How to know if dream is God, soul or enemy?

Archives for 2008
Manassehs_Warrior
Diamond Member

How to know if dream is God, soul or enemy?

Post by Manassehs_Warrior »

I had a dream last night that has me a little down. I had prayed and asked God how an estranged friend would be in response to me wanting to be her friend/back in her life again. We have had a broken friendship for the last two plus years, and I have missed her a lot this entire time (still do).

So last night I did have a dream and she was in it, and basically she did not really care for me. Not mean, as she is a very godly and mature Christian, but it seemed she did not want anything much to do with me as a friend, and I woke up feeling very, very disappointed.

How can I know if this dream was God answering me, or my own fears/soulish stuff, or even the enemy discouraging me?

I HOPE it is not God, but just because I dont want it to be, doesnt mean it wasn't....

Can anyone provide some insight, help?

I am pretty bummed right now but also this dream contradicts dreams I have had at other times about this friend.... but those dreams were months ago (or even over a year ago) and it is possible things have changed for my former friend regarding how she would react to me.

Thank you for reading,

MW
Krista
Diamond Member

Post by Krista »

Well you can always experiment. Pray pray pray pray for your friend, and pray abotu restoration. And then chuck it and try to make amends with her :D. Then if she's not intrested, you know it was from God, if shes happy and over joyed..it was from satan :lol:
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

Pray for confirmation in the Word or another dream...

Also, remember sometimes the Lord will show the emotions in the dream to the extreme to get you to pay attention to something more closely...In other words in this dream he could be warning you of the way she may respond to you in the future but irl it may not be that dramatic...but he shows you to this extreme to get you to pray...if it wasn't this dramatic you may dismiss it and not pray...

And also it could be the opposite, it could be that your friend is thinking that you are mad at her...hmmm? food for thought...

love you lots..
WFH
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
galena
Silver Member

Post by galena »

wow lots of insight there WaitingForHim thank you for posting that :shock:
galena~
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

One word in a nutshell is DISCERNMENT. The way discernment grows is sometimes the way it is described in the previous posts by testing it out. That to me is the school of hard knocks way as sometimes it can be a bit rough to do that, but it is of great learning value. The other way to grow in discernment is in spending time with the Lord.

in Christ,
Manassehs_Warrior
Diamond Member

Post by Manassehs_Warrior »

Thanks for the replies..... very much.

As I said, I have had other dreams with this friend, including one I KNOW was God.... but it was over a year ago. In that dream, I was shown that she and I would become friends again... It was interesting... In the dream, she and I were talking casually... and an old woman who saw us said, "You two were talking like you used to be very close friends."

I felt a little awkward and I looked down and didnt say anything but my friend spoke up and said, "We will be again" as she looked at me.

That is the dream I was holding on to.... but again, over a year old.

Last night's was kind of weird.... and I was not able to remember all of it and usually I can.... I said something like.... well unhealthy... like, "If I died (or killed myself!), you woudlnt care (much)?" and she was indicating she would not....

See, i dont even know the dream was of God... it was just weird...

Thank you again thought, for your responses.....

-Still a little bummed
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

Don't be bummed! Just what the E. would want you to do....Just give it back to Papa and ask Him to give you confirmation of HIS will for your relationship with the girl...but above all just trust HIM that He has it all in control and all will be ok...

Blessings to you dear one,
WFH
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.