Church sanctuary- dance lessons

Archives for 2008
Blessings
Platinum Member

Church sanctuary- dance lessons

Post by Blessings »

I had the sense that I had one very long dream last night. However I only remember a small portion of it. I was with a teenaged girl. She seemed like my daughter but wasn't. It was if she remained the same person but had a different face every time I looked at her. Does that make any sense?

Anyway, this young girl told me that she needed to fix her hair. We needed to get to church but I waited for her. She came out with what I think are called hair extensions. It seemed as if some of her hair was a light purple. It didn't look outrageous to me. But she seemed concerned about what her mother would think.

We arrived at church a bit late. I realized too that the door we would enter was at the front of the sanctuary. I knew that everyone would notice us walk in. But when I opened the door it resembled more of a gymnasium rather than a church sanctuary. All the pews were missing. There were mats on the floor (like those used in gymnastics) and the people were practicing dancing. They seemded to be having great fun. So the teenager grabbed my hand and we started dancing to. The pastor seemed to be the dance instructor. I seem to remember him calling me up to teach some steps. But I said I didn't know any. Which is so true in real life LOL. :lol:
Truth Seeker
Diamond Member

Post by Truth Seeker »

Blessings,

what is ringing in my spirit is God wanting to take your praise to another level. There's several expressions of Praise and dance is one of them.

Psalms 149:3 Let them praise his name with dancing and make music to him with tambourine and harp. Psalms 150 is also about praising God.

God inhabits the praises of his people. I believe that the chruch you were looking at was your self because as believers we are the church and the physical building.
When you realized that you were in a gym which I believe is representation of the public. God wants his praise to be known to the world (public) not just confined to a building (church). It's time for the saints of God to praise God everywhere.

The young girl may represent a youthful praise, we the church are the bride of our our Lord and Saviour JESUS Christ.

You also stated that your pastor wanted you to teach some steps but you didn't know any. Praise is something that's on the inside you and the pastor may represent the Lord wanting you to step up your praise by example so others may take notice.

Praise is a beautiful thing.

Please take what I'm saying in to consideration and ask God about what has been said.
Truth Seeker
Blessings
Platinum Member

Post by Blessings »

Thank you Truth Seeker. You could be right. Ill lift that one up to the Lord. What I didn't mention was that the church building in my dream was one that I was familiar with but not the one I am member of. Also everything looked the same except the missing pews and the mats. Services there are very traditional. Our fellowship actually meets in a building that is rather all purpose. We do take church outside of it's walls into the public very much so. Actually our church hardly can be counted inside walls because it consists of numerous house groups. So I wondered if anyone thought it may be a vision for that particular church. In reality I believe it is losing it's youth. Any thoughts on that?
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

Hi there Blessings...

Just a few thoughts...If you don't bear witness feel free to discard and move foreward...love you.

I was also thinking this dream was about praise but also about "training"..."building your muscles" in the praise...Because Praise is our most awesome weapon in warfare it would be proper to train ourselves or condition ourselves in it...(the gym)...

I felt that the girl is an aspect of you. I felt that the Lord was showing you that He wants to condition you to praise Him like a youth....You know how they are soooo care free and into their own style ect...?? I feel like Truth said that maybe the Lord is calling you into a deeper revelation of Praise and Worship...it could be for warfare or something else that He wants you to condition yourself in this...

The way she kept changing also spoke to me of a change that the Lord may be getting ready to do in you...As you walk through this new door of Praise and Worship you won't be able to recognize yourself...because You will be changing into HIS image more and more...The extensions also spoke to me...Extensions of His glory and royalty...Purple can mean royalty, majesty, ect...
She worried about what her mother would think...I think this may be a forewarning that where the Lord wants to take you in this worship and praise there may be times when you begin to wonder what people think...because you weren't this deep before...but I feel that the Lord would have you to just continue in HIM...conditioning yourself in prayer, praise, and worship...

In the bible David danced before the Lord...And this was a form of worship, and warfare...I know that the Lord is taking us into a season of Worship and Praise like we haven't seen...and I believe that that is what He is showing you...It will be something that you have never done to this "extent" and you may wonder how you look or hear others questioning on the time you are spending conditioning...but the Lord is your teacher...and he will show you all the steps to take and how to take them...And it will result in YOU teaching the ones around you...like a domino effect...You may feel unqualified but the anointing upon you will draw many into this ....

Again, take this to the Lord...this may not be like you seen in the natural where you are dancing in front of others or out in the public worshipping...but rather a new level of conditioning in this area...more time spent which may lead to dancing before the Lord or intense Worship that will draw those around you...It could even be in the home groups you are in...

lots of Love..
WFH
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Blessings
Platinum Member

Post by Blessings »

WOW, WFH and TS. You both are saying the same thing. I really need to seek the Lord on this one. Praise God, I want to go to new levels with him. Hallelujah.
Truth Seeker
Diamond Member

Post by Truth Seeker »

WOW, you surely bruise the head of the serpant with praise being warefare. Blessings, praise is a weapon without a doubt. Praise will back the enemy off of you so quick even you will be suprised.

Praise will not only back the devil up off you but will free others around you as well. I'm pretty sure WOW will agree when I say saturate your self with knowledge concerning praise and as you apply that knowledge you will gain understanding.

WOW is also right about exerising in your real life because true praise can wear you out physically. I believe the better shape your in physically the more intense your praise will become. True there's different forms of Praising God according to the scriptures for example there' s the clapping of the hands, there's the stomping of the feet, turning around and jumping (all this is bible based) so when you put all these forms of praise together especially with other praisers it can be very demanding on the body.

Sorry for taking so much time about praise but God demands that we praise Him with our entire being. My bishop and pastor declared that this year is the year of the praiser, so I see it not strange that you've received this type of dream.

God bless you Blessing and WaitingforHim may his praises continually be your mouth.
Truth Seeker
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

Bless you both...and yes it certainly can be physical...but yet I was seeing the spiritual side of conditioning...seeing the physical part in the dream as being symbolic of spiritual training...building spiritual muscles...Just like in the natural if you do anything enough it gets easier...so in the spiritual ..when you have practiced anything it comes alot smoother and becomes part of your life...your not so uncomfortable doing it and feel more like its routine...I know with me I have gotten out of building those muscles in the past and not even realized it because I would praise him in church and such...but I realized how if you get out of the gym so to speak during the week it can really throw you off...lol..After getting back in the swing I really did see a difference in my life and lives of others around me...

Bless you all..
WFH
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.