Too Fat?

Archives for 2011
Diamond Member

Too Fat?

Post by Newbie »

Norman = north man
Norman’s last name means = one who lives by the hill or barrow
Dina = judged
Background information: the couple in my dream I have not seen in about 12 years. We lost contact because of relocating and parted on good terms. We worked with each other and had an overall ok relationship. Because the guy and I are military affiliated, we call each other by our last names.

Dream:
I am at Norman and Dina's house. It appears that I would sleepover at night on their couch.
I am in the bathroom taking a shower. The bathroom is my bathroom IRL; however, the house is not mines but theirs. The house is on a cul-de-sac by a wooded area and the last house there.
As I am taking my shower, Norman comes in and tells me he is happy to see me and I look nice.
He tells me that I cannot sleep there tonight (I forgot the reason he gave). I am nude in front of him and do not seem a bit concerned (IRL this is contrary to my personality and demeanor).
He fondles me and becomes intimate with me. He lets me take my shower alone. As I am getting ready to leave his house, his wife is standing there with there soon. She seemed oblivious to what happened in the bathroom. She is smiling and she is dress in her bathrobe. She stated that she had to get their son up so he can get the trash out of the basement (their son is a lot younger maybe about 5 years old, he is a teen now). Norman walks me outside (WHAT STUCK OUT TO ME WAS THAT IT WAS MORNING TIME AND NOT NIGHTIME). He drives me home (I assume) and we are driving on a dirt road, we see some kids and he honks at them. While I am sitting there, I forgot about my husband and how this could hurt him. I began to repent. Then I realized that I was dreaming and this is not real because I am not attracted to Norman. I realized I am too fat for him; I had a vision within this dream of me being fat. (IRL Norman is attracted to skinny girls without curves).
The dream shifts and I am with my children and I began to wonder should I go to Norman and Dina’s house. I contemplated stopping by but thought I should call them first; however, I did not have their phone number. Then I said to myself, I can’t go anyway because I might be too fat. EOD

Note:
I awoke confused and what is throwing me off is dreaming within a dream and having a vision within a dream. I am curious to hear from others. Thanks in advance! God Bless.
cbutler
Diamond Member

Post by cbutler »

Hi Newbie....

I was just wondering if you and Norman have a character trait in common - the fondling/intimacy, that you would like to change about yourself? Hence- leaving his house. That would explain taking the trash out and showering. It may be something that has just been revealed to you. Hence the morning and seeing yourself as too fat?

I hope this help you figure this out . If it doesn't I apologize.
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Hello CB, I am not to sure. We do love our children and spouses and we have that in common. IRL I am not fat, and Norman likes extremly skinny women. What is throwing me off, is to have both him and his wife in my dream. I have not had any kind of contact with this couple in over 12 years. Additionally, when I have a rare "intimate" dream, it is often a message in regards to spiritual adultery. I do have a vice like Norman, but it is more of a stronghold than it is adultery: we both smoke cigerettes. Yes, I know this is not good but I am very much addicted to them. This is one of several things I would like to change about myself.
Thanks again for your response and your time. God Bless!
Bella

Post by Bella »

Hi Newbie,

This is not about your dream - just about your comment.

In my opinion, thinking of cigarettes as a vice is worse that smoking them. God tried to show me this for quite a while before I actually 'got it'.

The truth is you're free, and while you're focussed on you're addiction, you're not walking in your freedom.

Just a thought...
Bless you.
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Bella wrote:Hi Newbie,

In my opinion, thinking of cigarettes as a vice is worse that smoking them. God tried to show me this for quite a while before I actually 'got it'.

The truth is you're free, and while you're focussed on you're addiction, you're not walking in your freedom.

Just a thought...
Bless you.
Thank you Bella, in regards to my statement of "vice", I meant this in regards to a "stronghold". I know that I should not be doing it and I know that I am free; however, I want to quit yet I do not want to. Does this make sense? It seems like when I make an attepmt to quit, via patches, praying, etc... The urge is even stronger = strongman. I cannot put my thoughts in words right now. It seems like all else is lined up and being worked on but this problem of mine. Thanks again for your post, it was very endearing and touching. God Bless!!!
Bella

Post by Bella »

Hi again,

I don't think anyone here will stone me for saying this (just joking guys), you might as well enjoy smoking. You'll be able to give up at some point and it won't be a drama.

