Husband Throwing a Spear

Archives for 2012
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Husband Throwing a Spear

Post by TexasTransplant »

Dreamed my husband and I were at a game in a gym (maybe basketball) but there was a lot of talk about college teams that rival each other greatly. He became more and more belligerent about it with the other men he was talking with. They were very friendly and the conversation was light chit-chat to them. I moved seats and sat between a couple I haven't seen in years--Jennifer and Dwayne (my name is Jennifer also and her hubby Dwayne and I were born on the same day).

We watched the visiting team's cheerleaders AND our cheerleaders (ours were boys for some reason) line up to do a routine TOGETHER. The visiting team was a tough, inner city type with lots of attitude and tried to run our squad off the floor with added moves, intimidating them. Our team turned around to face them in a line and would not make eye contact or meet their challenge. Next they were all lined up together again in groups of three doing a routine where one group wore furry, black and white spotted dog outfits, the second was in cheetah costumes and the third was dressed normally.

I hear from some other spectators that hubby is causing a raucous down where he's sitting and has tried to start a fight with someone. I don't get up from my seat, but a nice policeman comes in and introduces himself to me, shakes my hand and asks where hubby is. Before I can point, hubby is down on the floor in front of where I'm sitting holding a long, Native American type, dark brown spear in his hand. I notice it's not quite straight but has a slight bend to it probably from usage. Everyone is looking at him like he's crazy, including me, as he explains very maniacally how "he wasn't going to stab the guy with it really, I threw it so it landed just past his head!" He's still pretending to throw the thing around all these people and I wasn't sure if he wanted to or not. He seemed to like the spear a lot.
You didn't choose me, I chose you.-John 15:16
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Hello TT, in the positive sense a spear can represent warfare and victory; however, negatively, it represents a verbal attack against those who have a fire and passion for the Lord. So perhaps the spear your husband is carrying represents words of sorts. The costume that the people are wearing may represent deceptive practices or pretending. What comes to mind is your previous dream with Nicole Kidman. When I think of the inner city, ghetto, projects, etc… I think of those who are living in spiritual poverty and it appears this particular group is operating in the spirit of intimidation. The gym might represents anxiety or a concern about being the best at something aka being competitive. As usual these are thoughts and I hope it helps.
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Post by TexasTransplant »

Thank you Newbie, makes a lot of sense. This dream coincided with an attack on my husband and was meant to be a huge distraction to me, so I bet that's the 'competition' aspect of it. Thanks for your input.

I woke up this morning after having ANOTHER dream involving bleachers. Every night lately has involved bleachers in a gym or just outside a house or on a ball field. Last night's was me holding my son's hand (he seemed much younger) while helping him down some bleachers. I asked the Lord in my prayer time what was up with all the bleacher seats lately and after a few minutes I knew the answer. It's depicting my life lately or the way I'm feeling lately, that is. You know how shaky and unsettling it is to walk up or down bleachers. I'm always a little nervous about my footing when I'm on them. This is all about the news from my mom about my conception and all the therapy and issues I'm working through at the moment because of it. It's unsettling and I've wondered if I was in line with what I was supposed to be doing. He seems to be saying, "YEP." After He answered me about the bleachers symbol I looked down at my open bible and read two lines from Psalms about how he speaks to us in our sleep, orders our steps and how even though we feel shaky, we will not fall. Wanted to share just in case anybody else dreams of bleachers and isn't sure of the meaning :).
You didn't choose me, I chose you.-John 15:16