studying about Moses

Archives for 2011
Pastor Joe
Silver Member

studying about Moses

Post by Pastor Joe »

3-2-11
I dreamed my wife and I were in a class. We were studying about Moses. The Text was Scripture that was printed on paper. It had been passed out for the class to study. We read the Text in class.
Realisticdreamz
Diamond Member

Post by Realisticdreamz »

Hi Pastor Joe,

No pun intended, but do you think you should go back over stories about Moses more thoroughly?

There seems to be a message within this message that you may realize when doing so... what speaks to your heart when studying about Moses, something you need to know and realize at just the right time. :)

May God bless your heart in understanding the meaning here and lead you and others for His Glory.
With love in Christ,
Annette

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21
Are we conforming into the image of Christ; or trying to conform His image into ours?
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Hey Pastor Joe,

Great dream. As the last poster pointed out I too would take the dream pretty literally and start studying out Moses with your wife (aka the church) Maybe a preaching series or a Wed night Bible study series on the life of Moses is in order.

I just love studying about Moses in the Bible. For what it is worth, when doing Bible studies with entry level or untrained people I will often print the scriptures I am using for the study right on the sheet for others to read from the sheet during the study. I find that many times people will forget their Bibles, so our last church had a stack of Bibles kept in the corner that people would use as needed and then put back for later use. I also found that people are distracted during studies or they will waste mucho time flipping through their Bibles to find something or they are arguing for their favorite Bible version which is near and dear to them. Having the verses to use pre-printed saves a lot of time and helps to get the points across. Hope this helps.

in Christ,
cbutler
Diamond Member

Post by cbutler »

Hi Pastor Joe...Are you and your wife considering taking classes in the Torah? As I'm sure you know the first five books of Moses is also known as the Torah.

just a thought.....
will
Diamond Member

Post by will »

Exodus 3:2-11 This was the date of your dream. It is also Moses calling.
"Most heresy comes when men take to logical conclusions that which God has only revealed in part."
Pastor Joe
Silver Member

Studying about Moses

Post by Pastor Joe »

Back on 3-22-97 I had this following dream: Does anyone think that they are connected?

I dreamed that I was setting in Cambridge church and I must have been getting ready to preach. It was like God was telling me t remember in Exodus how that the power of God was revealed. I’m pretty sure that it was mainly chapters 2 and 3. I remember that there was something or someone in my dream that like took there knuckle and when all the way up my leg. I knew that this was the power of God. When I woke up I was still filling where the Power of God had come upon my leg. I knew that God wanted me to know that my dreams are more than just dreams, they are a reality.
Warrior Princess
Diamond Member

Post by Warrior Princess »

Egypt represents bondage to the world, and to me more specifically to an economic system. The Israelites were slaves to it, making bricks to build someone else's kingdom. Moses was called to lead them out, through a wilderness process of trusting God for their provision, and eventually into the provision of the Promised Land.

I'm seeing this as a call to you to lead people OUT of bondage to the world's economic system and its entrapments and into God's Kingdom economy.

I had a Tornado Dream the other day about this. The interp that I got was that it's all about positioning. Those who have been good stewards will be ok. Others have not and have been caught up in the lie. The Lord said to me, "Get your helmets and your boots on and be ready." We need to be prepared to lead people to safety.

Here's the dream: viewtopic.php?t=24442

Here are the scriptures:

Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints. 19 Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should. ~ Ephesians 6

"But the one who is rich should take pride in his low position, because he will pass away like a wild flower. 11 For the sun rises with scorching heat and withers the plant; its blossom falls and its beauty is destroyed.

IN THE SAME WAY, THE RICH MAN WILL FADE AWAY EVEN WHILE HE GOES ABOUT HIS BUSINESS.

12 Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. 13 When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; 14 but

EACH ONE IS TEMPTED WHEN, BY HIS OWN EVIL DESIRE, HE IS DRAGGED AWAY AND ENTICED. THEN AFTER DESIRE HAS CONCEIVED, IT GIVES BIRTH TO SIN; AND SIN, WHEN IT IS FULL-GROWN, GIVES BIRTH TO DEATH. DON'T BE DECEIVED MY DEAR BROTHERS. EVERY GOOD AND PERFECT GIFT IS FROM ABOVE COMING DOWN FROM THE FATHER OF HEAVENLY LIGHTS, WHICH DOES NOT CHANGE LIKE SHIFTING SHADOWS.

He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.
Listening and Doing
19 My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, 20 for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires. 21 Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you. 22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.

23 ANYONE WHO LISTENS TO THE WORD BUT DOES NOT DO WHAT IT SAYS IS LIKE A MAN WHO LOOKS AT HIS FACE IN A MIRROR AND AFTER LOOKING AT HIMSELF GOES AWAY AND IMMEDIATELY FORGETS WHAT HE LOOKS LIKE. BUT THE MAN WHO LOOKS INTENTLY INTO THE PERFECT LAW THAT GIVES FREEDOM AND CONTINUES TO DO THIS, NOT FORGETTING WHAT HE HAS HEARD, BUT DOING IT, HE WILL BE BLESSED IN WHAT HE DOES.

26 If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless.

27 RELIGION THAT GOD OUR FATHER ACCEPTS AS PURE AND FAULTLESS IS THIS: TO LOOK AFTER ORPHANS AND WIDOWS IN THEIR DISTRESS AND TO KEEP ONESELF FROM BEING POLLUTED BY THE WORLD.

~ James 1
~Warrior Princess
"Now come the days of the king."