Joseph Prince talks, in his daily devotional, about a guy in his church that struggled with smoking. He was able to give up (had tried and tried previously) when he just thanked God for his righteousness in Christ, over and over. Then one day was free of it.

Not by might, not by power, but by My Spirit, says the Lord.

Stay free!
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Thanks Bella, that was very powerful and uplifting. God Bless! 8)
cbutler
Diamond Member

Post by cbutler »

Morning Newbie....

I believe that this will help. The Lord is showing you a parallel. Your life in the military is similar to how things operate in the spiritual world.

In the military you are trained to follow orders. You learn to over ride your body. Example-Your body likes to sleep until 9am. In the military your mind has to override what your body wants to do and get up at 5am.

In the military your mind is trained to override your body and is also taught to follow orders. You may not like the orders that come down from an unknown or unseen force but you follow them. You embrace them. You accept them because you know that if you do not follow these orders there is a price to pay.

You understand this?
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Thanks again CB, it does and He has given me dreams in which I am dressed in BDU's and I am a soldier. So this does make sense and a month ago He showed me getting "promoted" in a cermony like they do in the Army. When I used to get these dreams, I would be stumped, because I have been out since 99 and because of 911, I would think that I would be called back in because of the stop loss. However, I have come to known it to be more spiritual than natural. Thanks once agin to both you and Bella for your responses. God Bless!!!
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Hello I just had another thought on this dream as well. Often times my dreams is multilayered. Norman did wanted to be with me because he prefers his women lean; his wife IRL, after gaining weight, is still lean. In the dream, I made mention that I am too fat for him; yet in the dream, I was my actual size. In looking at this, Norman represents a leader of a church, that is "lean". According to Webster's dictionary, lean means: Wanting fullness, richness, sufficiency, or productiveness; deficient in quality or contents; slender; scant; barren; bare; mean; wanting flesh; destitute of or deficient in fat; not plump; meager; thin; lank; as, a lean body; a lean cattle.

In the dream, although I wasn't fat physically, spiritually I am. Fat in a positive light means abundance, richness, choice selection, fertile and productive. My husband in this dream was Jesus and I am His bride. As Jesus bride I am "fat", if I would to remain with Norman, then I had to become "lean" to please him or become "fleshy". Thanks again to all, because your thoughts also applies as well. God Bless
His_handmaiden
Bronze Member

Hi, Newbie

Post by His_handmaiden »

I just wanted to add to what he others are saying, for "of the multitude of counselors, there is safety." I would like to say I appreciate your honesty:"I know I am free. I want to quit but then again, I don't" I think we in the Body are increasingly becoming aware of the Lord's ways and thoughts, out of necessity, and, his ways and thoughts are higher than ours. Only man is looking on outward appearances, God/Yahweh looks upon the heart. You have liberty in Christ. You are His. Holy Spirit is your guide and teacher. I tell everyone, "I am not perfect, trust me when the Lord gets me there He will not leave me down here to mess it up, we are on the same road, running the same race. We each have to listen to the heart of the Lord for ourselves. We are given two things to judge by, "fruit" and "love." 443 posts shows you are showing some fruit-bearing here at Tehillah, much more than belies your name, "Newbie." :D And, your love is the only reason you could possibly stay connected to God's people. I struggled with cigarettes and was delivered 3 times until finally i "laid them down" in liberty. No more deliverance required, and, I continued to crave them for quite some time, but I chose to lay them down. Joyce Meyers tells of her struggle with cigarettes. Trust me, many Christians that love the Lord with all their hearts have and are doing much more, but again their God is dealing with them in His time in His way. You will be able to share your testimony and liberty with many others. What a blessing all the love that came up out of everyone when you shared. This is triumph! May the Lord bless all. Thanks, for your sharing.
We are in the last "laps" of the race, be careful how you run it.