Acquaintance needs deliverance

Archives for 2012
Elle

Acquaintance needs deliverance

Post by Elle »

I had a series of bright colourful dreams this morning.

One of them was about 'M'.

M, myself and my father were sitting at the dining table and chairs we have on our back balcony.

IRL M is a counsellor, and I believe a very good one. He runs counselling workshops in the areas of domestic violence (that sort of thing) which I've been told are excellent.

He wanted to talk to me. I could see that he was all sweaty, his hair was messed up, his face was flushed, he just didn't look good, he was agitated. It was hard to speak because my father was there and we had to watch what we were saying. As M spoke, I discerned that there were 8 or 9 demons that needed to be cast out.

My father got up from the table and walked away, so I quickly took the opportunity to try to say something to M. I was trying to carefully word it so he wouldn't be offended, but I managed to get it out that I thought he needed deliverance and could I pray for him right now?

I was aware that it could be 'dangerous' for him because the demons were particularly nasty and I wanted to do it in a way that would be swift and painless for him. He was relieved and wanted it done.

But then my father came back to the table.

EOD.

It's a strange dream and I'm not sure what to make of it!
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Hello Elle, I believe this dream is hed on and call to do intercession for your friend. It appears that he may have several unclean spirits/demons on him.
Elle

Post by Elle »

Hi Newbie,

That's the part that was confusing. IRL I don't get that feeling about him. I know he had issues in the past which he's quite open about, but he seems to be doing well now.

But in the dream, I thought these demons had just been a recent thing rather than something that's been there a while.

I actually wondered if this dream was symbolic of something though, rather than literal? And if it's symbolic, what would '8 or 9' represent?
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

8 symbolize new beginnings and resurrection. The number 9 is symbolic of fruit of the spirit or finality and judgment. Nine is the last of the digits, and thus marks the end; and is significant of the conclusion of a matter.
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Elle wrote:Hi Newbie,

That's the part that was confusing. IRL I don't get that feeling about him. I know he had issues in the past which he's quite open about, but he seems to be doing well now.

But in the dream, I thought these demons had just been a recent thing rather than something that's been there a while.

I actually wondered if this dream was symbolic of something though, rather than literal? And if it's symbolic, what would '8 or 9' represent?
Hello Elle, when it comes to the enemy and his ploys, he can be very persistent. Although, the Lord had won the victory for us; however, we should never underestimate the enemy. I am here to tell you, based off my experiences, that even with the most mature believer, if we let down our guard the enemy will have us fooled. Acts 16:16-18, comes to mind:
16 And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:
17 The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.
18 And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour

I have seen this first hand, in which a mature Christian is fooled. For example, in my former church, there was a member in which I felt something was amiss. At first, I thought both my husband and I was being too critical and we both shook it off; however, we could not shake off the feeling. I started noticing things about this person and ask the Lord to give me a confirmation. He did several times; albeit, symbolically. When I got the confirmation, I was left scratching my head as to why, others did not catch on to this, especially those with gifting. Additionally, I wandered was it plausible to praise God yet be used by the enemy. I got my answer from a dream posted by another member here and the above passage.

Forgive me for going off on an tangent and rambling on. Did you ask Him for more revelation over this?
Elle

Post by Elle »

No, I haven't specifically prayed about it, because I've just sort of been pondering it. Moreso because I'm really leaning towards it being symbolic rather than literal.