Help Discerning This!

Archives for 2013
Diamond Member

Help Discerning This!

Post by Newbie »

Someone gave me this list and I feel that some of this on the list is legalistic; however, I am not a deliverance minister and reaaly would like some insight on this. I am not sure if I am being fleshy or if I am discerning something amiss. I do not know where to post this and will place it here for now.
HOW DO I KNOW THAT I NEED GOD’S DELIVERANCE IN MY LIFE?

(1) IF YOU SLEEP AND YOU ARE BEEN PURSUED IN THE DREAM, YOU NEED DELIVERANCE.

(2). IF YOU SLEEP AND IN THE DREAM YOU SEE DIFFFERENT PEOPLE COMING TO MAKE LOVE OR HAVE SEX WITH YOU IN THE DREAM, YOU NEED DELIVERANCE.

(3). IF YOU ALWAYS HAVE A BROKEN FRIENSHIP OR MARRIAGE RELATIONSHIP, YOU NEED ADELIVERANCE.

(4). IF YOU ARE MARRIED, BUT STILL HAVE A DESIRE TO HAVE SEX AND MAKE LOVE HERE AND THERE OUTSIDE YOUR MARRIAGE RELATIONSHIP, YOU NEED DELIVERANCE.

(5). IF YOU ARE A MAN OR A WOMAN, THAT IS NEVER SATISFIED WHEN MAKE LOVE, YOU NEED DELIVERANCE.

(6). IF YOU ARE IN A FAMILY, WHERE ALL THE LADIES NEVER GET MARRIED, YOU NEED DELIVERANCE.

(7). IF YOU ARE A CHRISTAIN AND STILL LIKE TO SMOKE CIGERETTES, DO DRUGS OPENLY OR SECRETLY, YOU NEED DELIVERANCE.

(8). IF YOU SEE YOURSELF EATING IN THE DREAM, YOU NEED DELIVERANCE.

(9). IF YOU DO NOT DREAM AT ALL, YOU NEED DELIVERANCE.

(10). IF YOU DREAM AND SEE YOUR FATHER OR MOTHER, WHO ARE DEAD MANY YEARS AGO COMING TO EAT AND DANCE WITH YOU IN THE DREAM, YOU NEED DELIVERANCE.

(11). IF YOU ARE STILL SERIOUSLY CONTROLLED BY EVIL THOUGHTS, YOU NEED DELIVERANCE.

(12). IF YOU ARE MARRIED, BUT STILL LIKE TO MAKE LOVE WITH OTHER PEOPLE HUSBANDS OR WIVIES, YOU NEED DELIVERANCE.

(13). IF YOU ALWAYS GET ANGRY AND BECOME VIOLENT FOR LITTLE OR NO REASON, YOU NEED DELIVERANCE.

(14). IF YOU HAVE A DESIRE TO KILL, STEAL AND DESTROY, YOU NEED DELIVERANCE.
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A STABLE MARRIAGE RELATIONSHIP, YOU NEED DELIVERANCE.

(15). IF YOU HAVE A DEISRE TO MAKE LOVE WITH A MAD MAN OR MAD WOMAN, YOU NEED ADELIVERANCE.

16). IF YOU HAVE A DESIRE TO MAKE LOVE WITH PREGNANT WOMEN, OTHER MEN’S WIVES, YOU NEED DELIVERANCE.

(17). IF IN EVERY 2 OR 3 MONTHS IF YOU ALWAYS LOOSE YOUR JOB, YOU NEED DELIVERANCE.

(18). IF YOU HAVE A VERY STRONG DESIRE TO MAKE LOVE IN THE CEMETRIES OR BY THE SEA SIDES, YOU NEED DELIVERANCE.

(19). IF YOU HAVE REACHED THE AGE OF MARRIAGE AND NO MAN SEEMS TO BE INTERESTED IN YOU, YOU NEED DELIVERANCE.

(20). IF YOU ARE ALWAYS MOVING FROM TROUBLE TO TROUBLE AND FROM POLICE COSTUDY TO PRISON COSTUDY EVERY NOW AND THEN, YOU NEED DELIVERANCE.

