bells

Archives for 2007
Over the Moon with Joy

bells

Post by Over the Moon with Joy »

Last night I was awaken from sleep by the sound of bells. Beside my sleeping husband, there was no one in the room.

Wondering if anyone has any insight to what hearing bells might mean...it wasn't in a dream it was in my room over my head...soft tinkling bells.

In my life we are waiting on an adoption to Guatemala, currently this adoption is in crisis, due to the fact that the Guatemalan President is saying he is shutting down all adoptions out of the country. My heart is heavy and I had several bad dreams that I can't remember-but the bells woke me up -then no more bad dreams.

Kimmie
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Howdy,

God Bless you! My wife and I were looking into a Guatemalan adoption a few years ago. I pray that everything comes through in a timely fashion.

Whenever I heard bells, especially at night, it was often a call for intercession prayer. Depending on the timeliness of the prayer that is needed, I have even found it gets more intense. Once I was awoken by what I thought was a knock at the door, woke up and no knocking, back to sleep. Then the door bell, woke up and no door bell, back to sleep. Then the cell phone, woke up and no cell phone, OK, I get it, TIME TO PRAY. God wouldn't leave me alone until I got into prayer for a certain situation.

Hope this helps.

in Christ,
talitha

Post by talitha »

Kimmie - I was curious what kind of bells....

alarm bells
chapel bells
phone ringing
doorbell
handbells
etc.......

??
Over the Moon with Joy

Post by Over the Moon with Joy »

Talitha....it sound in between a hand bell and a jingle bell to me...it was a very gentle quiet ringing-not loud or alarming-but it was right over my head-above my bed, so it drew me (is drew a word,lol) out of sleep.

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted