The Blood of the Lamb

Archives for 2008
jer2911
Silver Member

The Blood of the Lamb

Post by jer2911 »

This is a recent dream I had. I was standing in my laundry room, directly in front of my washing machine. It was quietly washing a load of clothes, lying on top of it was a very large snake.

It had stretched itself out over the machine. Its head was slightly beyond the right edge and the tail was hanging over the left side of the washer. There were several lumps all through its body. It looked as if it had been gorging itself. Out of its mouth were hanging pieces of plastic, cardboard and cloth. Except for the cardboard, they were all of different colors. (I knew that they represented material gifts that the Lord had given to my family & that the serpent had been feasting on our worldly goods).

The serpent was positioning itself as if trying to make itself comfortable. As I watched it I was aware that the washer was washing a full load of laundry. But the weight of the serpent had no effect on it at all.

Suddenly a second larger snake appeared directly behind the first. Gliding directly behind the first one it effortlessly devoured it. Now where the first snake had lain, the other larger one was positioned on the washer. The first snake was completely engulfed by the second one as evidenced by the outline of several lumps all over its body. It lay quietly still as if waiting. As I watched I heard a voice say “python”.

Then I looked down again at the washer to see if the washer had withstood the combined weight of the two serpents and laundry. But it continued to quietly do the work it had been designed to do. Then in the next instant the voice said, “the life is in the blood”. Lev 17:11

I knew that the first snake represented the enemy. It had devoured our earthly, material goods, gifts that the Lord had given us. At the same time I also knew that what I valued so highly in this world was of no consequence to God. Just as in the physical world bits and pieces of cardboard, cloth and plastic have no value; my earthly goods are without value in the heavenly, spiritual realm.

The Lord designed a weapon that would conquer the work of the enemy. Another larger and more powerful serpent than the first was prepared to overwhelm my enemy and recover all that had been stolen.

I remembered the time when Moses and Aaron appeared before Pharaoh, Aaron’s serpent swallowed up the magician's serpents.

The rod was used as a tool to bring the plagues to Egypt. Ultimately the rod was used to bring on the destruction of Pharaoh’s army.

The Israelites painted their doorposts and lintels with lamb’s blood. It was also used for a sign. When the angel passed over the house marked with lamb's blood, the lives of all those within were saved.

It was only a very short time between the time that the serpent – rod devoured the magician’s snakes and the time of the Passover and the last encounter that Israel would have with Egypt.

In the same way, God is telling us now that there is only a very short time left between this time, and the time of our last encounter with the enemy. We must stop majoring on the minor, temporary things and major on the things of the Lord. The material things have already been recovered. He has told us that we will be provided for and that He would provide for every one of us. There truly is no weapon formed against us that will prosper.

He is saying to us, “Take your eyes off of the things of the world. Just as the Israelites left Egypt with more than they entered with - so will you. Keep your eyes on Me. Continue to watch & pray. Be ready with rejoicing. Put yourselves and your families under the Blood. Stay under its power. "

Hallelujah!
who me?

Post by who me? »

one thing that i find interesting with the wealth that they left Egypt with is that they could only use it to build a dwelling place for God.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

I like you adding your own intrepretation on the end of the dream, that is a good addition and great insight for the other readers as well. The interepretation seems right at first but something does not seem totally complete in it to me. The snake that ate the first snake and then the word python was interesting to me. The word python stood out to me as it was another snake sent from the enemy, not a snake sent from the Lord to devour the first snake as in the Biblical Moses account. The python wraps around and squeezes its enemies to death. After a physical goods or monitary loss would come the inevetiable financial squeeze that follows. A python as a symbol can also sometimes represent a religious spirit or just simply a spiritual squeezing. The Good News is that Jesus paid the price for that and His Blood covers it. We over come by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony. (rev 12:11) Yes the life is in the blood. (Lev 17:11) Hope this adds another dimension to the interpretation you already had and bears witness as well.

in Christ,
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

PS: What I should have added to the last post... We do not have to just sit there and take the devourer just eating away at us, we have the authority by the living blood of the Lamb to rebuke that enemy and claim it back. It all belongs to the Lord anyway.

in Christ,
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Thank you for the IM. Yes, definately focus on the blood of the Lamb, there is life and power in the blood. All praise be to Jesus!

in Christ,
graphite412
Silver Member

Post by graphite412 »

You might be interested to know that the girl in Acts that Paul cast the demon out of was a spirit of python. This is Acts 16:16

Strong's Ref. # 4436

Romanized Puthon
Pronounced poo'-thone

from Putho (the name of the region where Delphi, the seat of the famous oracle, was located); a Python, i.e. (by analogy, with the supposed diviner there) inspiration (soothsaying):

KJV-- divination.

Check out the greek :)