making a whistle

Archives for 2012
thesharpeningstone
Platinum Member

making a whistle

Post by thesharpeningstone »

last night I dreamed that I was walking with my dad, he died 12 yrs ago. I said I was looking for a smooth stick to make a whistle. He said he knew where to find one. He walked over to a shovel and broke the handle off and handed it to me.
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Hello SS, usually coaches or referees blow whistles as an indicator for a timeout or pause. Perhaps, the Father is giving you an instrument to make a decision on stopping (pausing) certain activities/behavior or alerting others to take a pause/refrain from something. As usual toss if it does not speak!
fishbreath
Gold Member

Post by fishbreath »

A shovel can symbolize prayer, confession, digging & searching, work.
Thus it would appear that Father is wanting you to take a “break” or time out from one of the above.. I doubt He wants you to stop praying, so perhaps you have been doing some type of searching or works which He wants you to take a time out from (as indicated by the whistle). The Lord further confirms the fact that He wants you to take a “break” by the breaking of the shovel.
Is there some type of work(s) you have been doing which the Lord may be calling you to rest from?
janmar
Gold Member

Post by janmar »

sharpeningstone,

Usually a smooth stick is used to make a whistle because it allows for a clear tone to be produced (ie. quality or character of sound as being tone).

This article may also be something to read & pray about for better interpretation: http://brodane.wordpress.com/2010/02/15 ... ods-voice/

Hope this helps some.

Jan