Was this a dream? What does it mean?

Archives for 2012
savyourdvine

Was this a dream? What does it mean?

Post by savyourdvine »

Right before going to sleep, my husband was laying down talking. My eyes were closed and lights were out. Suddenly I found myself seemingly leaving my body. I began to drift upwards. I remember this indescribable peace that was all around me. Then I realized there wasn't any form of pain or discomfort in my entire body. As I continued floating upwards, the whole scene led me to believe I was headed to heaven. So much so I began asking God if He was taking me away from my family and friends to be with Him in heaven. I didn't receive a answer from God. I continued floating upwards at a consistant speed. Again, I asked God if He was taking me to heaven to be with Him. It was as though God said the time is not now, you're not finished yet. And then I awakened or opened my eyes. This part I'm about to say was a little strange.... My husband and I was still talking. As if I never left. I then asked my husband if He was ready for me to leave to go home and be with Jesus
[/quote]
illys
Bronze Member

Post by illys »

That's what is called a vision or an OOBE, out-of-body-experience. They happen when there is something in our food or spirirt effecting the behavior of the pineal gland (day/night regulator and the 'Eye' Jesus mentions: 'If your eye is good, your whole body is filled with light' ).

An experience of floating upwards is not uncommon for folk, it's a little like experiencing a few moments without a physical grounding body.

I'm sure everything is alright, especially with Yahowvah answering you gently, directly. Feel free to ask him to reveal more of His plan for you in the next few days, he often uses dreams and unexpected inspirations while you are going about your daily business, usually when you are alone and call on him in prayer for a chatter. <3
Favorite chapter: 1 Corinthians 13.
"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."
savyourdvine

Post by savyourdvine »

OOBE as I understand is not a good thing. I've known people who has had them and they had very bad experiences. Can they be stopped? Is there a topic on O0BE
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

Shalom savyourdvine--
I then asked my husband if He was ready for me to leave to go home and be with Jesus /
Had some thoughts, but first just had a quick question in regards to your statement above--wondering if you are battling something physically in real life which caused you to ask that?
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
savyourdvine

Post by savyourdvine »

No not at all. Physically I'm fine. It was the experience that prompt me to ask that question and the fact that we've only been married since March of this year. I knew I was in the presence of God. I just wasn't sure I was coming back. I wanted to see what his state of mind was.
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

OOBE as I understand is not a good thing. I've known people who has had them and they had very bad experiences. Can they be stopped? Is there a topic on O0BE
You weren't necessarily having an out of body experience.

God is not limited to 3 dimensions and He's God. He can do anything and communicate with you any way He likes.

Astral projection or astral travel is another thing altogether. That's where the negative comes in. You clearly weren't astral projecting.

That fact that you were communicating with God the whole time and you DIDN'T have a bad experience, AND you were in bed talking to your husband the whole time says to me that God was doing something unique here.

As much as I'd be shaken up if this happened to me, I would approach it this way myself ... ask God to cleanse you of any spiritual influence which shouldn't be there. Personally, I'd be telling Him that I didn't like the experience and ask Him not to do it again 'if You don't mind'. BUT, there are Christians who've had unusual experiences like this and they've loved it and have had a GREAT time. So don't rule it out altogether.

What's coming to mind is something I saw on Sid Roth. A guy and some friends were driving I think through one part of the USA and temporarily found themselves driving on the streets of Canada, then back to the USA. Either that or I've got the countries around the wrong way. Anyway ... God had something good in it.

Just some thoughts for you to ponder.
savyourdvine

Post by savyourdvine »

Crackerjack thank you for your responds.. I've had many spiritual encounters starting as a child. This one was just a little different for me. Usually God is showing or telling me something. I talk very little if at all.
Let me share this, My faith is.. concerning gifts and callings. God give the gifts for His glory. Anyone working it any other way except for His glory is dealing with demonic influence, not the power of God. With that being said I know four people that astral projects. Two of them suffers a lot of demonic attacks, another one often looks as though there is a darkness on her, even her eyes look evil. And the other one invaded my space by coming to my home (out of her body). Of course I rebuked that whole scene and thanked God for revealing that person who was in spiritual error. I said that to say I denounce any spiritual involvement that's not of God! I appreciate illys comment, it certainly help open my eyes to the possibilities of demonic play. I never even thought about a demon having anything to do with that encounter. Not saying that there was demonic play. But it is certainly something I will put before Father.
LadyinChrist
Diamond Member

Post by LadyinChrist »

God give the gifts for His glory.
AMEN!!

The first scripture that came to mind when I read your dream is Isaiah 40:30-31

30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary,
And the young men shall utterly fall,
31 But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.

An added blessing of a commentary by Mathew Henry on these scripture... Hopefully this will help.

Isa. 40:30, 31. Those who trust to their own sufficiency, and are so confident of it that they neither exert themselves to the utmost nor seek unto God for his grace, are the youth and the young men, who are strong, but are apt to think themselves stronger than they are. And they shall faint and be weary, yea, they shall utterly fail in their services, in their conflicts, and under their burdens; they shall soon be made to see the folly of trusting to themselves. But those that wait on the Lord, who make conscience of their duty to him, and by faith rely upon him and commit themselves to his guidance, shall find that God will not fail them. [1.] They shall have grace sufficient for them: They shall renew their strength as their work is renewed, as there is new occasion; they shall be anointed, and their lamps supplied, with fresh oil. God will be their arm every morning, Isa. 33:2. If at any time they have been foiled and weakened they shall recover themselves, and so renew their strength. Heb. They shall change their strength, as their work is changed—doing work, suffering work; they shall have strength to labour, strength to wrestle, strength to resist, strength to bear. As the day so shall the strength be. [2.] They shall use this grace for the best purposes. Being strengthened, First, They shall soar upward, upward towards God: They shall mount up with wings like eagles, so strongly, so swiftly, so high and heaven-ward. In the strength of divine grace, their souls shall ascend above the world, and even enter into the holiest. Pious and devout affections are the eagles’ wings on which gracious souls mount up, Ps. 25:1. Secondly, They shall press forward, forward towards heaven. They shall walk, they shall run, the way of God’s commandments, cheerfully and with alacrity (they shall not be weary), constantly and with perseverance (they shall not faint); and therefore in due season they shall reap. Let Jacob and Israel therefore, in their greatest distresses, continue waiting upon God, and not despair of timely and effectual relief and succour from him.

Blessings,
Lady
"He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire."
Mathew 3:11
savyourdvine

Post by savyourdvine »

Yes, LadyinChrist it does help. Thank you for confirmation. For the Lord is Great and worthy to be praised!!
Last edited by savyourdvine on Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
LadyinChrist
Diamond Member

Post by LadyinChrist »

Glory to God!! :)
"He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire."
Mathew 3:11