House Hunting

Archives for 2008
sheep
Silver Member

House Hunting

Post by sheep »

In the dream my wife Marissa and I are looking at houses. The first ones we look at are small older homes that have nothing but dirt around the property. My wife then mentions to me that the area use to be full of trees and plants until developer came in and removed them all. It seemed to look like my grandparents old neighbourhood (my grandparent have all passed on).

Then next part of the dream I am still looking at houses but now they are made of gingerbread and lots of candies. I was looking at a garden first and then the house. The last one, which I think was the third one, I was looking at I thought this one is a gas station, even though it just looked like a house. I then thought that I didn't want to buy a gas station.

sheep
John 10:27 - My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
connie
Diamond Member

Post by connie »

Hi sheep,

Praise the Lord. I thank the Lord for the opportunity to give some input into one of your dreams, in light of all the help you've given me.

The first part of your dream speaks to me of a 'generational inheritance' the Lord has for you.. the receiving of the inheritance is currently under development or in the stages of developing..

the second part.. I don't know for certain about this but I'm offering it for your prayerful consideration. What comes to mind is the story of Hansel and Gretel - a fairy tale about a firey trial turned triumphant. I think if you read this fairy tale prayerfully, you'll glean some spiritual food from it:
A woodcutter is persuaded by his wife to abandon his children, Hansel and Gretel, in the forest because the family faces near‐starvation in a time of famine. The first time the children find their way back to the family cottage by following the trail of pebbles Hansel has strewn on their path. The second time, however, they are unable to return because birds eat the crumbs Hansel has scattered. They walk deeper and deeper into the forest, subsisting on berries, until a bird leads them to a house made of bread, with ‘cake for a roof and pure sugar for windows’. Hansel gorges himself on a large piece of the roof, while Gretel eats a piece of the window pane in spite of the voice from inside the house crying:

Who's that nibbling at my house?

Nibble, nibble, I hear a mouse.

Who's that nibbling at my house?

They answer that it's just the wind, but then are appalled to see the witch emerge from the house. She invites them in, feeds them pancakes and milk, and puts them to bed in clean white sheets. They think they are ‘in heaven’, but the witch's cannibalistic intentions are clear. The next morning she puts Hansel in a cage to fatten him up; Gretel must cook him nourishing meals, while eating only crabshells herself. The near‐sighted witch regularly tests one of Hansel's fingers to see if he's getting fatter, but he cleverly gives her a chicken bone to feel. After a month she decides to eat him anyway and commands Gretel to build the fire in the oven. Gretel tearfully follows her orders, but when the witch tells her to climb in to see if the oven is hot enough, she pretends not to understand and asks the witch to demonstrate. The witch climbs in, Gretel slams the door shut, and then releases Hansel from his cage as the witch, howling, is burned to death. They fill their pockets with gold and jewels from the witch's house, are carried over a wide river by a friendly duck, and finally reach the family cottage again. Their stepmother has died, and they live with their father (and the jewels they've brought) ‘in utmost joy’.
The gingerbread house and the candles... I thought also of Bethlehem (& Bethel, house of bread) and the candles as the spirit of the Lord within you..

I hear this, sheep, "Hope in the Lord, for He has broken bread with you & cut covenant with you" .

Bless you my fellow 'frozen chosen'

His Love, connie
sheep
Silver Member

Post by sheep »

Hi Connie,
Thank you for your encouragement. :)

Your interpretation really speaks of what we are going through right now. We have come out of a fire period of our lives and are just stepping into greater communion with God and he's beginning to confirm promises that He has made to us years ago.

Thank you and many blessings in Christ.

sheep
kimibrew

Post by kimibrew »

HI Sheep,

I was wondering if the gas station is referring to ministry op's to 'refuel' people. Encouragement, impartation??

kimibrew
sheep
Silver Member

Post by sheep »

kimibrew,
Encouragement and impartation has been what God has been speaking to me about lately too. Thanks for the confirmation! :D

Blessings,
sheep