Where is my luggage

Archived Dreams from 2014
MRSB
Bronze Member

Where is my luggage

Post by MRSB »

I was riding on a van with my peers in ministry. I heard one of my peers make a condescending remark to a mutual peer regarding transportation and budgets for their ministry location. The van stopped and it was at my house in my hometown. My kids appeared on the van and we got off. By the time I walked to our porch my childhood home changed.
I was looking for the man who took my luggage because the apartment buildings were not familiar to me. There were 4 doors and I just instintively went to the 4th door but wondered if I lived there. I just stood at the front door facing it. I'm not even sure if I had a key to get it but I felt uncomfortable because the apartment is not something I would normally reside in.
I started calling the man who had took my luggage. I looked at the back of the apt building and there were alot of noisy flies and buildings in disarray. The apartments in the rear looked government subsidized housing.
The man who took my luggage started walking to the front but ignored me when I called him. I was trying to find out where my luggage was because he didn't have it. He put it somewhere but wouldn't tell me. When he walked in front of the apartment that I think was mine I called him 3 times. He never answered or looked at me. He kept walking and the last time I called his name he laughed.
Palm
Gold Member

Post by Palm »

How horrid. Throughout the dream, there is a current of things in disarray within your territory -- not how you would have them. It was as though your authority was stolen from you, and there was nothing to grasp onto to correct it.
MRSB
Bronze Member

Response to Palm

Post by MRSB »

I think I got a different feel from the dream. My thinking is it represented my past and serves as confirmation as some things the Lord is bringing me to.

As I continued to pray about it, the reason the home changed to a disheveled place that I did not recognize is because it's removed and not familiar to me anymore. I kept remembering how the door was closed and I was just standing in front of it.

I believe the man represents my future that will proceed without acknowledging my past except to make a mockery of it.

I know that God is placing me in a position to receive what He's already given.
A Warrior's Heart
Diamond Member

Post by A Warrior's Heart »

In dreams, luggage often represents power. Perhaps there is some situation where you felt as if power was taken from you. The buildings in disarray and flies symbolize disorder, annoyances and distractions. You know you do not belong in some situation that has wreaked havoc on you and has gotten out of hand. Perhaps it left you feeling rejected or belittled.
"The grass withers, the flower fades, but the Word of our God stands forever." Is 40:8