Monkeys in the Attic

Archived Dreams from 2016
lainey68
Gold Member

Monkeys in the Attic

Post by lainey68 »

I had this dream that there were monkeys and chimpanzees that lived in the attic above a room in my house (it was not the house I currently live in.) There was an opening in the ceiling in the room where the monkeys were. Somehow I knew they had established a "society" up there. I went in the room to close the opening, but got scared because I remembered that chimpanzees can be pretty ferocious at times.

I left the room. A little while later, my daughter said, 'Oh, look at the monkey!' There was a little Capuchin monkey in the room jumping around. Then, the little monkey had grown to about the size of a young child about 6 or 7, and had taken human facial characteristics. The monkey saw me, and just immediately came to me. It really wanted my love. It started talking to me and asking me questions. It started asking me questions about the bible and I read scripture to it. Then it went back in the room. I shut and locked the door because I was still afraid of the other monkeys. I came back to the kitchen, and the monkey was sitting there looking at me. I was startled, but then I woke up.

I kind of have an idea what this means, but would like to hear others' thoughts.
Carterman
Gold Member

Re: Monkeys in the Attic

Post by Carterman »

lainey68 wrote:I had this dream that there were monkeys and chimpanzees that lived in the attic above a room in my house (it was not the house I currently live in.) There was an opening in the ceiling in the room where the monkeys were. Somehow I knew they had established a "society" up there. I went in the room to close the opening, but got scared because I remembered that chimpanzees can be pretty ferocious at times.

I left the room. A little while later, my daughter said, 'Oh, look at the monkey!' There was a little Capuchin monkey in the room jumping around. Then, the little monkey had grown to about the size of a young child about 6 or 7, and had taken human facial characteristics. The monkey saw me, and just immediately came to me. It really wanted my love. It started talking to me and asking me questions. It started asking me questions about the bible and I read scripture to it. Then it went back in the room. I shut and locked the door because I was still afraid of the other monkeys. I came back to the kitchen, and the monkey was sitting there looking at me. I was startled, but then I woke up.

I kind of have an idea what this means, but would like to hear others' thoughts.
looks like theres some unruly thoughts in your mind (attic) that u have to speak truth to (read bible to monkey).
monkey could also mean u have mood swings or problem with emotions? u need to look at what goes on in your mind (attic). The monkeys and chimps being a society means the problem has gained strength in ur life.
Dream shows u need to speak love and truth to urself (reading bible means speaking truth).
other things monkeys symbolise are anxieties, doubt, a wandering or unfocused mind, mischievous behavior (monkey business), self deception
lainey68
Gold Member

Re: Monkeys in the Attic

Post by lainey68 »

Thank you! That is a great perspective, and I have been dealing with some emotional things/mood swings.