Alaskan wilderness

Archives for 2008
Victorious
Gold Member

Alaskan wilderness

Post by Victorious »

I dreamed that my family had moved to Alaska temporarily. It was SO beautiful. Clear blue skies, fresh snow. My daughter wanted to go outside. I looked through the sliding glass door and said there's a dangerous wilderness out there. We have to be careful.

I knew we wouldn't live there long and I wanted to experience as much of the beauty of the state as possible, and take lots of photos.

ETA: I mentioned something about the "wilderness" twice in the dream.
Victorious
Gold Member

Post by Victorious »

I forgot to mention this part of the dream: I was wearing a woolen shirt-dress that was gray in color. Upon closer inspection, it was actually dark gray and white zig-zags. My mom offered me a pair of shoes - tan "earth shoes" that I own IRL. I shook my head "no" and selected a pair of slip-ons that matched the dress, only with wider zig-zags. This was apparently before going to Alaska.
Victorious
Gold Member

Post by Victorious »

Any thoughts on the dress/shoes? A few months ago, nearly a year after I had this dream, we moved across the country to a place that's not Alaska, but might as well be. The apartment we live in IRL (my husband rented it before I arrived) is the same as in the dream! The playground is right where I was looking in the dream, where my daughter wanted to play. My feelings when we first came here were the same as in the dream. But what could the dress and shoes mean???
Robert159347
Platinum Member

Post by Robert159347 »

Well, as far as the Alaska part, if that is what you think it is, then I will say that that is probably what it means. What's kind of funny though is that G-d told me and my family to move to Alaska also. He meant it literally for us though. I just wanted to say that you aren't exaggerating with your description, Alaska is incredibly beautiful. Anyway, about the dress, I might make the interpretation a little confusing, but I am going to try and explain it the best way that I can. So, if you don't understand let me know, and I'll try to make it clearer. The dress, I think, reflects you, as well as the shoes. The reason it was two lines, because you have two sides of you. The white one represents the righteous side, the side G-d wants you to be; the dark-gray side represents the warm side of you, that leans a little more towards cold (black), more than hot (white). The reason it was zig-zags because, the stripes depend on your ups and downs more than your white one day and gray another, if that makes sense. When you are happy you'll probably be white, and when you are depressed you'll probably go dark gray, or vice versa. The shoes represent your walk, and your mother is going to offer you a earthy or worldly walk, probably something like if you are a good person you'll go to heaven. You reject it and accept something that matches you and, since they were slip-ons, I think it means that it is something that can be slipped on and taken off without much effort, if that makes sense. Again, if you don't understand some part of this let me know, and I'll try to make it clearer or be more specific in some areas. I know I probably made it a little confusing.
"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." Gal 2:20
Victorious
Gold Member

Post by Victorious »

Well I am not certain what the Alaska part meant, but the similarities are amazing.

Thank you so much - I completely understand what you are saying about the dress and the shoes. But that certainly wouldn't be the walk my mother would offer me. Perhaps my mother represented someone else.
shesthedreamer
Gold Member

Post by shesthedreamer »

I was born and raised in Alaska and it is the most gorgeous state I've been to and I have been to most of these United States. It is also known as the last frontier and is pretty much nothing but wilderness. Wilderness to christians is usually not fun because you don't hear from God much and you have to rely on your faith to get past the wilderness point. Like Jesus when he went into the wilderness with the devil, he was tested and tempted but spoke the word of God. Good thing you knew you weren't going to be in the wilderness for long and you new how to enjoy the beauty while you were there albeit dangerous.
Collosians 3:16
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.