Losing Toes??????

Archived Dreams from 2014
dborah777
Diamond Member

Losing Toes??????

Post by dborah777 »

Short Dream this morning: I was in a hospital on a stretcher talking to another patient while we waiting for surgery. We were having a nice conversation and the atmosphere was warm and friendly. All of a sudden, a doctor, who actually was dressed just like a priest, came in and starting cutting off the tops of her toes and my toes. Before I could scream, wait, I realized that at some point I had been given anesthesia and did not feel a thing. The hospital staff was going to roll me into surgery, but to my utter shock and surprise, I got up and walked… I woke up!

Thanks for any help!
caahbHg,
deBorah
Truth Seeker
Diamond Member

Post by Truth Seeker »

dborah777,

This could be related to your walk with Christ. The toes support ones ability to walk.

To me the Priest would represent who you're receiving the word from.

Do you currently have a church home and if so, have you been noticing if the spirit is present during service. When Gods spirit is present it's tangable.

This is just my thoughts as I related certian key words you have discribed from your dream to scripture.

TS
Truth Seeker
dborah777
Diamond Member

Toes Cut Off

Post by dborah777 »

Thanks Truth Seeker...

I am, indeed, a member of two ministries... I am a minister as well. I really appreciate your help with this one... and the thoughts you have shared certainly are helping. And, to answer your question, you hit the nail on the head, the manifest presence of the Spirit of the Lord is absent at that church's services (although awesome and beautiful family fellowship -- long story)...the other church, which I am at until I move to another city in June, is very much Holy Spirit filled...

Now, the funny thing is, I just found out that through my job, we are being pampered with manicures and pedicures...wonder if THAT had something to do with this dream! lol as I shrug my shoulders...

Thanks so much...I will greatly ponder what you have shared.
caahbHg,
deBorah
Truth Seeker
Diamond Member

Post by Truth Seeker »

dborah777,

God will use something that's going on in the natural (manicures and pedicures) to bring to light a spiritual truth.

That what parables are. Your dream is somewhat like a parable.

TS
Truth Seeker
dborah777
Diamond Member

Post by dborah777 »

Great insight, Truth Seeker... I'm on the look-out! My spiritual antenna is all the way up! Thank you! :D
caahbHg,
deBorah
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

Helloooo dborah777 :D Toes, to me, represent balance. I see the dr/priest as the Great Physician. I see the tops of your & neighbor's toes being cut off as a pruning, given the positive atmosphere of your dream. Hey, what the enemy intends for evil, our Papa will use for good, amen?

I believe this is about your past journey and how He intends to use it for His glory. I see your employer's mani/pedi pampering as confirmation of that. Papa does so love to pamper us, doesn't He?

You know, experience is a wonderful teacher. Point being....ever notice those who He leads to you to minister to just 'happen' to be walking a path have you already traveled? And the obstacles these are encountering along the way are obstacles you have overcome?

Bottom line, I see this dream as encouragement and confirmation of His equipping. The prayer of Jabez comes to mind. In any event, methinks Himself is about to increase your territory. If I were you, I'd batten down the hatches and prepare for takeoff.

[aside: where are you relocating to? and do you think this might be related in some way to your childhood sweetheart dream? btw, I tried to visit you once upon a time. I just couldn't provide enough info to convince the 'powers that be' I was not a nutcase, lol. (ok, ok, i'll 'fess up to that accusation) We did, however, petition the Lord on your behalf. I suspect we were literally within hugging distance at the time. *grin*]

Offered, as always, for your prayerful consideration.

xxoo
discerning

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
Ezekiel 3:17
dborah777
Diamond Member

Post by dborah777 »

Hey Discerning,

How are you? I don’t know HOW in the world I missed this message…WOW~! Thank you so much for your interpretation… I am going to study this because I think you are right on target! Your wisdom in writing this is absolutely astounding and really speaks to my spirit. Nevertheless, I am at work, have Bible Study tonight, and have to get the car fixed in between that – I will look over this while I lay in bed tonight and meditate on it. Thank you, thank you, thank you…

I am moving back to Detroit – my hometown! My Mom (now widowed), my two youngest sons, and 2 and 1/3 grandchildren (grandson due in September)…I am soooo excited about that, but ambivalent about Detroit. Nevertheless, I believe there is a serious open door and work there for me to do in the midst of – and that, I am getting excited about.

You tried to get into see me when I was in the hospital? The nursing home? In Atlanta? Or did I misunderstand… who is this (IRL)? Lol (Feel free to inbox me here if you would like, or my email address is dborah777@hotmail.com)!

