Stupid mistake

Archived Dreams from 2015
bella
Diamond Member

Stupid mistake

Post by bella »

Im in the offices of the person who used to be our executive director. Not sure why I'm there. I may have been delivering something to them. Not sure.

I'm in one of the offices off the reception area. There's a table with cups and things. I hear the radio and can hear Oprah reading affirmations.

I walk out of the office to go through reception to get to the kitchenette on the other side. Oprah is working IN the office, wearing tight floral jeans. I notice how slim she is. I joke and say, "hey Oprah's o the radio. You should listen to her affirmations". Someone else is working there too. They kind of join in on the banter.

All the time, I'm aware that no-one in this office likes me.

Then I'm back in the little office with the little table and I see some fabric. I belongs to Beth, who is currently away (IRL) and may return soon, and my expectation is that she'll end up working in this office, not my current office.

I decide to help Beth by taking her fabric and making it into an outfit. I do that, then try it on, inside out. You can see where the overlocked seams of the bodice lining are in white cotton on black fabric. (Watched a youtube clip last night where the sewer did this, I think so you could see where she was overlocking).

The bodice material is a burnt orange silk type fabric. The skirt is black chiffon over a black under skirt. I'm surprised just how long this skirt is in the back because it's a train of fabric.

I have the outfit on, and walk to where Beth is, to show her. As I'm standing there, it occurs to me that I should never have done that. I shouldn't have just taken her material and not asked her if she wanted me to do that. I'm horrified at that moment. I can only say "Beth! I've just realised what I've done. I'm so sorry!" I tell her I'll replace her fabric. I ask where did she get it and can I get more for her? Unless she actually likes my design. She says she doesn't and pulls out the pictures of what she was going to make. I see the design she was going to do is very old fashioned looking.

She has the patterns in a magazine and starts writing how much of each material she needs. I ask where she got it and she tells me, but I can't hear what she says. I have to keep asking her to repeat herself. I can't understand why she isn't annunciating properly.

Eventually I hear her correctly and say I'm going to go right now and get the replacement fabric. I have to leave work and go up to the Terrace, to a shop called Spotlight to get the material. They're having a sale. Beth assures me they have plenty of it in stock (not sure how she knows that).

SCENE CHANGES (but appears to follow on directly)

I'm in a vehicle of some sort, and I go past an area of my suburb that is built out with houses near the bus stop. I can see that developers have come in and bulldozed many houses and that, because the slope is so extreme, the houses that are left, are potentially going to go sliding down in the dirt. I can see just a couple of rows of houses along the top area which are in a precarious position.

Across the other side of the road, the've done the same thing. Nothing wrong with these houses. They're just tearing them down. This is on either side at the top of school road.

###################################

I believe these dreams have to do with what's going on at work at the moment. Any insight would be appreciated.
firewater
Silver Member

Re: Stupid mistake

Post by firewater »

"Im in the offices of the person who used to be our executive director." (The first part of the dream can often determine the context))

"I notice how slim she is" - lost the "fat"

" burnt orange" - People can be "burnt" by circumstances

" I see the design she was going to do is very old fashioned looking." - Seasonal change

" taken her material and not asked her if she wanted me to do that." - In difficult times things are taken from people without them being asked (eg jobs or what they need to work)

I ask where she got it and she tells me, but I can't hear what she says. I have to keep asking her to repeat herself. I can't understand why she isn't annunciating properly. - People can't be heard if they become less relevant in a changing world.

replacement fabric - The fabric of society

I'm in a vehicle of some sort, and I go past an area of my suburb that is built out with houses near the bus stop. I can see that developers have come in and bulldozed many houses and that, because the slope is so extreme, the houses that are left, are potentially going to go sliding down in the dirt. I can see just a couple of rows of houses along the top area which are in a precarious position.
Across the other side of the road, the've done the same thing. Nothing wrong with these houses. They're just tearing them down. This is on either side at the top of school road. (The last part of the drean can often have the key to understanding the dream)

This reminds me of what happens when there is an economic downturn (Slope). Good people(Nothing wrong with these houses) are let go, & entrapeneurs/regulators (developers) close businesses (bulldoze houses). May also be specific to the housing industry which is booming at the moment. My wife recently had a dream about a regime change in a controlled community. She escasped with her baby (probably our business or young/small/vulnerable businesses) & some reliable relatives during the chaos before the new regime was established. They went down a steep roller coaster ride (slope), almost losing the baby, but managed to hold on to it.

Affirmation / encouragement is very important in this context.

Fashion is a bit like the economy is some ways- new comes in & old left behind; some old things are re-badged & can succeed; need to stay in touch with the pulse; cycles. Can you see any other parellels in the dream & get more specifics from the details?

Notice the bits of the dream which seem to be about how you would react in real life (Some people call this the "soulish" element). In this type of dream, I think it's helpful to distinguish those from the main dream message(s). Of couse there are still things to learn from those soulish pars as dreams can have many angles.