Stealing my Bible

Archives for 2012
A Warrior's Heart
Diamond Member

Stealing my Bible

Post by A Warrior's Heart »

In the dream, some church brethren came over. I was in the kitchen and the choir director asked me to taste some rice she had made. I was wondering why she came to my house just for me to taste some rice. I tasted it and told her it was good. I asked what she put in it but she wanted to keep it a secret. She wouldn't tell me. Later I got to my room and saw that my Bible was gone. I was pretty angry about that. In the dream I felt as if one of the younger folk came and stole my Bible while I was tasting the rice downstairs. After I realized the Bible was gone, I decided to call the pastor to tell him one of the members stole my Bible. Later my bible was returned to me. I remember feeling as if they wanted to get some insider information on me. IRL I do keep personal past notes and letters hidden in my BIble. Any thoughts about this and what the taking of my Bible could be about
"The grass withers, the flower fades, but the Word of our God stands forever." Is 40:8
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Howdy,

I feel this dream is basically saying that the enemy seeks to distract you and to attempt to steal God's Word from you. Sometimes the enemy uses our fellow Christian brothers and sisters against us for his endeavors, even though they may be well meaning they are unknowing what they are doing sometimes. ( Refs: Mark 4:4, Mark 4:14-15, John 10:10 ) We need to be ones, who no matter what the rest of the folk around us are doing, need to be pressing into God's Word for ourselves. Hope this helps get you started on the dream. God Bless you.

in Christ,
A Warrior's Heart
Diamond Member

That really was confirmation for me especially John 10:10. I felt this had to do with some sort of distraction. I have been having some issues on my job especially today and now I see what this dream was foretelling. God bless you always BJ
"The grass withers, the flower fades, but the Word of our God stands forever." Is 40:8
james garner
Bronze Member

Post by james garner »

Bibles used to be made with rice paper. Could it be that the dream was talking about the need to internalize and devour the word till it becomes part of you? The sense of fear of being exposed could be saying that there are issues of not being able to trust folks because of past hurts and things others have done to you broadcasting your personal business or spreading malicious gossip about you. Perhaps eating the word is going to help you overcome your fear. It is easy to be this way toward the brethren but not really the plan of God for us or the Church. We need people in our lives who we trust with our lives. If you don't know someone like that, be someone like that.
Hope this helps
James & Wendy Garner
A Warrior's Heart
Diamond Member

Hello James and Wendy,

I didn't feel fearful in the dream. It wasn't a feeling of fear of being exposed. It was more of a "I just want want belongs to me back" wanting my personal belongings back (taking of my Bible) The rice was enticing to me, appealing and a distraction. I don't believe it is about church brethren or church but rather colleagues on the job. An issue happened yesterday concerning me on the job and I know now that the dream was telling me what would happen. The bible represented something that was literally stolen from me. Generally speaking, I do believe though that the enemy can use folk around you to get on your nerves or get to you. And I was really feeling this way yesterday after the incident.

What was real interesting about the choir director in the dream was that I wanted to know what was in the rice and she refused to disclose what was in this good tasting rice. The choir director is symbolic of management on my job. The day before I had the dream I was offered a promotion but the terms of it were extremely vague. So I believe they used this to get some inside knowledge concerning me.

I do appreciate your thoughts about my dream.

I know it is not a literal dream because no one could ever steal the Word of God from me. I make it my duty to devour the Word daily but I know that you can never do enough devouring of the Word.