a dream that in part mirrored my reality today

Archives for 2011
peggyo
Diamond Member

a dream that in part mirrored my reality today

Post by peggyo »

Hi Dreamers:

Strangely had this dream during napping this a.m. just as my in real life carpenter was installing one of those glass block window units in my bathroom.

This dream had me in my house seems downstairs as I was realizing I was going into labor with my pregnancy. I was walking up the stairs and holding my stomach, paying attention to the labor that was oncoming and praying for a safe delivery for the child, considering that I was a much older mom. As I am transcending the stairs into the kitchen, I am thinking over this pregnancy and although I have not been happy about it, with the birth impending I am actually looking forward to this new baby and want to tell my friend.

Upstairs in the kitchen I run into my carpenter who I tell that I have gone into labor. He seems happy with the news. I realize while talking that I am already a single mother, just as in real life, but this pregnancy is now an extra child, and there seems to be a stigma that here I am pregnant again (at my age), and now with no husband. I am concerned that my friend has bias issues against me, thinking this is an illicit pregnancy, but in reality I know that the pregnancy was not a result of any sin that I had committed.

The house is very arty looking, different. Walls are yellows, tangerine and harvest orange and reds--very bright.

We finish the deal over the installation of the window and the price is $145. But he tells me that this deal will have to be a no-charge this time. I assure him that I have money to pay and want to pay. As he heads away from me his appearance seems to change to that of a much younger man who is on the thin side with dark hair. In the dream and in real life he is in his 60s with gray hair and dressed like a carpenter--jeans, flannel shirt. He is a small but robust man, like a little cannon ball. This other man seems completely different.

I woke up feeling happy and went to see my new bathroom window which was looking very pretty.

Seems a definite God dream to me for several reasons.

Wondering what the pregnancy is about.

Also wondering about the changing of the man's appearance.

I had a dream that had a somewhat similar feel long ago that involved a pregnancy, and in this dream I was being defended as being "pregnant by the Holy Spirit," which I am posting below for reference. The man in both dreams is the same man IRL. In many ways I have felt like Jesus' mother Mary, being pregnant with something that caused me to look suspect but yet knowing that a God thing was going on in my life.

If you wish to read the former dream dated 9/23/2009 from about 1-1/2 years ago, here it is...

Had a vivid dream the other night. Seems kind of personal so hesitated to post, I dunno.

It was of a mid-evil castle type nature (unusual for me to have this type of setting, but must mean something). I have a sense of oppression of women occurring in this place in the manner of taking advantage of women who are in needy (financial) situations--causing them to submit to something other than their own control of their lives.

I'm in a lower level chamber--walls are made of large bricks. There is a man present in this room who I know IRL. He has a somewhat dominating personality. He is angry at me because he has evidence that leads him to believe I am not pregnant. He comes at me with accusations. I end up cowering in a corner of the room; a door is in this corner (this isn't typical behavior for me!). I don't remember what he said. Someone is trying to enter the room through the door in front of me. There's a key in the door knob. I've got a hold of the key and am trying to prevent this person from entering. I'm working the key back and forth in the lock trying to prevent them from unlocking, but they are too strong and I cannot resist.

Then this man (I'm not sure if he is a creature/man or what, but he is small/thin, more like a teenager) bursts through the door between me and the wall. He declares over me "this woman is pregnant by the Holy Spirit."

Dream ends.

I'm particularly interested in the door and the key situation. Seems strange that I would be preventing a helpful spirit from entering the room, but in the dream I had no idea who was on the other side of the door and no thoughts of why I would not want them to enter.

Also, had the sense that this declaration was to distinguish a natural pregnancy from a spiritual pregnancy, so spiritual from natural, and IRL I have had a conversation with this man in the dream about this subject once before. I had to fend him off telling him God had promised me something about my son who is troubled and told him he had a spiritual problem that could only be fixed by God, not by natural means. He SEEMED to accept this, but maybe not finished yet.

Almost have the impression of a Mary, mother of Jesus, pregnant with the HS type situation. Angels did come to Mary's rescue as well.

Any HS insights appreciated!
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven."
peggyo
Diamond Member

Post by peggyo »

Greetings--

Thought I was getting some revelation on this dream while out driving tonight that I really had no clue about originally and is already a month old. Babies are important and life changing in real life, so the symbolic baby of our dreams I always take seriously.

The single mother theme of the dream--having another baby--and the stigma that comes along with that, even though I KNOW in the dream that there is nothing illicit about the origination of my "baby" seemed to jump out at me and I am now wondering if this is not about ministry to the single mother (parent) and her children.

I knew this was going to come up in ministry at some point, but my own experience with single motherhood was so gruesome and there was so much abandonment by family and the church, that I have not wanted to tackle the issue.

The handyman in the dream I am wondering what he is symbolic for. Cause in real life he seems to enjoy harassing me about my sons, even though he has no children of his own, without really knowing the facts, or just the basics of how to help a woman in need and respect her at the same time.

The word illicit comes up in the dream. I like this colloquial (common man's) sort of definition of illicit -- unacceptable by prevailing social standards or ...illicit can also be used to describe anything that is not approved by society.

The real-life new glass block window with pretty beveled glass is almost an art addiction to my bathroom, cause handyman warned me with the shower I had installed being in a bathtub that was right below a wood window that the window would quickly rot out due to the moisture, even with a shower curtain--he was right!

Possibly God is birthing new revelation/sanctification, even honor, into the scenario of the single-parent family into the church? And wants to use me?

This is a calling I have resisted, because it was so painful for my family and it is always hard to minister grace or educate folks in an area that was so personally painful, harder even to try to advocate for your own when you are in the midst of a lot of trouble. What affected me ended up affecting my children, even though I tried hard to prevent that and in our early years truly felt my hard work would be successful, cause it did look like that early on.

I was certainly given the impression by the churches I had encountered that my family was "different," and that they did not know what to do with us, so they did nothing, which one lady pastor confessed to me later. Another pastor asked me if my children all had the same father. So I've had multiple strange encounters with ministries that I would describe like visiting the ER in critical condition and having the ER docs look at you and ask you--what do you want us to do with you?! I was speechless at the time due to the state I and my fam were in, but I do have lots of thoughts today after passing through these waters.

Seems to me the man's changed appearance is a good thing, although I cannot put my finger on it exactly.

Wish I had a name for this baby or something more to go on...

Looks like I am headed into the land of single parenthood in my older age, in a different sort of way.
"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven."
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Hello Peggyo, this is not Spirit led but some thoughts. Toss out what does not fit.
It looks like you are about to give birth to a revelation and you are going higher in the Spirit. It looks like you may second guess yourself with this new gift or task.

The colors represent those of the anointing, Christ’s passion and blood, honor, and love. In other words, God’ s Spirit is all over and He is making a major move in your life.

I believe the carpenter is Jesus. It looks that you may think that you are too old to handle this. You also seem to value your friends opinion of you.

The window installation speaks of wisdom and understanding. God gives this gift in great abundance for no cost; hence, the free window installation. The original price of $145 means testimony, law, and responsibility. As a side note, oftentimes when I ask Him for more wisdom, I find myself searching for the answers on the Bible and meditating. Although, wisdom is freely given in abundance, to maintain it there is a level of responsibility of maintaining it, so it does not go unused. Also, with wisdom you must carefully abide by His words and decrees = laws.

I hopes this helps and God Bless!!!