Picking up pennies, nickels & dimes

Archives for 2008
connie
Diamond Member

Picking up pennies, nickels & dimes

Post by connie »

Praise the Lord,

I apologize for the length of the dream.. but I need some help. What do you think the small change symbolizes in this dream?

I was in a country setting, coming and going along country lanes.. the 'lanes' were like old wagon trails in the forest. Everything was green like summer time. Each time I went out, I moved very swiftly. I may have been flying low to the ground or walking very very quickly. The ground blurred at times as I saw it passing swiftly beneath me. I would see pennies, nickels, & dimes in the surrounding grasses and on the lanes and I would pick some of it up. I knew no one else would pick up the change because of it's small value. I collected as many as I could in the time i had as I traveled along. I didn't stop or slow down from whatever tasks i was on- (maybe I was an errand boy, i don't know ?) It seemed to be my sister-in-law Linda's property.

I was again out and about, this time I was walking with Linda. She was either making plans for a grand renovation to her house or she was planning to build a grand building or something grand on her property. She was very wealthy. As we walked along, I was picking up pennies, nickels and dimes. My pockets were bulging and I knew this was the most I had ever picked up. Linda is talking about the building plans to her assistant or secretary and then turns to look at me. They were on one side of the country lane and I was on the other side. I'm beaming with a huge smile & say this is the most change I've ever collected. She says. "Good. I can use that money (the change I picked up) and put it towards.. ?.. I think she wanted to send the money to a children's charity or some other favorite charity. I was a little startled because she had never before asked for the change I picked up- (even her children hadn't bothered to pick up the loose change b/c it was such a small amount, of little value in other's eyes). I said, oh, ok. I simply thought, it's her property, after all and if she wants what I gathered then so be it. I felt the change vanish, just disappear from my pockets.

I'm now in town on some errand. Again moving very quickly and I'm in the parking lot of a hotel I used to work for. As I go, I'm picking up the pennies and other small change everyone discarded. I'm moving along with my eyes to the ground and I'm now in the street behind the hotel. I see a man's well-worn black leather wallet on the sidewalk. I pick it up and peek inside for the ID. There's a scruffy looking man behind me and he overhears as I sound out the name on the ID, it's Angelo Beurealis (or a similar sounding surname) There's money in the wallet- $120. I see more people standing in a line behind the scruffy man & I realize it's a soup line. I'm looking around wondering if the wallet's owner is still somewhere around. Another scraggly looking man comes up and asks if anyone found a wallet belonging to Angelo B--------- .. He says the surname the same way I had sounded it out. I didn't trust him to be the owner of the wallet because I knew I hadn't pronounced the surname on the ID properly. I tuck the wallet into my pocket and thought I'll look at the ID in private and decide what to do with it then.

I walked into an alley overgrown with yellow weeds. I glance down and see a wad of 20$ bills folded in half amidst the yellow weeds. I was going to walk past it and leave it thinking maybe someone had hidden it there and would come back for it. Then I caught sight of two rough looking people, a man & woman, in my periphereal vision. I picked up the money for safekeeping. I see someone I know, Percy, walking ahead of me. I sensed the couple behind me might rob me for the money I found. To distract their attention, I take my 2, $20 dollar bills out and hold it up in the air with my left hand, at the same time, I reached out with my right hand and put the found money in Percy's jacket pocket. I knew they wouldn't dare try to jump him (IRL, he's a rough character, not someone to try and attack, lol). Percy turns the corner behind a store.

Now the scene changes: I'm walking at a normal pace, in a crosswalk behind Percy. We're in a four-way intersection, crossing the street where I had just found the wallet. I see snow falling a few blocks down the street we're on. I was getting cold because I left my coat at home or lost it but suddenly I feel really warm & good inside. I know that all the money I found now belongs to me. My $40 ( it was the total for the loose change I found in the parking lot) had been added to, with the found wallet's $120 and then further added to with the alley find of $110. I felt 'doubled up'. I thought I'll buy my daughter a jacket and myself too. I ask Percy for the money I tucked in to his pocket. He said, no I need it to buy ------- but I think he was joking or teasing me.

