Tornado Dream

Archived Dreams from 2014
Clair

Tornado Dream

Post by Clair »

Hi, my name is Clair and this is my first post here. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on my dream. I appreciate your thoughts.

I was in a 2 story house w/my daughter, son-in-law and an old friend. We were up in the loft area which had a skylight in the roof off to the left.
Daughter and I were looking at clothing or jewelry while the guys sat on the floor propped up against the bed.

There had been a tornado warning. I looked up at the skylight and saw large sheets of rain, it was heavy and looked thick.
I announced the tornado is coming.

The guys still talking and I kept helping daughter with her clothing and jewelry.

Looking up again, there was the swirling of blacks, greys, whites. Looking over at the guys who remained calm, I said "it's here!!! It's here"!!!!
I asked, where do we hide while looking at a tall narrow brown door that lead to a closet. What do we do?" The old friend said "if you want to".....
I can't remember what else he said but he remained calm and kept talking to my son-in-law. I went over and hugged my son-in-law.

The house was taken up and then slammed back down again.

When it was all over, I walked outside, looked to my left where you could see some debris and damage. Looking straight ahead it wasn't as damaged though there was some.

I got in an old beat up blue truck and went home.

End of Dream

Thanks for your time,
Clair
Last edited by Clair on Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mary Cherry
Gold Member

Post by Mary Cherry »

Hi Clair, this is just my thoughts:
2 story house-your mindset or perspective on a situation. Lower level (2) reflects lower levels of understanding, stress and fear.
family gathering-important decision that you may be considering; weighing all options.
friend-your current projection of that person based on a current situation or conflict in your life.
skylight-enlightment or insightfulness; vision
helping daughter with clothing and jewelry-describes or portrarys the personality, (jewerly) value you place on relationship or commitment.
tornado-an emotional storm
warning-you feel you need to recognize the dangers or negatives of some situation, you need to bring to surface
large sheets of rain-tears, crying, sadness, disappointment
brown-purging of negative thoughts, emotions, habits and life situations
door-access, new opportunities and change
hugging-represents a person, behavior or situation that you are embracing; choosing to accept or take something into your life; agreeing with someone or the embracing of ideas; appreciation you feel or relief that a problem is over.
debris (trash)-thoughts, feelings, habits, or life situations that you want to be rid of.
look straight ahead- (future)
dark blue -reflects brutal honesty that doesn't feel good or a very difficult situation that is in your best interest.
truck-decision-making that is focused on fulfilling obligations or responsibilities
home-familiarity, security or normalcy. Being comfortable with the way things are or being used to the way things are. A chaotic situation may have come to an end. Again, just my thoughts.
Clair

Post by Clair »

Mary

Thank you for the time you devoted to putting into my dream.

I know this isn't much of a response, and for that I apologize but I am just not sure yet of how it all plays out and am trying to wait for that "ping" to hit me if you know what I mean.

Thank you for your kindness and willingness to consider my dream.

The Lord bless you Mary,

Clair
Mary Cherry
Gold Member

Post by Mary Cherry »

You are welcome, Clair. Once again, just a thought! Be blessed!
aprilbrownlebron

Post by aprilbrownlebron »

Hi Mary,

Years ago I had reoccurring tornado dreams that involved my father. The dreams were so real I could literally feel the wind on the back of my neck.
Anyway,a few years after having that dream my father got into a major disagreement with me that resulted in him not speaking to me for years. At that time I did not understand my dreams as well as I do now.
I would take this dream as a warning for you to pray for your family...especially the ones in that dream. I am not exactly sure what God is warning you about but definitely take it seriously. Also, cover your family In the Blood of Jesus and declare the peace of God in your family.

Proverbs 29:25
The fear of man brings a snare, but those who lean on, trust in and put their confidence in The Lord will be safe and set on high.

Hope this helps
Blessings
silentqueen
Gold Member

Post by silentqueen »

Hi Mary,

I feel this is a warning. There was an actual warning which preceded the storm in the dream. Much like a warning is going to come to you before the actual storm takes place. Maybe this dream is the warning of the storm.

While I was about to write this, what came to me was the tornado warning. A tornado warning is an alert issued to warn that severe thunderstorms with tornadoes may be imminent. Most of the time, these warnings are issued after a tornado has been sighted or radar indications of tornado formation.

You are the one who is paying attention to the signs of the coming storm. Even when you tell others, it's as if they paid no attention. Keep praying and watch. You may have to step into a situation and warn others about it before destruction comes.

This is something else...Is it something you know about or heard about that could be very damaging if precautions are not taken?

Or have you warned someone about something because the handwriting is on the wall and they continue to ignore the warning?

Just some things to ponder...

Father, I pray for Mary and her family. Thank you for divine protection over them and for giving your angels charge over them to keep them in all their ways. In the name of Jesus. Amen.

I will continue to pray for you.

Marla
If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you can ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. (John 15:7)

Thank you Lord for working things out for me!
Truth Seeker
Diamond Member

Post by Truth Seeker »

Clair,

When I have tornado dreams they usually represent conflict or bad agruements with my wife (seperated now).

Is there anybody that you have unhealthy agruments with?

TS
Truth Seeker
Clair

Post by Clair »

Hello Truth Seeker

I have to say for myself, that arguments are unhealthy for me at any given time.

