cemetery on top of church

Archived Dreams from 2018
Ivy
Silver Member

cemetery on top of church

Post by Ivy »

Hi,

My husband dreamt that we were sitting on a bench at a cross street downtown. On one corner is a Catholic church, across the street is a graveyard. He saw graves on top of the church. Then his brother Dale walked into the church. Then I sat on my husband's lap and started getting intimate with him, and he was embarrassed and told me to get off.

I think that a cemetery on top of a church has some significance.
PastorJKG
Platinum Member

Re: cemetery on top of church

Post by PastorJKG »

What is Dale's relationship and experience with the Church? This may be the key.
Ivy
Silver Member

Post by Ivy »

Dale is not saved. He's a tough old egg. He thinks church is a joke. We have been praying for him.
PastorJKG
Platinum Member

Post by PastorJKG »

I believe the dream reveals some of Dale's hangups about church. Public intimacy (worship) is one of them. Perhaps he feels that worship is something to be between God and himself and that is ok, but we are to be part of a body and and also public confession of faith is essential to salvation. The graves over the church seem to imply deadness of religion. Unfortunately, many churches are not alive with spiritual power, but there are some very good churches out there. Perhaps when he has had experiences with church, they were the wrong kind of church for his needs. Pray that God will lead him to the right ministry and that God will deal with his heart in private.

Hope this helps
PastorJKG
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

to me graves on top of the church would indicate that he thinks the church is dead possibly
Ivy
Silver Member

Post by Ivy »

Thank you, Pastor JKG and BJ. I think your interpretations are Spirit led. 'Dead religion' seems to fit here. This is a call to pray for Dale, I'm sure. God is good.
lizzy
Bronze Member

Post by lizzy »

Does your husband and you do anything in the church? Does your husband have very close relationship with God? Dale means one who walks in the valley. Church with graves as others said is dead religion/legalism. And sitting on the bench is significant too. This dream might be more about your husband...