roof collapsed

Archives for 2012
arbre
Silver Member

roof collapsed

Post by arbre »

I was at my mother's house. The house looked unfamiliar and big. There were people trying to finish the workings inside but they were not doing a good job. I then left the house. As I stood in the street watching the house,, the roof collapsed and the tiles fell down. There were people inside the house, I wondered if the people inside did not get injured. I then told my mother who was standing next to me that they should get a qualified builder to do the roofing. The builder was next to me, I asked for a quote to redo the roof. The builder told me they did not want him to do the work, they said the father of the house is able to do it with his friend, since they were the ones who built the roof that has just collapsed. I insisted in getting the quote and the builder gave me. I then negotiated for the price.
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Hello Arbre after reviewing your dream, I recall a cute but on point quip of my ex-pastor that comes to mind: “Don’t let others occupy your mind that aren’t paying you rent!”
When I view the roof of a house what comes to me is thought processes and the mind. The house looked unfamiliar to you because this may be indicative of a circumstance in which your natural mother, “spiritual mother”, or your church may be going through a time in which they may be acting “off” to you (not acting quite like themselves). It appears that the people who are building may symbolize outside forces and thought patterns that may be attempting to infiltrate with the end result of the “roof” collapsing. Brings to mind of having carnality and the Holy Spirit fighting to be in the mind, if this make sense? The builder may be representative of Jesus the Master Carpenter and I get a feeling that the father and friend represents the pastor and an elder. I view your negotiation with the builder as intercessory, brings to mind the action of Abraham pleading with the Lord before the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. As usual toss if it does not speaks!
arbre
Silver Member

Post by arbre »

Newbie, thank you so much for this interpretation. The dream came just after the 3am prayer I had when I could not sleep. As you say, I saw the father as the pastor of the church and the builder as Jesus. But as usual, I still needed confirmation since I am still in training and asking God for more of the Spirit of wisdom and understanding. I did not understand the part of negotiating with the builder but now I understand. Thank you for reminding me of Abraham's negotiation with God.

May God bless you with even more and more of His Spirit of Wisdom and Understanding.
To Him be all the glory forever and ever.