Love you much, and God bless you and yours tremendously…again, thank you SO much! (P.S.) I had another dream this morning, it’s under “Perplexing!” 
caahbHg,
deBorah
dborah777
Diamond Member

Post by dborah777 »

Hey Discerning,

How are you? I don’t know HOW in the world I missed this message…WOW~! Thank you so much for your interpretation… I am going to study this because I think you are right on target! Your wisdom in writing this is absolutely astounding and really speaks to my spirit. Nevertheless, I am at work, have Bible Study tonight, and have to get the car fixed in between that – I will look over this while I lay in bed tonight and meditate on it. Thank you, thank you, thank you…

I am moving back to Detroit – my hometown! My Mom (now widowed), my two youngest sons, and 2 and 1/3 grandchildren (grandson due in September)…I am soooo excited about that, but ambivalent about Detroit. Nevertheless, I believe there is a serious open door and work there for me to do in the midst of – and that, I am getting excited about.

You tried to get into see me when I was in the hospital? The nursing home? In Atlanta? Or did I misunderstand… who is this (IRL)? Lol (Feel free to inbox me here if you would like, or my email address is dborah777@hotmail.com)!

Love you much, and God bless you and yours tremendously…again, thank you SO much! (P.S.) I had another dream this morning, it’s under “Perplexing!” 
caahbHg,
deBorah
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

How is it we keep missing each other? argh

Yes, in Atlanta. Blasted devil. We were so.close. What a special blessing it would have been to meet a beloved sister irl. But, hey, our Papa had the last laugh that day...there's no distance in the spirit and no walls He cannot breach, amen?

Shalom on your new home in your new location. Papa is surely up to something. Keep us posted..

love & blessings,
discerning

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
Ezekiel 3:17
underhiswing
Diamond Member

Post by underhiswing »

1.Exodus 29:20
Slaughter it, take some of its blood and put it on the lobes of the right ears of Aaron and his sons, on the thumbs of their right hands, and on the big toes of their right feet. Then splash blood against the sides of the altar.

2. Leviticus 14 The whole chapter

3. Judges 1-7Adoni-Bezek fled, but they chased him and caught him, and cut off his thumbs and big toes.Then Adoni-Bezek said, “Seventy kings with their thumbs and big toes cut off have picked up scraps under my table. Now God has paid me back for what I did to them.” They brought him to Jerusalem, and he died there.

4. Samuel 21:20
In still another battle, which took place at Gath, there was a huge man with six fingers on each hand and six toes on each foot—twenty-four in all. He also was descended from Rapha.

5. 1 Chronicles 20:6
In still another battle, which took place at Gath, there was a huge man with six fingers on each hand and six toes on each foot—twenty-four in all. He also was descended from Rapha.

6. Daniel 2:41
Just as you saw that the feet and toes were partly of baked clay and partly of iron, so this will be a divided kingdom; yet it will have some of the strength of iron in it, even as you saw iron mixed with clay.

7. Daniel 2:42
As the toes were partly iron and partly clay, so this kingdom will be partly strong and partly brittle.

Toes represent ministry and power/kingdom according to the Word. The priest is an ordained servant of the Lord and is "pruning (cutting back) your ministry, not increasing it. Your relocation that is pending will reveal that cut back, and it will be appropriate and a blessing.(ie; in the dream it "didn't hurt" and that is symbolically a predominant facet that cannot be ignored.) Pruning causes better growth in both the spiritual realm and in nature.
"Let your dreams be bigger than your fears, your actions louder than your words, and your faith stronger than your feelings."
aj_snow
Gold Member

Post by aj_snow »

The tips of the toes were cut off. The dream teaches, in a very clever way, about (the dreamer's) tiptoeing. Tiptoeing is guarded, wary, cautious interaction. It's very common for ministers to "tiptoe" in their interactions with others (Must keep up appearances). (Other possible connotation of tiptoeing is sneaky).

Pre-tiptoeing, when two meet on equal terms (two patients waiting for surgery) the atmosphere is nice, warm and friendly. This viewpoint--two equals meeting--is the remedy and reminder given to the dreamer. We are equals.

Both characters get their toe tips cut off. This represents, in interaction, when one person becomes guarded and wary, the other person will become guarded and wary in response.

The last bit of the dream symbolizes the anesthetic effects of tiptoeing on the dreamer. When one tiptoes, when one erects walls, when one hides what they are actually feeling long enough, they eventually they won't feel a thing.

Notice that the dreamer is there for surgery, the priest intervenes and then the surgery is skipped. The priest may represent the religious notion that one should tiptoe around others. The surgery could represent real spiritual work missed as a result of the tiptoeing.

This is all very general. A law--Don't Tiptoe!--should not be made. It's for the edification of the dreamer. Positive, all positive.

--aj