Wondering about Todd Bentely, tattoos and flying doves

Archives for 2008
leila78
Diamond Member

Wondering about Todd Bentely, tattoos and flying doves

Post by leila78 »

Hi everyone,

I had a dream where I was in my garden and I was cutting dead and black bits of a plant (it was similar to a cactus but without the spikes, a plant that was large and retained water). Whilst I was working I was thinking about how Todd Bentley was doing (I saw in my minds eye that he was doing a type of job but it was not clear enough to note).

I decided to go in the house to fetch something and my eldest sister was at the kitchen sink - as I went through into the hallway I saw a little cricket near the radiator and stamped on it. I headed back through the kitchen suddenly releasing now I had a dark blue & green tattoo on the top right area of my arm, I saw it and then went back to working on this plant.

Later I came into the kitchen a second time but just before entered the kitchen door a saw a group of really oversized doves in the sky flying( they were actually moving but coasting in the air at the altitude that they would normally fly) to the right and around the houses with a couple of bay coloured horses, just after them there were about 4/5 balloons following them in air.

As I peered down the driveway in the direction that they were heading towards, I saw the same oversized doves with bits of grey like they were covered in dirt/soot on certain areas of their feathers and their feathers were all fluffy but they still flew in a very regal way.

When I got into the kitchen and was coming back out in to the garden again my sister was talking about the thin physique of a lady who had a child (she used to be a model) - we could see her in the adjacent back garden to us (it was her mothers garden). Just as I was about to step out the door I noticed I had a dark blue & green tattoo on my thigh and my leg - this time I was stunned!
Blessings,

L.
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Hi leila,

I am unsure if you uncovered the meaning to this dream, I was looking up tattoo meanings and came across it.

I do believe that tattoos can have different meanings.

A few thoughts for your discernment. Discard if not applicable.

Cutting away dead areas of the plant that is filled with water, seems like the first inclination to your area of service, cutting out the dead or dark areas from living things.
This is a large endeaver that you undertake.

I am not familiar with Todd Bentley.

Sqaushing the cricket (they are annoying in the house arent they)
is a means of de-crittering the home, and bam, the first tattoo.

Perhaps the shock of the tattoo is that this service rapidly comes upon you, and each time you continue your work.

I would like to think of the tattoos in this way, whatever their purpose, will encourage growth in this service.

If the tattoos seemed negative...turn em around for His Glory.

I wanted to add something about this to be more clear. If there is an assignment of rebellion placed against you, your obediance can shine through even greater, if there is in any way the enemy would wish to bring you shame by branding you, you can overcome with Gods Word in His Grace, and if you ever feel scarred for life by any ordeal, God can and will redeem you that the works of your hands and your walk in Him will bring glory to Him.

A tattoo can be something seen as out of the ordinary, out of the mainstream. This may indeed be the mark of your service during this time, or in a more permanent way. God knows everything about you, and so, He knows exactly where you fit into His plan to suit your gifts and personality. The best thing I can pray for you, is to remain in Him, and to be a vessel that is humble and lead by His Spirit, rather than the flesh. That is not to discourage, but to be real.
Our giftings and abilities do not give us our value, it is the understanding of Gods love and mercy toward us that gives understanding of who He is, and what He has done for us that does.

Tattoos can be removed, spiritually by God, or by lazer IRL, or left as reminders of something precious, in regard to His Word.

I have had positive dream and negative dreams with tattoos, so what they picture is important.

I do see doves as Christians.

The greying...
Ashes, repentence of big church leaders perhaps.

Horses..I havent even looked up the symbol meaning, but balloons often mean deliverence to me.
Perhaps doctrine, strength, power, freedom, war.
2= opposition.

Peace,

Piano
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
leila78
Diamond Member

Post by leila78 »

Hi Piano,

It's funny that you should bring up this dream as I had a prayer time where Holy Spirit was brandishing me for His service!

The old has been cut away time for the new!!!

Praise God!

