Door Prop Not Working

Archives for 2013
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Door Prop Not Working

Post by TexasTransplant »

I've got most all of a dream I had last night figured out except this one part. I may understand what it could mean, but it's not totally resonating with me as the answer just yet.

There were 2-3 doors to a public bathroom/locker room I was trying prop open with the attached door stopper thing on the bottom. It was either limp or too short on every door and this was highly frustrating for me. I wanted them open so the preschool children I was teaching in the dream could get in and out easier. I thought the door would be too tough for them to open on their own.

Just hitting me now that Jesus is a door in scripture. All thoughts are welcome! Thanks!
You didn't choose me, I chose you.-John 15:16
SpecialK
Diamond Member

Post by SpecialK »

This is what I have for my personal notes on Doors.
Door open=opening, opportunity, spiritual access, a portal, vulnerability or warning
So, not being able to open the door is not a good thing. Maybe there is a spiritual blockage somewhere?

And you can always knock at the door, which is Jesus (all through Matt, mark, Luke & John).

Hope this helps, SpecialK.
underhiswing
Diamond Member

Post by underhiswing »

Hi TexasT.

Lockers and bathrooms/restrooms are public rooms of personal care and intimate preparation.

You symbolically can't hold, or keep, the doors open for those whom you are trying to help/teach/disciple in a more personally connected way. This reveals that an attempt at "keeping the doors of communication and passageways open" for those you are ministering to, isn't working.

This item (door stop) is weak/limp/impotent, and is supposed to be "supportive". The limpness can symbolize lack of strength/power/potency in someone (maybe a man), or in some group, or in an aspect that you have been expecting support from. It isn't working/helping in a supportive role as it/they should be.
PracticalOne

Post by PracticalOne »

YOU thought the door would be too hard for them to open. However, the children never said the door was too hard to open.
When it's time for us to clean up our act, WE, individually have to open that door for Holy Spirit to clean us up.
It appears to me that you have done your job well, in that the children have followed you all the way to the cleaning place. You have gotten them to where they need to be. Now let them and Holy Spirit do the rest.

Just my thoughts. Love ya!