Balance with dreams

Archives for 2011
RoadLessTraveled
Gold Member

Balance with dreams

Post by RoadLessTraveled »

I haven't posted on this site in ages. But occasionally I get on to read the posts. I just wanted to say that I see alot of people posting EVERY dream that have expecting they are all from God or have some deeper meaning. Not all dreams are from God, some are just our subconcious. I think we can really get into kind of a self-centered frame of mind when we think that we are so super spiritual that God is speaking to us every single night...Really, people. I love you all but I think you need to find some balance. If every dream Daniel had was from God, the book of Daniel would be as thick as the Bible itself. It's time to discern what is from God and what isn't and try not to be so attention seeking when it comes to posting EVERY single one of your dreams on this site.
bjcollin
Site Owner

Re: Balance with dreams

Post by bjcollin »

Thank you for the reminder.... And this wasn't posted by an admin first! I agree, many times I have posted teachings in other parts here on the board that say 95%+ of our dreams are just normal everyday subconsious dreams where our brain is working out the daily affairs of life. It is the remaining 5% that either come from the enemy or come from the Lord and that we need discernment on. It is the intrepretation of those few dreams that come from the Lord that this site is mainly geared toward and we need to focus more on.

As an admin I am not saying that we shouldn't post our dreams when we have them as this is an open board and it is free for all to do so... I just sometimes agree that there is a balance required and I love to see and intrepret the Lord's dreams. I especially have a bent toward the dreams of children and of pastors and other church workers. I myself take the personal approach of posting only the strongest dreams that I know are from the Lord and that I need some help on which averages about 1 a month for me. I then turn around and try to give back to our little community and I try to allow the Lord to speak to me on at least 1-2 of the dreams per day that He selects for me to comment on. I do not by any means read everything or reply to everything as I could spend mucho hours on here doing that and not get anything else done.
RoadLessTraveled wrote:I haven't posted on this site in ages. But occasionally I get on to read the posts. I just wanted to say that I see alot of people posting EVERY dream that have expecting they are all from God or have some deeper meaning. Not all dreams are from God, some are just our subconcious. I think we can really get into kind of a self-centered frame of mind when we think that we are so super spiritual that God is speaking to us every single night...Really, people. I love you all but I think you need to find some balance. If every dream Daniel had was from God, the book of Daniel would be as thick as the Bible itself. It's time to discern what is from God and what isn't and try not to be so attention seeking when it comes to posting EVERY single one of your dreams on this site.
kbasmommy
Diamond Member

Post by kbasmommy »

I also agree. I only post when I am led to, but yes not ALL dreams

are from GOD. I also believe God doesn't want us to totally

depend on others for interpretation, and sometimes the reason

we don't get the interpretation right away is because it is for

another season in our life. In other words, it may not be for you

RIGHT NOW...

thanks for the post :D
ForHisGlory
Gold Member

Post by ForHisGlory »

I think it is a normal part of growing in our understanding of God in our dreams that we hope that He is in every dream!! As I began recognizing God in my dreams, I was very excited to go to bed and hoped to see Him and hear from Him more! I applaud those that are waking each morning searching their dreams for HIM! I think He loves it too. And even if some are posted that are ordinary , it still gives everyone an opportunity to 'practice in a safe environment'. I don't think we would want anyone afraid to post too much, or afraid the dream may be judged as just an ordinary dream.
Blessings,

Mary
RoadLessTraveled
Gold Member

Well, I am glad the diciples didn't sit around all day or for hours at a time discusing their pizza dreams. They went out and actually DID
what is on God's heart.
I think we need to stop being so self focused and get our priorities straight.

:-)
shine
Diamond Member

Post by shine »

Thru the years, I've seen a lot of waves - & it often depends on the leadership at the time. From a sense of fun. . .to too much fun. A ton of edifying & serious speak always intermixed.
And dreams from God - always.
This prophetic dream site is a blessing.

Please remember that God does know us all so deeply and intimately - we are all unique and God would be the one to know to the exact number the times he is responsible for our dreams.

RoadLessTraveled - I thought when I first read your posting that this was delivered with some anger or frustration involved.
I'm getting a sense that this posting will stir up some huge emotions. With how bluntly everything is spelled out.
Is this what you wanted?
Or do you just want people to stop posting dreams. . .as in limit them in some way that is satisfactory to all. So not that many to read when we log on?

I don't want to run the gamet of guesses of your intent. . .maybe you will share further your hopes.
Jesus is the Saviour
jackiebauerle
Platinum Member

Post by jackiebauerle »

I do not come on very often as Iam sure many others do; however, One reason I like this site is the kindness of those who do give of their time. I appreciate that ministry.

In regards to posting of all or some dreams, when I review the list to read....I choose to open them...then I start to read it....I am lead to continue or stop. I reply only on those I feel an impression of encouragement.

When I post a dream....it has a different feel than the other dreams...a message...symbolically stands out...and If I can remember it when I wake with a feeling of it being different then the others, I am glad that I can post it here without regret. After all, it is for me to judge if God is speaking to me...no one else; however, others may have insight by the Spirit of God OF ENCOURAGEMENT.

That is what makes this sight different from the others.
rktheda
Diamond Member

Post by rktheda »

When Jesus heard [it], he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
Mark 2:17

Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.
Mark 10:15

I respectfully disagree with your statement for two reasons. I like this site because those in the body of Christ come from all different levels of faith. They can reveal the deepest of thoughts from their dreams with the EXPECTATION that they are from God. Because the body is of many parts, very often God uses members of this blog to discern what He sends and does not send to help individuals hear his voice more distinctly.
Second, I don't know where you are in your faith, but they are many here that are just beginning and need the encouragement and faith of others to continue walking the path of the Master. Many have come to the faith with the knowledge that they are sick (from sin) and can only be healed by the blood of Christ. Therefore, they come to their Father as children do (as mine do) with all of their hopes, dreams and fears. It is more profitable to speak to God and His people on these matters that to turn them over to a secular psychiatrist or a mind numbing pill. This blog does not supplant prayer nor does it replace developing a deep relationship with God. What it does and should always do is put a human touch on the many triumphs and trials of life in which we all equally share. For your respectful consideration.

