Black Widows

Archives for 2012
dbliss22
Platinum Member

Black Widows

Post by dbliss22 »

I was on my old college baseball team. We came in from a game and the assistant coach was scolding us. As we were walking into the locker room, the assistant coach and the head coach were setting up to take pictures of themselves.

I jokingly threw a baseball at one of my teammates who had on shin guards, and it ricocheted off his shin guard and went perfectly between some lockers. I said "you gotta be kidding me" and laughed. The ball was stuck among a bunch of other balls and there were some spider webs.

I reached in and pulled the ball out, but a globe-shaped web stuck to my hand. It had 4 tiny black widow spiders in it. I started trying frantically to pull the web off but couldn't get the spiders out. They started getting agitated. I found a way to stretch the web to get them out one by one, and got two out that way. Then I felt one bite me on the tip of my left index finger. I got it out of the web, but then I felt another bite in the same spot - the other spider had bit me.

I finally get all the spiders off and look down to see a little bit of blood on the finger that was bitten. I started asking people what to do since I had been bitten.
Psalms 144:1
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

I was on my old college baseball team. You are suiting up to do battle.
We came in from a game and the assistant coach was scolding us. this spoke as a rebuke because of performance on the battlefield
As we were walking into the locker room, the assistant coach and the head coach were setting up to take pictures of themselves. I believe the coach and assistant coach may be two-thirds of the Trinity and I believe the significance of the picture taking is bringing them to mind. Perhaps what some would call a “What would Jesus do?” moment in the handling of a situation.
I jokingly threw a baseball at one of my teammates who had on shin guards, and it ricocheted off his shin guard and went perfectly between some lockers. I said "you gotta be kidding me" and laughed. The ball was stuck among a bunch of other balls and there were some spider webs.
I view this as situation something that goes from being lighthearted to serious in a short period of time. The ball may be a representation of you or someone who is close to you. When a ball is thrown it goes back and forward. So this may be someone who is tossed to and fro by the enemy. Additionally, this spoke as a time of confusion or may be take on one too many things. Because balls are tossed about easily, this may represent the enemy easily buffeting and causing the individual not being secure in their position with Christ.
I reached in and pulled the ball out, but a globe-shaped web stuck to my hand. It had 4 tiny black widow spiders in it. I started trying frantically to pull the web off but couldn't get the spiders out. They started getting agitated. I found a way to stretch the web to get them out one by one, and got two out that way. Then I felt one bite me on the tip of my left index finger. I got it out of the web, but then I felt another bite in the same spot - the other spider had bit me. I finally get all the spiders off and look down to see a little bit of blood on the finger that was bitten. I started asking people what to do since I had been bitten.
The spiders spoke as a demonic network but it may represent other things. I noticed you stuck your hand in to retrieve the ball and this spoke to me as you are trying to take back legal ground. It was not your intent for the ball to land in the area but it did. So now you are trying to get back the thing that belongs to you. However, you get entangled in the web, which spoke to me as being deceived. You got rid of 2 spiders but there were two left without any trouble; however, the last two bit you. The index finger can symbolize the prophetic, so to me this look like a spiritual attack on your discernment; hence the feeling of confusion. The biting is meant to cause pain and death (black widows are poisonous). The blood spoke as a symbol of wounding. It appears you are seeking guidance because you was twice bitten (this may symbolize you being attacked twice, not sure though). As usual toss if miss the mark.
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

Hi dbliss...this dream makes me wonder if you are still locked into a game (which could represent itself literally as baseball if you still play alot or it could represent a set of behaviours/habits, ways of scoring in life in general) which began in the past and which you need to move on from in order to move ahead in the right direction?

I saw the coaches photo shoot as a symbol of the facade/false image of that game and the 4 black widows in the globe web (?world wide web...internet?) the worldly and hidden (deceiving) dangers inherent in pursuing this game (whatever it represents) compulsively.

May His Spirit which rightly divides truth illumine.

1 Timothy 2 Dealing With False Teachers

14 Keep reminding God’s people of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen. 15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. 16 Avoid godless chatter, because those who indulge in it will become more and more ungodly. 17 Their teaching will spread like gangrene. Among them are Hymenaeus and Philetus, 18 who have departed from the truth. They say that the resurrection has already taken place, and they destroy the faith of some. 19 Nevertheless, God’s solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: “The Lord knows those who are his,” and, “Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness.”

20 In a large house there are articles not only of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay; some are for special purposes and some for common use. 21 Those who cleanse themselves from the latter will be instruments for special purposes, made holy, useful to the Master and prepared to do any good work.

22 Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. 23 Don’t have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. 24 And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. 25 Opponents must be gently instructed, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, 26 and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will.

Ditch the dross.
grace
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3