Rent Check

Archives for 2012
Warrior Princess
Diamond Member

Rent Check

Post by Warrior Princess »

Going into the city/downtown with my parents. I said I would hate to live in the city...and I was going to say in one of those glass buildings because of the heat or something, but before I got a chance, my dad said, "Uh oh." because apparently they were moving into a place in the city. We went into some gray with white trim coastal looking apartment/condos. And I said to my dad, I was going to say I would hate to live in one of those glass buildings. We went inside and I was looking at a card or brochure that said it was a project of Bob Jones and one other guy like him I can't remember. My mom walks toward me holding out a check but it was meant for the lady at the window, so she gave her the rent. We walked over to what I thought was the elevator, but we actually went through a swinging door I think into another room. There was a little boy in the way so I was holding the door open and once he went back into the other room I let it close.

Then, I am on a plane or a train or a bus, rows are pretty full. I see Wendy E. sit down (she was married to an abuser--like me--and is remarried now) and there's a slightly older woman with her who was kind of chatty, and she was trying to situate a silk scarf around her neck.
~Warrior Princess
"Now come the days of the king."