Eyeliner...?

Archived Dreams from 2014
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Eyeliner...?

Post by TexasTransplant »

Eyeliner or other eye make-up applying is a common symbol in my dreams and came up again last night on a cat. Usually it's on ME, not cats or anybody else :). Sometimes I'm paying attention to thick, liquid eye liner (I don't wear that kind IRL) or applying eye shadow with great care. Sometimes I'm painstakingly tending to my eye lashes or brows. I like make-up IRL as much as the next girl but never pay this much attention to it at all. It has to be standing for something. Trying to work out if I'm the cat from last night, but I hope not. It was a girl cat, white and small but pregnant. I'm pregnant and had a cat like that when I was a kid. Nowadays I'm strictly a dog person :). This white cat had very interesting, curved lining at the tops of her eyes. I thought it was beautiful and thought about letting her in this glass covered condo I was in. I struggled with that decision though because our oldest son is allergic. I think I get the rest of the dream's meaning so I don't need to post, but if anyone has thoughts on EYELINER or eye make up or things like that, I'd appreciate it! And I may not be the cat from last night's dream, just trying to figure it out still. Could be a reprimand and may fit.
You didn't choose me, I chose you.-John 15:16
Palm
Gold Member

Post by Palm »

Congratulations on your pregnancy! Have you delivered your baby yet?

The eye is the receptor that brings the outside in -- we observe what's around us, and store info about our environment in memory. For this reason, eyes in dreams are often about knowledge, insight, wisdom, and perception.

The eyeliner is not necessary for seeing, and in fact sometimes irritates ... but we highlight our ability to see, or decorate/inflate how we appear to others.

For instance, if a person started a dream forum and called themselves a professional seer extraordinaire... they would be drawing eyeliner to accentuate their normal ability to see. Appearing more than they are to the public.

Why a cat would do that, lol... hm let me think.
applying eye shadow with great care. Sometimes I'm painstakingly tending to my eye lashes or brows.
This could relate to how you carry yourself in fellowship. If you are worried about people's criticism, you might be very cautious in how you present yourself in social circles. Eye-lining might show how you make sure to speak up in a group, carry your Bible, wear a cross, volunteer, talk to the right people.

In your dream, you had empathy for the cat being pregnant, wanted to take her in, worried if it would inconvenience others... admired how she presented herself.

It could be something as simple as feeling connected with someone, and wondering whether to welcome them into your group.