L.
imavessel
Diamond Member

Post by imavessel »

crickets are small creatures yet make a lot of noise
In your dream- it (the cricket) was stamped out . . .
Just after you saw that there was the first tatoo

But just before you were thinking of Todd Bentley

Tatoos are marks that are permanent

I realize ppl now cover them up, but they, in essence, are marks that are not removed.

People fail. The word says they will, but if God has "marked' someone, it does not mean that they will be removed from Him---

When we put too much stock in man (or woman) we will be let down, but God never lets down . . .

Anyway, that's the part that I got. Not all, but if I get more, will write again. :)
God isn't looking for perfect vessels, simply willing ones . . . :)
leila78
Diamond Member

Post by leila78 »

Hi Imavessel,

What you said about being 'marked' and that it doesn't mean that they will be removed from God really resonates with me - men will fail but even in failing we can submit ourselves to God so that He will continue to use us for His glory!,

Blessings,

L.
Warrior Princess
Diamond Member

Post by Warrior Princess »

Healing, restoration, assignment.
~Warrior Princess
"Now come the days of the king."
piano
Diamond Member

Post by piano »

Hi Leila78,

I decided to look into horses more, because I really wanted to know about them.
I was surprised.
I have always loved horses, but I have a much different respect for what Gods Word says concerning them now, in the spiritual sense.

I found several scriptures that seem to imply that horses are a carnal strength, and fall into the area of self will.

Ps 32:9 (NIV) Do not be like the horse or the mule, which have no understanding but must be controlled by bit and bridle or they will not come to you.

Pr 26:3 (NIV) A whip for the horse, a halter for the donkey, and a rod for the backs of fools!

Jer 8:6 (NIV) I have listened attentively, but they do not say what is right. No one repents of his wickedness, saying, "What have I done?" Each pursues his own course like a horse charging into battle.

Also scriptures that concerning reliance on the strength of the flesh, rather than reliance on Gods strength.

Ps 20:7 (NIV) Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.

Ps 33:17 (NIV) A horse is a vain hope for deliverance; despite all its great strength it cannot save.

Isa 31:1 (NIV) Woe to those who go down to Egypt for help, who rely on horses, who trust in the multitude of their chariots and in the great strength of their horsemen, but do not look to the Holy One of Israel, or seek help from the Lord.

Isa 30:16 (NIV) "You said, 'No, we will flee on horses.' Therefore you will flee! You said, 'We will ride off on swift horses.' Therefore your pursuers will be swift!"

The horses in Revelation are horses that carry the different judgements upon the earth, and the White Horse that Jesus rides, In the Day of the Lord, is the final of those judgements.

Rev 19:11-21 (NIV) I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war. His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.
The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. "He will rule them with an iron scepter." He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty...
The rest of them were killed with the sword that came out of the mouth of the rider on the horse, and all the birds gorged themselves on their flesh.

There is instruction to Gods people..

Dt 17:16a (NIV) The king, moreover, must not acquire great numbers of horses for himself.

Ex 15:1 (NIV) Then Moses and the Israelites sang this song to the Lord: "I will sing to the Lord, for he is highly exalted. The horse and its rider he has hurled into the sea."

Horses are magnificent, there is no doubt.
They are war ready and strong. They have little fear.
We are just not to trust in their strength, as did some ancient civilazations.

I hope this gives you some idea of the symbolism of the horses in your dream.

I do not settle with the idea of delivering anything that is carnal, but deliverence from that which is carnal, I am in tune with.

There were not any scripture references to bay horse except in some translation of Zechariah 6, but those horses were dappled or brindle which had stripes or dapples of different color upon them.

Piano
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
leila78
Diamond Member

Post by leila78 »

Hi Piano,

I agree with the symbolism and that we are not to rely on earthly things however strong for their strength!

You have demonstrated through the use of scripture that horses are fearless, strong, fit for purpose but our strength coms from the Lord!!

Blessings,

L.