I see another sister-in-law, Wanda, on mainstreet. She is softly rounded (not overweight like IRL) & looking really good. She has a small soft gray sweater wrapped snugly around her. She falls into step beside me, chatting away. I glanced into the shop windows as we pass by, noting all the shops are very upscale even the post office looks posh. There was a store whose gabled windows swelled forward into the sidewalk area. We had to walk around it. Wanda walks me into a little boutique next to that swelling one.

The way she carried herself gave me the first impression that she owned the boutique. I glanced across the street and saw Percy standing in front of a store & he's talking to someone. He had continued walking and didn't appear to notice I wasn't with him. But I thought I'll catch up to him later and get my money.

Wanda goes behind the counter in the boutique and shows me a soft gray-colored wool (or maybe cashmere blend) cardigan with big buttons up the front. It has very soft looking white wool accents on the shoulders and/or collar area (probably the upper back yoke was white) There was a cable-knit design up along the arm sleeve seam -the spot where the front bodice joins the arm sleeves. The v-neck cardigan would be long enough to cover my rear end. Wanda says she set the sweater aside for me knowing it was perfect for me. Then she starts to ring it into the cash register without asking me if I wanted to buy it. My eyes bulge as I see it's priced at $ 981.20. I gulp and Wanda continues to punch in codes and numbers. She says, it's on sale and with her employee discount the next amount comes up at $98.1- ? I thought with relief, oh I have enough money to cover that amount. Wanda's still entering numbers. I look & the final price is 1.98$ or 98 cents.

Then Wanda said she was going to purchase it for me. I told her she didn't have to do that. I'm stunned at the final price & wonder if she's allowed to do what she just did? .. then I got the impression that although she may not own the shop, she did hold a high position of authority and influence there and she could do what she just did if she chose to. She wraps the sweater up and pops it into a bag for me.

I awoke with a jolt feeling like something of great significance had just taken place.

I fell asleep and the dream continued but I only remember one scattered portion.

Thank you for reading. Jesus bless you,

connie
talitha

Post by talitha »

This scripture comes to mind:
"the wealth of the sinner is stored up for the righteous."
Proverbs 13:22b

some other thoughts -
  • this stands out "I knew no one else would pick up the change because of it's small value. I collected as many as I could in the time i had as I traveled along." - you were not despising the small thing - The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house, and his hands will finish it. Then you will know that the LORD of hosts has sent me to you. For who has despised the day of small things? But these seven will be glad when they see the plumb line in the hand of Zerubbabel--these are the eyes of the LORD which range to and fro throughout the earth." (Zech.4:9-10)
  • Linda = linder (as in 'neither a borrower nor a linder be')?
  • the phrase "gathering change* keeps coming to mind
  • the change vanishes.... that has to mean something.....
  • Angelo.... angels unaware? :lol: also the last name made me think of the Northern Lights. interesting.
  • beginning to think of the parable of the soils...... in the first part what was sown fell by the road and was trampled underfoot (no one else would pick it up, it was despised), and the birds stole it (in the dream it vanished), in the second part it fell on rocks and withered away without moisture (in the dream it was lost on the sidewalk), in the third part it fell among thorns (in the dream it was yellow weeds) and the thorns choked it out (see Luke 8 )
  • Percy - purse?
  • soft grey sweaters - I think the significance is possibly not in the color but in the fact that they were the same soft grey, each cut right for the wearer - possibly it's business grey? possibly it has to do with favor and stature? not sure.....
  • I looked up "ninety-eight" in the Bible, and the only thing I found was that Eli was ninety-eight and blind when he heard that his sons were dead and the Ark of God was taken, and he died when he heard it. Don't know if that's relevant.
Just thought I'd throw in what I could here, I hope some of it jogs something - I kind of fell asleep with this open last night, so I'm wondering if someone else has posted to it in the interim. LOL!

blessings
tal
connie
Diamond Member

Post by connie »

Tal,

thank you so much for all your valuable input.
I kind of fell asleep with this open last night, so I'm wondering if someone else has posted to it in the interim. LOL!
:lol: I was afraid of this.. I'm sorry for sending you into a coma :lol:

I had 3 different trains of thought going.. and I think all 3 are being pointed out here.

