Hunting

Archived Dreams from 2015
cgwaltney
Bronze Member

Hunting

Post by cgwaltney »

My husband had this dream where he's out in a field carrying a rifle ready to hunt. He sees three deer grazing. He remembers feeling if he should be hunting at all because there are buildings on both sides of the field. He suddenly hears a gun shot. A man appears and carries off one of the deer. Then police arrived and asks him who shot the deer. My husband responds that he doesn't know. End of dream.

I'm thinking God is warning him of something but, I'm not sure what? Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Cory
firewater
Silver Member

Re: Hunting

Post by firewater »

he's out in a field (Open place. Perhaps bigger picture like "Fields are ripe for harvest" is a bigger picture.) carrying a rifle (Weapon. Can impact hings some distance away. Tool for the job) ready to hunt (Masculine activity. Looking for something). He sees three (Can refer to unity, confirmation) deer grazing (At peace). He remembers feeling if he should be hunting at all because there are buildings on both sides (Sense of responsibility. Awareness or risk to others. But if they are on the sides rather than infront, is the risk low? Perhaps side issues, a distraction, not central?) of the field. He suddenly hears a gun shot (Indication of others with the same goal, perhaps chasing the same game.). A man appears and carries off one of the deer (Your husband was there first & had the first opportunity, but another person who was less risk averse, or didn't care much about others, took the game.). Then police arrived (Authority figure or symbolising legalism.) and asks him who shot the deer (Looking to assign blame or bring justice. But the perpetrator has left the scene. Your husband has been left with the mess to account for, even though he was cautious & did not cause the issue). My husband responds that he doesn't know (Justice cannot be carried out.).

I can see two possible perspectives on the dream:
1. Your husband did the right & prudent thing but was left with a mess he didn't cause
(This could refer to an individual or circumstances causing it "My husband responds that he doesn't know")
Prov 22:3 A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

2. You husband missed an opportunity due to being overly cautious about doing the right thing (buldings, police)
Ephesians 5:16 making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.
(Lady with the issue of blood went thru the crowd to Jesus, something not lawful for her to do.)

Is there any circumstance in his life that fits with either scenario in the past or currently? (Could also be something that is about to happen.) I am leaning towards #2 (Hunting is a masculine activity he was not able to carry out.).
If not, it could be a general perspective he has on life- interaction with others & circumstances (Field)
cgwaltney
Bronze Member

Re: Hunting

Post by cgwaltney »

Thank you so much for your words of wisdom. I feel like this has to do with his job. Since this is where he mostly is during the week. I believe this dream hasn't happen yet but, will be coming up in the future.

I definitely can see these two possible perspectives becoming a reality. Because my husband tends to be blamed for things and because he's hesitant before committing to something. It certainly will be interesting how this dream plays out in real life.
Cory