I am more of a peace maker than a confronter, however, I will have an intense discussion if I am passionate about a particular thing. :wink:

I PRAY this is not a warning regarding a certain person. Usually when I engage in conversation with this person, I have dreams with bears in them.

I always end up upsetting this person and not knowing it until the flood gates of hades opens up on me months later. There is no being found innocent in this persons eyes.

I am currently not in contact with this person.

Thank you for responding
Clair

Post by Clair »

aprilbrownlebron
Anyway,a few years after having that dream my father got into a major disagreement with me that resulted in him not speaking to me for years.
There is a person in my life that, it doesn't matter how kind, sensitive, compassionate or caring one is with this individual this person inevitably turns on you. Not sure of the mechanics of that :roll:
It's not just me, but others that I know who know this person, it's sad.
I would take this dream as a warning for you to pray for your family...especially the ones in that dream.
Thank you for responding to my post. I appreciate that.

Clair
aprilbrownlebron

Post by aprilbrownlebron »

Clair,

You are more than welcome...I just know how baffled I was when I had tornado dreams. Unfortunately, because of my lack of knowledge at the time, I paid a heavy price. But God being so Good, all is well today!

God bless you
Clair

Post by Clair »

silentqueen
There was an actual warning which preceded the storm in the dream. Much like a warning is going to come to you before the actual storm takes place.

A tornado warning is an alert issued to warn that severe thunderstorms with tornadoes may be imminent. Most of the time, these warnings are issued after a tornado has been sighted or radar indications of tornado formation.

You may have to step into a situation and warn others about it before destruction comes.

Father, I pray for Mary and her family. Thank you for divine protection over them and for giving your angels charge over them to keep them in all their ways. In the name of Jesus. Amen.

I will continue to pray for you.

I have waited to respond to your response because I was in an observation mode.

Observing certain things in which i believe the Lord is shedding some light on at the moment.

You have heard of the "calm before the storm"? Well, perhaps this could be just that, aka a "warning"

I pray it is a passing thing as some storm front at the last moment take a different direction and not come to fruition as indicated earlier. I see this is where prayer can be exceptionally powerful.

I know of a few people who have prayed storms away. They have a very intimate and close relationship with the Father and they know a devil in disguise when they see one. It's always amazing how the Lord works.

Thank you for your prayers, I covet them. You are insightful and I thank you for your post.

Clair
Clair

Post by Clair »

Mary Cherry
skylight-enlightment or insightfulness; vision
I agree with this
large sheets of rain-tears, crying, sadness, disappointment
With this particular person I have in mind, IF in fact it is this person, tears always follow….. always. It's the sheets if tears I hope to avoid.
debris (trash)-thoughts, feelings, habits, or life situations that you want to be rid of.
look straight ahead-
well said. I do have thoughts re this person that come up from time to time and I would like to be rid of these in exchange for joy, happiness and well being in our relationship.

dark blue -reflects brutal honesty that doesn't feel good.
This individual speaks from their heart (out of the mouth the heart speaks) This person speaks from a place of continual hurt and disappointment they have experienced from others. Makes me sad for them.

I thank you for your input Mary Cherry, thank you!!!

Clair
discerning
Site Admin

Post by discerning »

Three things to ponder..

Do you know the difference between a tornado warning and a tornado watch?

Why did you ask, "What do we do?" all the while eyeing the tall narrow brown closet door?

Is the old friend someone with spiritual authority in your life? His words ""if you want to"....." stood out to me.

It is the glory of God to conceal a matter;
to search out a matter is the glory of kings.
Proverbs 25:2

blessings,
discerning

I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning...
Ezekiel 3:17
Clair

Post by Clair »

I had to look up the differences

A tornado warning means that a tornado has already been detected.

"A tornado warning means your life and property are in danger. When a warning is issued, move indoors, preferably to the basement. If no basement, interior rooms or the bath room can offer protection.

"Warnings are different. A warning is issued when the weather event is happening now," Pigott said. "In terms of flooding, for instance, a flood warning means a river has spilled over or flash flooding is occurring."

A "tornado watch," for example, includes the "large hail and damaging wind threats, as well as the possibility of multiple tornadoes,"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Why did you ask, "What do we do?" all the while eyeing the tall narrow brown closet door?
I guess since you're asking me during my waking hours, I can only assume, that I wanted to get confirmation that going to the closet for shelter was a good idea, that I was unsure of myself and needed a confirmation from others that they too thought the closet was a good idea.
Is the old friend someone with spiritual authority in your life? His words ""if you want to"....." stood out to me.
No. I haven't seen or talked to he or his wife in years either.
silentqueen
Gold Member

Post by silentqueen »

Hi Clair,

I read this again last night and today.

I think discerning is saying this....Please confirm or clarify.

What is the difference between the watch and warn?

Meaning - the watch means that conditions are present for the formation of the tornado. It's a possibility. Pay attention to the signs.

While the warning means it already occurred and/or is presently occurring. The storm has come to pass take cover. Take preventative measures to control the amount of damage this storm has the potential to cause.

What I also saw was this - "I announced the tornado is coming."

You saw the funnel and said "It's here. It's here."

You said it twice. Book of Genesis, Chapter 41 (not sure if there's any relevance, but wanted to mention it), Pharoah's dream was repeated which meant it's been established and it would come to pass quickly.

God bless

Marla
If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you can ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. (John 15:7)

Thank you Lord for working things out for me!