The scripture you gave was rolling around in my mind as well. my thoughts were on the eyes of the Lord roaming to and fro..

The Angelo B... ditto on that

neither a borrower or a linder be - that cracked me up. I love word play.

the color of the sweaters, that never ocurred to me. Thanks for bringing that up. I know the sweater was significant, especially when I found myself describing it in such detail :oops: :roll:

I remembered a prophetic vision & word, thanx to your input! Wanda had a vision of me last year about this time.. and I was wearing a black sweater in her vision.. she didn't know I frequently wore that sweater at the office IRL. (It was a nice lightweight alternative for a blazer) I think her vision is about to come to pass this new year.

The parable for the soils.. My other train of thought was regarding sowing spiritual seed .. in those who the world sees as being of little human value eg: Percy.

Percy-purse, 'the wealth of the sinner laid up.. that's really good. and it is witnessing in my spirit. PTL.

edit; sorry, removed some info that may have been unkind.

I also remembered an open eyed vision and beautiful prophecy the Lord spoke to me about 15 years ago.. and I think that is also being addressed here.

Tal, thank you so much. I have much to pray over and into, and much to consider.

love, connie
jewel

Post by jewel »

A few things that I'd like to add.... thoughts mostly because like the dream has many places and situations taking place all at once I do feel that there is a many layered interp to it. I did notice some minor details that stood out, so I'm mostly pointing to those.... in part because it was fun for me to realize that I noticed them and I felt that pointing them out might help spark some additional thoughts for you.

-Change can mean exactly that, symbolic of literal changes in situations that once were one way shift completely to seem to be another. Normally when I dream of change myself, the change is not directly with the situation I'm dreaming about but the change ends up being more with my own attitude and my personal approach to the situation at hand. For example people that I find difficult to deal with in general suddenly become somehow charming or adorable to me.... and I just begin to adore something about them so much that my general attitude changes even though they have not changed at all.

-I noticed that there are some numbers mentioned twice sort of three times indirectly in various places in your dream:
1. your change collected added up to $40 and you also waved $40 in your left hand to halt off what could be potential danger.
2. You had found a wad of $20's.... then later the $981.20 is equal to 20 if you add the 9,8,1 & 2.
3. $120 total in the found wallet somehow along with the $110 was giving you a feeling of being "doubled up".... wierd but if you add the two ones in 110 then you have 2 add the zero to the end and there is another twenty (that makes three of them). However twenty doubled is again 40 and now you have a third forty. (I could be stretching a bit there though)

-I also was struck with the end of your dream and how the value changed as you moved numbers and the decimal point around... yet the numbers used didn't change. I'm under the impression that this great change in cost is pointing to something of great value, dispite the value of cost or dollar amounts that men would place on items.

-You know the person with the authority to change things in your favor.... and SIMPLY knowing this person allows you to pay much less for the item of very high value. I believe this is pointing to an intimate walk with the Holy Spirit.... your being rewarded greatly simply because your friends with one that can lower the cost for you.

-In general there were more than one reference to authority, and what that type of authority might hold. You mentioned this when you gave the wad to someone who people wouldn't mess with and again in the store with your understanding of why you'd been given this bargian. I believe that this is either signaling a shift in authority level or a "change" in the way authority is understood or percieved.

I have NO idea if this is a coorporate thing or something intended for you alone..... either way, if none of my slightly different perspectives bear witness with you feel free to discard.

GBU!
jewel
connie
Diamond Member

Post by connie »

jewel! wow! :shock:

I'm sorry, I wasn't ignoring you. I just saw your post..

I'm going off to read and pray and drink some hot chocolate.

Thank you so much.

In His Love, connie