PITBULL

Archives for 2012
hollywood
Silver Member

PITBULL

Post by hollywood »

I dreamed that a black and white pitbull bit me in the butt!!
Then, I had another dream that I was sitting on a couch and the pitbull was contemplating bitting me in the face. He did not bite me in the face but I could tell by his actions he wanted to do it.
aprilbrownlebron

pitbull dream

Post by aprilbrownlebron »

I don't consider myself a dream interpretator but what little insight I do have I try to share. It can mean that your spirit may be low my suggestion would be to spend a little more time praying and you will be victorious in dreams where there might be a threat. You will notice that a threat will either not see you or you will take authority over it in the dream and it will flee.

I had many dreams where a dog or cat bit my hand and when I boosted my prayers I no longer had the problem.
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

Aloha hollywood--don't know how you felt in the dream--maybe to be on guard? My first thoughts were of "backbiting" when the pit bull bit you on the bum and maybe this same attacking force would try to come and attack you face-to-face? Wondering if this is maybe a warning to be careful...God give you wisdom in all your choices. Shalom!
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
hollywood
Silver Member

Post by hollywood »

I thought that a dog represented an unclean spirit but I am not sure???
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Hello Hollywood that is one of several possible meanings. When I originally saw your post I was thinking along the lines with Keilani. I thought it was dissension or strife that is coming at you unawares and then confront. Sometimes biting dogs can mean disaccord or disagreement. These are thoughts toss if miss the mark.
Realisticdreamz
Diamond Member

Post by Realisticdreamz »

Hi Hollywood,

I agree with the comments. But wanted to add it also reminds me of something coming back to "bite in the butt." The meaning behind it is some actions or words of regret coming back and to the fore.

A bulldog reminds me of something stubborn "bullheadedness"... like the statement, stubborn as a bulldog. They do not like to let go of things and are known for hanging on to things.

Could this be a warning of being stubborn of something that can come back and have consequences and/or be hard to overcome due to hanging on to it?

Perhaps the fact that the bulldog "thought about" biting you in the face [having to face it] but didn't provides an opportunity to keep something coming [back to bite you in the butt], forcing it to be dealt with in the future, due to action[s] and/or stubbornness?

Was there more to the dream, something you have been praying about, or something the Lord has been bringing to your attention lately?

I hope this helps and may God lead you in His wisdom to bring great blessings out of this situation. :)
With love in Christ,
Annette

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21
Are we conforming into the image of Christ; or trying to conform His image into ours?
Jehu
Diamond Member

Post by Jehu »

I believe this represents a religious spirit in operation against you. The apostle Paul referred to those who taught circumcision(those who didn't accept the sacrifice) as dogs (Phil 3). The Pit Bull is black and white. Black and white thinking represents a judgmental legalistic attitude. It bit you in the butt. This represents an issue of disqualification perhaps something said behind your back. It biting your face would mean it would try to deface you ard cause you to loose face by a public confrontation. You should see this coming. God loves you and his gifts and calls are without repentance. This spirit would try to get you and others to disqualify you. Stand for his grace.
"For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee."
Realisticdreamz
Diamond Member

Post by Realisticdreamz »

hollywood wrote:I thought that a dog represented an unclean spirit but I am not sure???
Hi again Hollywood,

For some reason, I did not see your question earlier. I thought of your dream, read your comment and wanted to share further in hopes to help.

The Lord communicates with us in ways we understand and speaks to people differently. Symbols are looked at in their context also; not just by the book. By example, to an animal lover, animals would rarely be a symbol of negativity. To someone who does not like animals, they would be more likely a negative symbol. Often I think He may communicate a character of an animal to help us understand a message and sometimes that characters represents a situation or someone around us.

For me, an elephant [the largest land animal] meant an earthquake. A kangaroo in a dream was about a child custody case involving someone I know [kangaroo court]. In dreams about dogs; sometimes I have saved them and once, a dog I had in the past who I loved, came to my rescue. Another dream 2 large shepherds came at me from one angle while another large shepherd dog came at me from another direction when I heard "don't run, no fear." Shortly afterwards a situation involving three people; two against one happened and they all came to me from difficult angles [with anger amongst themselves]. I was placed in a position to help resolve and stop a negative situation between them. Even a snake in one dream was a situation when in the dream I saw the shedding of skin and then a large snake which I believe meant a problem with someone that had grown large. Though, snakes are often deceit and lies with negative connotations, but they can also represent situations and/or problems with others.

Therefore, sometimes the Lord uses the characters of animals to make a point. And, since the Word says that not even a sparrow falls outside of His Will [Matthew 10:29]; I could hardly look at all animals, including dogs, in a negative way. Even the little dogs get crumbs from the master's table, said of a lady the Lord said had great faith [Matthew 15:25-28].

So the point is how does the animal, type and/or character speak to you? Does it remind you of someone in your life or a situation in your life? :)

Though the dream could be about backbiting, simply someone talking about someone behind their back is not something necessarily that we should concern ourselves with... that just is going to happen on occasion. But if the Lord was bringing to your attention that someone was backbiting, then there would have to be a reason - not simply just to bring an evil to your attention unless there was a reason for it. Jesus did not concern Himself such things unless there was a purpose in dealing with it... as we are to be conformed to His image and guard our hearts with all diligence... because out of it flows the issues of life.

Of course, take it to the Lord in prayer and discard what does not fit.

I hope this helps. May God bless you and your family; giving you wisdom and knowledge in the situation.
With love in Christ,
Annette

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21
Are we conforming into the image of Christ; or trying to conform His image into ours?