(21). IF YOU HAVE A SATANIC ATTACK, WITH SEVERE DEMONIC OPPRESSIONS, YOU NEED DELIVERANCE.

(22). IF YOU HAVE A CHRONIC SICKNESS AND DISEASE THAT HAVE DEFIED ALL MEDICAL SCIENCE, YOU NEED DELIVERANCE.

(23). IF YOU NO LONGER HAVE CONTROL OVER YOURSELF AND THE DECISIONS YOU ARE MAKING, YOU NEED DELIVERANCE.

(24). IF YOU OR YOUR LOVED ONES ARE HEAVILY HOOKED UP IN ALCOHOR DRINKING, YOU NEED DELIVERANCE.

(25). IF YOU SEE YOURSELF FLYING IN THE DREAM, YOU NEED DELIVERANCE.

(26). IF YOU RECEIVE A SMALL OR BIF SALARY AND CANNOT DO ANYTHING GOOD WITH IT, YOU NEED DELIVERANCE.

(27). IF YOU TRY TO SAVE MONEY AND SOME FAKE PROBLEMS COMES TO SWEEP THE MONEY AWAY, YOU NEED DELIVERANCE.

(28). IF EVERYTHING YOU PUT FORTH YOUR HANDS TO DO EVERYNOW AND THEN DOESN’T WORK OUT, YOU NEED DELIVERANCE.

(29). IF YOU ALWAYS SEE THE DEAD OF THE SPIRITS OF THE DEAD, PHYSICALLY OR IN YOUR DREAMS, YOU NEED DELIVERANCE.

(30). IF YOU HAVE BEEN CURSED PHYSICALLY OR SPIRITUALLY BY YOUR PARENTS OR BY SOME EVIL PEOPLE, YOU NEED DELIVERANCE.

“DELIVERANCE COULD BE DEFIND AS A SPIRITUAL MEANS OF FIGHTING AGAINST THE EVIL POWERS OR SATANIC INFLUENCES THAT ARE BEHIND SOME DIFFICULT PEOBLEMS IN OUR LIVES.”
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Yes and No to many of the things in the list. The definition of deliverance way down at the bottom of the post is dubious at best. A better definition is Deliverance is to be freed from the control of the enemy spirits that are keeping you in bondage and strongholds in your life. For example #25 flying in a dream does NOT denote a need for deliverance, it has often been for me that God is raising me up in the Spirit and showing me things from a birds eye view or freeing my spirit to soar with Him. For example #1 somebody chasing you in a dream in the negative sense often denotes a spirit of fear attacking you or your being paranoid about something that has happened to you because of something in your past like a fear of water due to a past near drowning incident causes anxiety on a boat trip so you dream of somebody chasing you, maybe you need deliverance or maybe you just need to remove that stronghold. There is a good side where you could be being pursued by the Lord as well which is not covered. If there are many negative patterns in your life then most likely there is enemy involvement that keeps you bound so you need deliverance to set you free. Just don't take these all as black/white statements.... also remember that unsaved people do unsaved things... you can't prevent and you are not responsible for what happened to you, but you are responsible for your own responses to what happened to you. There could be judgments or other things in place that is causing your problem which give the enemy access to you and can be dealt with in deliverance.

Just some thoughts...

BJC
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

Thank you BJ, your words is a confirmation of my thoughts on this matter. Some one in deliverance was using this and I was not in agreement on how this was used as being a definitive answer for someone having these dream types. Thanks again for your ministry!
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Thanks for posting that Newbie. I felt the same as Brian also.

I did notice that the English on this list is not perfect. And English is one of the more difficult languages ... So it could be that this person has identified some real issues but perhaps just hasn't worded the comments the BEST way possible.

I became aware of how poorly I worded things some years ago when a friend pulled me up on it, saying that they relied on the words I used to understand what I was saying, and if I didn't use the correct word then how could they be expected to fully understand what I was saying? That sent me on a path of being more careful about what words I chose and helped me in the long run.

