A flux capacitor

Archived Dreams from 2016
bella
Diamond Member

A flux capacitor

Post by bella »

I occasionally have dreams set in a share house I used to live in. This was one of them.

I didn't realise it was the house at first, because I was in a large conference room at a big table. Someone was presenting. There was a break and all the people at the table started chatting. I had an older lady at my left, a younger person at my right and others around. We were chatting, then the person at my right asked a question. Turned out to be the girl I used to live with in this house. She had a plastic bag on her lap with some things in it that looked coloured and half way between clear and opaque twisted tube pieces. She asked me if i knew what they were. She held the plastic down so I could see the bits better.

She explained that they were parts that had turned up at her work, and she didn't know where they belonged. But it seemed to be for some new piece of equipment they'd bought. She worked at the railway. I said why don't you ask Matthew (a mechanic). Matthew was sitting to her right, at the head of the table. He looked at them but didn't know what they were. She pulled one of the tube pieces out and I checked the tag. Eventually I said "look, it's for this machine". There was a picture on the label. "Do you recognise that machine?". She said no and then said something about just leaving it. I said "why don't you go and see the manager of the electricians; surely he'll know what that machine is, and can escalate it up to higher management if need be. Eventually they'll find someone who knows what this machine is". It seemed that this machine was a new thing they had bought for the railway. The girl was a bit complacent about it all, but I was thinking surely you would follow up on this because it seems important.

I was still holding one part and carrying it around with me to try to work it out. Eventually I said "I know what it is! It's a FLUX CAPACITOR". I walked back to my table to give her the part and tell her but she wasn't there. I was aware that I'd said it was a flux capacitor, a few times.

People were talking and sitting in our chairs in the break. The older lady who had been next to me was now in my seat. She didn't look right. I put here back in her seat and asked if she was OK. She wasn't. She said something about the air being too thin and she felt a bit off. I called out to people to help me open the windows and get some fresh air in for her.

I then saw another lady who looked familiar. Larger and more sturdy than the ill lady. I said do you live with her in this house? She said yes. I explained her friend was unwell and asked her to check on her.

Then I started walking through this house, looking at it, because I used to live there and I wanted to see what changes had happened. I came to a room at the middle side of the house. Twin guys were in there sitting on the floor with someone else. I introduced myself and said I used to live here and was just checking it out. One threw out his left hand to shake hands with me. It felt a bit awkward being the left hand, but I decided he mustn't be able to use his right hand.

I kept wandering and noticing all the changes. Small room on the right hand side of the house had some birds in it. Not caged. Finches. They were all huddled together and I wondered that they weren't all flying around or flying away. A couple of them were black and white with bands.

Then out in the lounge room, i noticed all the strange light fittings. All hand made and colourful glass. Usually with some animal shapes.

Then I went to the front of the house and looked out. Saw a now old red car parked on the front lawn. It was the same car of the room mate I'd lived with all those years ago, now with some dings in it.

I heard someone say to come back to the big room to the back because the next speaker was there. I went back to the conference room and was aware it was an older female speaker about to start. Christian conference.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In case anyone hasn't heard of it, a flux capacitor is from the movie Back to the Future and it's the main part of the DeLoreon time machine and "what makes time travel possible".
bella
Diamond Member

Re: A flux capacitor

Post by bella »

I posted that dream this morning. This afternoon i come home and check Facebook. There in my feed is a picture of the finches i saw in my dream. The photo is captioned "Double-barred finch sitting on bougainvillea in [location]". I haven't heard of that location so i look it up. It turns out it's just up the road from the town I was born in. My town is not well known, and I've never heard of the place up the road, so it must be really small (plus I was young when we left there).

I just find this curious, because I know this dream means something but at this point, i have no idea what.