Fake Wood Flooring

Archives for 2012
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Fake Wood Flooring

Post by TexasTransplant »

Dreamed I was standing in an old office building of some sort, kind of on the run-down side of town somewhere. I was inside with a friend from church, Christina, and her little girl. She was showing me a sample board of different planks of wood flooring. It wasn't real hard wood, but laminate, made to look like hard wood flooring.

IRL, I have this type in my house now and Christina and her husband are co-leaders with us in a small group for couples at church. They are a young couple, early 20s, and have grown so much closer to the Lord over the last year. Very nice girl.

I chose a sample from the board and started explaining why I like it the best. It was the thickest, closest to real wood, wide planks, and I liked the rich, dark color of it. She said ok, and showed me a thinner, almost cardboard sample to see if I liked it instead. I did not. My husband came down the hallway and peeked inside the door and I showed him what I picked out. EOD

Also, it was almost as though she were training me about this flooring. Like I would be selling it while she was away.
You didn't choose me, I chose you.-John 15:16
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Hello TT, I believe the flooring maybe in regards to foundations. Christine maybe symbolic of a spiritual influence that is nice but perhaps inexperienced. I view her actions a's trying to "sell" you on her point;however, you have more maturity and know the difference in foundations. Does this make sense? Toss if it does not!
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

It DOES make sense. This is interesting. IRL, she's never really brought up anything theological to me. We do this small group thing together, and she is great at answering the outlined questions from our study and being really honest about her walk and where she is. She usually gets the group started with the conversation by opening up first. I'm thankful for her! But she hasn't brought up the material or anything really to me outside this context. Maybe she wishes we'd stay more 'surface' with things...? Maybe she represents the group as a whole. Many of those in the group attend church regularly, but are either just now beginning a relationship with the Lord, or they are still not sure. It saddens me because they think they already have one but say things like this, "I'm not sure I want what God wants for my life. I'd rather do my own thing. I don't want him to send me to Africa or anything." My husband and I almost always spend the duration of the group time giving examples and testimony about WHY you'd want the Holy Spirit and God to control your life. Why it's better. How great it feels. (Group's studying Francis Chan's book 'Forgotten God' right now about the Holy Spirit.) I've had the thought in the middle of sharing before that they all wish we'd keep it all...easy...and stop demanding more or something like that. I bet that's what this dream means. Thanks for leading me there Newbie!! I thought the wood planks were people and I was totally lost about that :). Now the question is: Is God moving us on to someplace where we're not the only ones in the room that kind of get it, or does He want us to stay put. We REALLLLY want to move on to new things, but I don't know....I'm still getting mixed signals like it's not quite time yet. Thanks for helping me with this one! I know how to pray better about it all now.
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Hello TT, the wood planks spoke to me as foundation because it was for floors and of course this is what we walk on. Your choice is more sturdy and reliable while the young woman's choice is not. This verse comes to mind, 1 Corinthians 3:12-15, 12Anyone who builds on that foundation may use a variety of materials—gold, silver, jewels, wood, hay, or straw. 13But on the judgment day, fire will reveal what kind of work each builder has done. The fire will show if a person’s work has any value. 14If the work survives, that builder will receive a reward. 15But if the work is burned up, the builder will suffer great loss. The builder will be saved, but like someone barely escaping through a wall of flames.
To me in regards to your choice of laminated wood, what comes to me is the lamination not the wood.Lamination is a reinforcement to make something sturdy. So your action and choice is that of of reinforcing. To reinforce means: the strengthening of a conditioned response by such means. So you are the strength of this group and I believe Father is telling you npt to compromise but keep on. I believe this dream ties in wit your dream of the adopted baby. Sometimes you may get frustrated and sometimes you may use what you know. But remember certain things for one season may not be used for operation in another. So the Kmart dream may apply to this as well. So I believe this group may be an area in which He takes you out of your comfort zone. So continue on teaching, "Teacher". This adopted baby is something wonderful in the making. As usual some thoughts for your discernment.
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

UPDATE: Christina stopped by the preschool where I was helping yesterday at church to tell me she needed to talk to me. She's NEVER done that before so this immediately got my attention because of the dream. She wanted to know what I thought about letting our group take a 'spiritual gifts' test this week while we're in between studies. She said she'd already talked to the group about it and the couple in charge of groups about it and they all wanted to. I'm fine with it, I've taken one before, Im just not sure about it for our particular group. I don't think it's something that is black/white that can be figured out on paper only. I don't know, just thought I'd share and see how others felt about this in regards to my dream :).
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Hello TT I heard of this before and have not taken one. But I would be Leary simply because what purpose does it serves. How can man validate gifts via a test? S o I see this a's a parallel to your dream. The test or flooring is paper thin or holds no weight vs that of your choice
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Thanks Newbie, I agree with that. I see it, and I've noticed it in this group, as trying to figure things out without communicating with the Lord. It seems to be avoided at all costs amongst some of them. I've got some praying to do about this, I know :).
imavessel
Diamond Member

Post by imavessel »

Perhaps, you are more discerning than she, and at this time--- she wants a lighter or sooner version of what should take place in this group.

You being more discerning wanted the stronger foundation and even when she tried to "coax" into the lighter (probably less costly) version, . . . . you did not budge.

And you sought the "Head of your household" on the matter, where her hubby was never pictured or she talking to him . . .

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????