Hugging

Archived Dreams from 2015
BlueDreamer
Gold Member

Hugging

Post by BlueDreamer »

What does it mean? Once heard JPJ say it was a sign of commitment. Any other ideas?
bjcollin
Site Owner

Re: Hugging

Post by bjcollin »

It can mean commitment as JPJ said, but also think of all the reasons we hug and you will have your answer... for comfort, to show we care, to show we agree wholly with somebody, to show affection, etc. In many cultures it is very normally used as a greeting for somebody you know to hug them and then kiss them on the cheek (which we can take as betrayal in the negative or as a warm greeting in the positive) as an example. So it greatly depends on context as used in the dream as well.
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

Saw it once in a night vision--a person hugging a demonic spirit.

em·brace verb \im-ˈbrās\
: to hold someone in your arms as a way of expressing love or friendship

: to accept (something or someone) readily or gladly

: to use (an opportunity) eagerly

Was told that in this case the embrace was a reflection of the person accepting readily/gladly the thoughts and therefore ways of the thing it was embracing.

Amos 3:3 Do two walk together unless they have agreed to do so?

The idea of walking together denotes a union; in much the same way, the type of embrace I saw reflected an embracing of the ways of the thing being embraced because it was a reflection of what was in the person DOING the embracings heart.

God knows ALL the things in a man's heart. The enemy is also very aware of the things he has sown into a man's heart that the man has received and NOT rejected or taken captive as the Word instructs us to do with those things that exalt itself against the knowledge of God.
***More To Come***

Eph 3:8...proclaim to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ 9
and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
BlueDreamer
Gold Member

Post by BlueDreamer »

Thanks. I always wondered why a kiss isn't as positive. These physical interactions in dreams always confuse me. Maybe each culture is different and I think of it that way.
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

I think it's easiest when we just ask Holy Spirit and trust in faith for the answer. It may sound overly simple but I've found that there are times He'll direct me a certain way--completely against what my mind says is right but inside I KNOW He is directing me that way. I may ponder a thing for days but once I commit to following, it's shortly after that He brings understanding. The natural man (carnal mind) cannot understand the things of the spirit. This is a principle and applies to dream interpretation. It's the reason we cannot interpret every dream with a dream dictionary. If it was that simple, we could leave God out and unbelievers could do it as well. Interpreting dreams requires faith because it is a spiritual act and Holy Spirit is the One teaching us. We are learning His voice and one method He uses to teach us His Voice just happens to be through dream interpretation.

We ALL grow in our ability to interpret dreams just like we do in anything else. You start with basics (1+1=2 or a toilet is a flushing or cleansing dream) and then we grow in understanding (3x=21, x=7 or a toilet is a place of release or loosing things--think keys of the kingdom; and then a toilet is a throne and we are seated in Heavenly places with Him and from that toilet (throne) we can declare things from the Heavenlies and see them established on Earth.) As you are seeking Him and growing, God will add to your understanding. This too is a spiritual principal--to him who has, more will be given; but to him who has not, even what he has will be taken away.

The way we grow in our ability to interpret is the same way we grow in our relationship with Father: we spend time with Him, worshipping and digging in the Word; we learn to be willing and obedient to do what His Word or His Spirit instructs; we learn to follow His leading by faith even when we don't understand everything at the moment. He is always inviting us into deeper relationship with Him. Sometimes it seems as if what we deem most important seems unimportant to Him but I have learned that our focus is usually off when it comes to how we view things. And if we will learn to trust Him, cast our cares and just go with His flow, all those other things ALWAYS work out in the end!

I hope that didn't seem like a round about way of answering your question...the issue of understanding what a physical interaction might mean in a dream is not something that can be defined simply by one's culture. The true issue is the ability to hear His voice. Dream interpretation, I have learned, is not so much about dream interpretation as it is about learning/knowing His voice. Learning/knowing His Voice requires faith and this is often where we miss it since faith cannot be reasoned (ie. limited to a dream dictionary or our own cultural understanding).
***More To Come***

and...enlighten everyone about God’s secret plan—a secret that has been hidden for ages in God who has created all things.
BlueDreamer
Gold Member

Post by BlueDreamer »

Thank you. That was perfect. I think I need to spend more time studying to find His principles. I lose faith or hope when I don't see my dream happening in the natural. I think I'll just wait for The Lord to reveal things and seek His answers. The hug resonates but I just don't see how any of my dreams might reflect what is happening in the natural so I get confused and think I got the meaning wrong. I might just need to wait.
keilani
Site Moderator

Post by keilani »

God bless you sister. Praying He will draw you into deeper places and reveal more of Himself to you in this year!
***More To Come***