Giving birth in Church

Archives for 2013
sing4777
Silver Member

Giving birth in Church

Post by sing4777 »

I had this dream last night. It's a little graphic, so I'll try not to gross anyone out.

I dreamed that I was at church with my husband and three daughters. Our church has seats that are like movie theater seats and normally we sit on the right end of the row with my husband at the end and I sit next to his left with our daughters following.

In my dream we were sitting at the left end and I was seated at the end and my husband to my right. As I was sitting there, I began to feel the sensation in my lower abdomen like I was about to expell something. My seat opened up to appear to have a toilet type opening and 2 large blood clots passed from me into the seat/toilet.
I felt embarrassed and thought that I had begun menstruating.
I then began to feel intense pressure and looked down and saw that there was a baby coming out of me. Two women in the row behind me began to reassure me that they would catch the baby before it landed in the seat/toilet.
After the baby was born (a boy), everyone was looking for something to wrap the baby in. We were no longer in the sanctuary but in another room in the church. Someone suggested wrapping the baby in newspaper to keep him warm. Although the baby was wrapped in a white terry cloth towel type blanket, I kept seeing flashes of the baby wrapped in newspaper and the dream ended.
Any thoughts?
LadyinChrist
Diamond Member

Post by LadyinChrist »

Hi sing4777,

I believe your dream speaks alot of your position in Christ in the church. A great deliverance has happened, painful moments are over, and I believe ultimate joy is coming to you or the one being delivered.

A Perpetual Covenant of Peace

Isaiah 54

54 “Sing, O barren,
You who have not borne!
Break forth into singing, and cry aloud,
You who have not labored with child!
For more are the children of the desolate
Than the children of the married woman,” says the Lord.
2 “Enlarge the place of your tent,
And let them stretch out the curtains of your dwellings;
Do not spare;
Lengthen your cords,
And strengthen your stakes.
3 For you shall expand to the right and to the left,
And your descendants will inherit the nations,
And make the desolate cities inhabited.

John 16

21 A woman, when she is in labor, has sorrow because her hour has come; but as soon as she has given birth to the child, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world. 22 Therefore you now have sorrow; but I will see you again and your heart will rejoice, and your joy no one will take from you.

Here's a little help by Mathew Henry's commentary....

[3.] The return of joy to them in due time: But your sorrow shall be turned into joy. The sorrow of the true Christian, is but for a moment. The disciples were glad when they saw the Lord. His resurrection was life from the dead to them, and their sorrow for Christ’s sufferings was turned into a joy of such a nature as could not be damped and embittered by any sufferings of their own. They were sorrowful, and yet always rejoicing (2 Cor. 6:10), had sorrowful lives and yet joyful hearts.

(2.) It is applicable to all the faithful followers of the Lamb, and describes the common case of Christians.

[1.] Their condition and disposition are both mournful; sorrows are their lot, and seriousness is their temper: those that are acquainted with Christ must, as he was, be acquainted with grief; they weep and lament for that which others make light of, their own sins, and the sins of those about them; they mourn with sufferers that mourn, and mourn for sinners that mourn not for themselves.

[2.] The world, at the same time, goes away with all the mirth; they laugh now, and spend their days so jovially that one would think they neither knew sorrow nor feared it. Carnal mirth and pleasures are surely none of the best things, for then the worst men would not have so large a share of them, and the favourites of heaven be such strangers to them.

[3.] Spiritual mourning will shortly be turned into eternal rejoicing. Gladness is sown for the upright in heart, that sow tears, and without doubt they will shortly reap in joy. Their sorrow will not only be followed with joy, but turned into it; for the most precious comforts take rise from pious griefs. Thus he illustrates by a similitude taken from a woman in travail, to whose sorrows he compares those of his disciples, for their encouragement; for it is the will of Christ that his people should be a comforted people.

Blessings,
Lady
"He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire."
Mathew 3:11
sing4777
Silver Member

Post by sing4777 »

Thank you, LadyinChrist. :)