Blessings and Peace in the Name of Jesus Christ Amen!
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

I see everyone chiming in here with their 'opinions'. Praying this thread does not devolve into a debate as it is CLEAR DIRECTION FROM HIMSELF. I would hate to be forced to lock it.

That said, when we are called to release a Word from Him, we must *release* it...in every sense of the word. The Word stands alone & requires no defense. The intended recipients will either receive it...or not. That is Holy Spirit's job - not ours. Any attempt to defend an offering is purely flesh and causes more harm than good.

Encouragement comes in many forms. Often it is obvious & leaves us with that warm, fuzzy feeling, like a big hug from Papa, Himself. We all recognize those. Other times, it comes in the form of direction, correction or flat out rebuke. These require discernment accompanied by humility..

The Lord disciplines those He loves!

I would urge you all to re-read the original offering. Is there anger & frustration there? Most certainly. Papa is slow to anger, a God of second chances, BUT He is a jealous God. He will not tolerate indefinitely the *tickling of ears* nor will He encourage us in deception. HE IS TRUTH. selah.

The vision & calling of this ministry is to minister to seers...those who dream dreams & have visions. What that boils down to is teaching others to discern the Voice of The Lord and to hear Him themselves.

Listen, saints ...He is speaking here. Clearly....loudly....bluntly....if the original post offends you, I would strongly urge you to ask Himself to search your heart. Might it be conviction?

Offense is the bait of satan. Think about that before you come back here and share your point of view. It is HIS?

or yours?
discerning

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
Ezekiel 3:17
rktheda
Diamond Member

Post by rktheda »

That is what I am saying. I apologize if my words offend. I am not qualified to say how much is too much and how little is not enough. God uses many methods, including dreams that don't make sense to us to draw us closer to Him. I for one do not know what is meant for me or someone else as the Spirit leads to post for edification, correction, and confirmation.

Blessings and Peace in the name of Jesus Christ
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

rktheda, for the record, your post was not there when I began my reply. I did not see it until after I posted. Going to read it now...

There is no offense/condemnation in Christ Jesus.
discerning

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
Ezekiel 3:17
rktheda
Diamond Member

Post by rktheda »

I am greatly relieved. The last thing I wish to do is offend. I can't speak for others but the help I have received from the Lord thru this blog has been and is positively illuminating.

Blessings and peace to the people of God. Amen.
RoadLessTraveled
Gold Member

I apologize for offending. And yes, I am frustrated.
The gospel, and everything it represents to us was paved in blood. For so many, it cost everything.
As American believers I just think we are really self centered on many different levels.
We sit in the comfort of our homes, coffee in hand, posting a dream about how you were at uncle georges house and he was yelling at you...and thats all you post and there is supposed to be some deeper meaning from God?...
I'm sorry. I really am. Maybe I shouldn't have even posted anything at all to begin with but I feel like, for a gospel that has cost so many, so much....We have cheapened the things of God in our own eyes. How may of you pray BEFORE posting a dream? How many are praying when giving the interpretation? Or are you resorting to vain imaginations?
I love this site and what it represents and I think it needs to come back to the roots of what it was made for. Dreams that really are from God.
And as far as the pizza dreams, like the Uncle George example dream I used above...Take the time you spend posting those dreams, reading and responding to those dreams....And PRAY for the issues that are on Gods heart. The big picture is we live in a broken world. Children are dying, so many are being abused...We should really be focusing on what is on GOD'S HEART.
shine
Diamond Member

Post by shine »

RoadLessTravelled - I really like the sincerity of this post - thanks for following it up.
You make a lot of sense. And I'm sure it is Spirit led as well. Because Christ is in us and he brings these things to our attention.
Jesus is the Saviour
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

I hear you RLT, and I understand your frustration. I had a similar reaction with a brother in Christ this week (not dreams, but another issue). My rant was something about people dying while we split doctrinal hairs.

A person with the gift of wisdom showed up (bless her) and pointed out that not only are we differently gifted, (he is a teacher motivated by a despair over a watered-down Christianity, I am a mercy person who suffers agony over the rejection of stragglers.) In spite of physical age, we are at different maturity levels in our experience of Christ. When I get angry like I was with him, it's often because I recognize something in somebody else that I am frustrated with myself.

Hebrews 6:13For everyone who continues to feed on milk is obviously inexperienced and unskilled in the doctrine of righteousness (of conformity to the divine will in purpose, thought, and action), for he is a mere infant [not able to talk yet]!

14But solid food is for full-grown men, for those whose senses and mental faculties are trained by practice to discriminate and distinguish between what is morally good and noble and what is evil and contrary either to divine or human law.

Now I am one of those people who loves babies. I love to watch them learn. To me kids are fascinating. There is a difference between those who are young due to lack of training and experience and those who are immature because they still want to be spoon-fed.

I am extremely grateful for the patient nurturing offered by many kind people here. I knew nothing of dreams and interpretation when I first came here. I probably posted every time I rolled over a cracker crumb, wondering if it was significant. I'm learning -by practise- what is significant and what is not. It helps to honour the gift of wisdom in some and discernment in others, for example, to learn how to identify what to pay attention to and what to let go of. Be patient with the young. Inspire the more mature to push higher, love always --and drop in more often. We miss your input.
...that I might know Him...