Vision of hand rising from bedside

Archives for 2008
kse
Platinum Member

Vision of hand rising from bedside

Post by kse »

I was lying on my side in bed, awake but with closed eyes. I was on my the side of the bed my husband usually sleeps on, but he was gone at work. I saw a hand rise up from the side of the bed, on my side. It rose up all the way to about the elbow and I think it came down on the bed, as though clutching. I also think that it was my own hand (right hand) I was seeing. On it was a pearl ring. I have to say this freaked me out.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Kristina
"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things which thou knowest not." Jeremiah 33:3
sigmon2
Diamond Member

HI

Post by sigmon2 »

Hi
I have found many dreams of Spiritual connections are many times related to prayers, especially of late. Could any of your prayers of late be connected to the hand or the pearl ring?
the clutching part would to me seem to say grabbing on....but it depends on how the clutching was occuring too....was it desparate or calm or ?.....sometimes the action details help a lot. Was the hand reaching for you, your husband, or just reaching? What about the color of the hand? what about the feelings during the dream....evil, neutral, or ?. anything else you can remember? It was in your bedroom and in your bed - master bedroom stuff...so consider any meanings related to your husband and you including his prayers.
see ya
Scott
Waiting on the Lord in a Hurry
kse
Platinum Member

Post by kse »

Thanks, Sigmon. It didn't feel desperate, it freaked me out because I had my eyes closed and wasn't expecting to see a hand/arm appear out of nowhere. It seemed to be just reaching. There is a thought, unconfirmed, that it may be like reaching up out of a grave?

I should maybe mention that the day before I had a vision of a white purse with white beading all over it. In the center was a large, red stone, and all around that were different colored stones. When I opened it up there was a pearl ring inside it. I'm guessing this is the same ring.

Sometimes these things are simpler than I make them out to be...
"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things which thou knowest not." Jeremiah 33:3
sigmon2
Diamond Member

Hi

Post by sigmon2 »

Hi
True, they are most of the time more simple than we think but I still have some I can not say for sure the meaning in total.....
You say the grave......My thoughts are wondering if you have any passed relatives you are hanging on too and not letting go? Maybe in this regard or any other a grudge having to do with money or jewerly? Please do not be offended I am just asking....I wonder why in your mind's eye you would be seeing a hand coming from the grave as it were.......However.....
Another thought came to mind when I wrote the first entry and now with the purse, I will write it here.....
The Pearl seems to be the central theme....the hand only seems to be delivering it, the purse only seemed to be a delivery item too. I checked the Bible... Have you been praying or thinking along these lines lately?,,,,,,
Mat 13:44 ¶ Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.
Mat 13:45 ¶ Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:
Mat 13:46 Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.
In Matthew 13 The Lord spent a lot of effort talking about about the Kingdom of Heaven and what it is like...who will get in and how we will get in and so on...with more stuff being said.....could any of this be in your life or around your life right now or around the time of the dream?
Matthew 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.
But the way the purse and hand are coming to you I do not think this would really speak to me, but only you can tell......
Here is also....
Ti 2:9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;
1Ti 2:10 But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.
There are some verses in Rev. but they do not seem to connect but you could check them out in Chapters 17, 18, 21.
Keep praying the Lord will share the meaning because all interpretations are His anyways...............
Hang in there.......
ps.....The presentation of the hand and purse make me think that your attention was needed so it came in a dramatic way.....it freaked you out to remember......
see ya
Scott
Waiting on the Lord in a Hurry
kse
Platinum Member

Post by kse »

If I'm going to go strictly from the biblical symbols page, here is what it would mean, at least in part.

A pearl is something that is formed after much agitation or affliction. Amen there! It really is of great price!

A ring is something of covenant.

A right hand is power and the ability to move or accomplish.

A purse is symbolic for one's identity.

It could simply mean I am an overcomer now. But I always love to hear what others who are more seasoned than I have to say. The reason I would say the hand could be coming from a grave is that we are in a financial grave, which of course hinders everything, our lives, ministries, etc. It wasn't something of our own doing, someone has put us there, so to speak, by device and deceit. Though I believe it was the will of God for it to happen for His own purposes, like when He allowed Lazarus to die and came back to him for the sake of showing the power of God's resurrection. It is very difficult in the mean time.

I was hoping this vision would be something like a resurrection, reaching up from the grave as an overcomer. Now that I think about it I'm seeing a possible connection to another vision.