So essentially, don't hold this list rigidly, but there are some interesting things to "file to the side" and perhaps pull out for reference at a later date???
chrisy
Diamond Member

Post by chrisy »

Too many things have crept into "Christianity" while the true church slept. The bottom line is truly this:

If we descended from Adam and Eve, we need Jesus Christ.
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

bella wrote:Thanks for posting that Newbie. I felt the same as Brian also.

I did notice that the English on this list is not perfect. And English is one of the more difficult languages ... So it could be that this person has identified some real issues but perhaps just hasn't worded the comments the BEST way possible.

I became aware of how poorly I worded things some years ago when a friend pulled me up on it, saying that they relied on the words I used to understand what I was saying, and if I didn't use the correct word then how could they be expected to fully understand what I was saying? That sent me on a path of being more careful about what words I chose and helped me in the long run.

So essentially, don't hold this list rigidly, but there are some interesting things to "file to the side" and perhaps pull out for reference at a later date???
Hello Bella, the author of this list, English is not there 1st language. I understood how some of this can apply; however, there was some things on this list that upset another believer because she felt it was sexist. Long story short, another believer who deals with deliverance was basically was applying this as a sure fire way of someone needing deliverance and I do not agreed with that. I express to her that I had dreams with food and understood how some foods can point to taking in the wrong things, but that is not always the case. The same thing with flying in dreams, she felt this was astral projection, whereas , I felt it could reflect flying high in the Spirit or going towards maturity. The bottom line up front is we should always seek the Lord when we get something. Thanks again everyone for your assistance and thoughts. God bless!
Laura3D
Silver Member

Post by Laura3D »

No to most of them & many are repetitive.. Are these all about dreams or are some of them IRL? If IRL then I can see a need for deliverance with many of them, but if dreams then most are just metaphorical

Being chased is many times God in pursuit of a person
Sex is the joining together or coming in agreement w/ s.thing unless sex with demons.
I do think something is wrong if people don't dream at all.
Laura3D
Silver Member

Post by Laura3D »

Here is a good way to see if there are possible strongholds in one's life http://www.greatbiblestudy.com/delivera ... nnaire.php
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Free plug for the book from the ministry I work with

Shadow Boxing by Dr. Henry Malone

http://www.visionlifebookstore.com/inde ... 2c2o7e5hs1
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Post by TexasTransplant »

I think I need deliverance!! :D :D

On a serious note though, while all you are here, what's the difference between 'deliverance' and just breaking down a difficult stronghold in your life? Are they the same?? I tend to look at it like I HAVE already been delivered but I still have certain strongholds present that the Lord and I deconstruct together one at a time. Any thoughts on that??
You didn't choose me, I chose you.-John 15:16
Diamond Member

Post by Newbie »

TexasTransplant wrote:I think I need deliverance!! :D :D

On a serious note though, while all you are here, what's the difference between 'deliverance' and just breaking down a difficult stronghold in your life? Are they the same?? I tend to look at it like I HAVE already been delivered but I still have certain strongholds present that the Lord and I deconstruct together one at a time. Any thoughts on that??
http://www.greatbiblestudy.com/strongholds.php
bella
Diamond Member

Post by bella »

Deliverance is one of those lovely words used often in Christianese :lol:

It's not uniquely christian. Generally it can be a ref to being set free from something, so demons, thought patterns (strongholds), beliefs etc. Anything really.
TexasTransplant
Diamond Member

Post by TexasTransplant »

Right, thanks!!
You didn't choose me, I chose you.-John 15:16
underhiswing
Diamond Member

Post by underhiswing »

In these issues, I think it is good to reflect on the encounters that Jesus had. Some ill and/or sinful people were delivered of evil spirits and some were just outright healed with no spirits mentioned. Both are still needed today. Both require individual discernment via the Holy Spirit, not a blanket set of rules made by men. Any time we make our own assumptions or our own set of rules, we take power and control away from the Holy Spirit to freely move and speak about each situation individually. "Relying" on our own wisdom and imagined rules grieves the Holy Spirit.

Your concern for this list Newbie, was right.