Getting ready for the Prom and me with receding hairline....

Archives for 2008
Manassehs_Warrior
Diamond Member

Getting ready for the Prom and me with receding hairline....

Post by Manassehs_Warrior »

I dreamt I was with a friend from high school days (not the greatest friend either) and she was getting ready go to the Prom and I was with her. I think I then started to look for something wear and as I looked into a full-length mirror, I saw that I was quite overweight.... (I gained a bit in real life but I was a lot heavier in this dream for sure).

Also as I looked at myself, I noticed my hair didn't look right. Upon closer examination, I saw that I had what appeared to be a receding hairline (I am female)... balding in the front and it was quite unsightly. So then I changed my hairstyle and combed it over to the side -- I have long hair -- and it seemed to cover it pretty well.
I was asking my friend about her date and she was telling me, apparently someone well-to-do and such, and I am not sure I even had a date in the dream. I think my mother was bringing me clothes to wear or try on, in the dream, and I was rejecting whatever she was bringing me (not appropriate for a Prom, like large, baggy shorts, etc).

(There had been a prior scene where I was also at what I think was the Prom, and i was drinking and trying to impress "popular" kids at the table, represented by kids who had been popular from my high school. I took this to mean some people-pleasing was going on and to be careful about that IRL??).

Then scene changed and I was seeing the outside of my ex-boyfriend/fiance's house and somehow I got a different vehicle than the one he had when we dated. It was white and larger, a four (4) door, with a sporty kinda curve in the back that attracted me to it. Then I was inside this car and committing or trying to commit a certain sin that I don't want to name here (feel embarrassed :oops: ).

I woke up feeling disgusted and also tempted to commit the sin (it has to do with lust).

I have some ideas but, any thoughts? I woke up feeling disturbed in my spirit and my mind and I still feel that way. My dreams tend to affect me emotionally once I wake up and for hours, too.
talitha

Post by talitha »

There is a lot of self-focus in this dream..... self-examination, self-judgment, self-indulgence, etc..... I feel that the Lord is gently pointing this out - He wants you to be free of that sort of thing - he wants you to give over the reins, so to speak.....

And the self-disgust feeling...... what it really is - is a good thing, I believe - here's a scripture to help you push through it:

Hebrews 1:9 "You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness above your companions."

blessings be upon you
tal
Manassehs_Warrior
Diamond Member

Post by Manassehs_Warrior »

Hi Talitha, thanks very much! Interesting observations.... great Scripture, too.

I think I felt more disgusted in the 2nd dream, or scene.... where i was in the process of committing or trying to commit, a certain sin.... that was just not pleasant... I wonder if God was trying to warn me I might be faced with tempation toward that particular sin in the near future? It seems foul to me though.... that I would be in the almost act of doing it.... and I woke up tempted as I said, and ended up committing the sin! :(

But back to what u said, yes, I have felt lousy about my appearance since i fell into a depression over 2 years ago and gained alot of weight. Normally I am pretty trim and in-shape looking (and even "buff"). Though i have lost some weight, I still need to lose a lot more and do indeed feel lousy about myself for being overweight. But it is not a new thing, this has been going on for the last 2 years or so as I said. Hmmm. The receding hairline was weird.... does that symbolize anything in particular? ?