Wouldn't Wear the Belt. . .

Archives for 2008
liveoutloudster
Gold Member

Wouldn't Wear the Belt. . .

Post by liveoutloudster »

I had a really bizarre dream last night and while I can't remember the beginning very well, I know that I had opted to store my wedding dress outside in this parking lot. We (my husband and I) had taken a short cut and put my dress (on a mannequin that looked identical to me) in a covered parking lot (like one of those underground ones).

The next day when I went to "check on it" the entire train had been virtually ruined. . . it was full of grime and moisture. I was obviously upset with this and was walking towards it to remove it and try to get it repaired when my pants started falling down. . . they were too big. A girl that was my friend in the dream (but I don't know in real life) offered me a belt, but I wouldn't take it.

If anyone has any interpretations, please let me know. I think the belt may be related to the "armor of God" and the belt of truth, and think that it could be connected with my meeting yesterday. . .
grace_full1
Diamond Member

Post by grace_full1 »

The belt stood out to me as well.

The belt of truth was my first thought as well. Your belt is what held things together, it's what you tucked your tunic into when you were going to run. It holds your tools and weapons.

consider...
Is there someone who has offered (or is going to offer) you truth (Like a spoken word/advise?) into a situation that could help you hold things up or together??? (To avoid a potentially embarrassing situation?) That you didn't take? (or should take to avoid?)

If it doesn't ring true please disregard.
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
~ Romans 15:13

Grace_full1
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

liveoutloudster,
Please consider with prayer:
I had a really bizarre dream last night and while I can't remember the beginning very well, I know that I had opted to store my wedding dress outside in this parking lot. We (my husband and I) had taken a short cut and put my dress (on a mannequin that looked identical to me) in a covered parking lot (like one of those underground ones).
I believe this may be about putting off things you have promised to do. The mannequin could be as a substitute you. Not sure if the parking lot was underground in the dream or if you are just using that as an example. If it was in the dream it may represent that the putting off is hidden.

The next day when I went to "check on it" the entire train had been virtually ruined. . . it was full of grime and moisture. I was obviously upset with this and was walking towards it to remove it and try to get it repaired when my pants started falling down. . . they were too big. A girl that was my friend in the dream (but I don't know in real life) offered me a belt, but I wouldn't take it.
I believe this part may be a warning from the Holy Spirit that this is what will happen if the situation continues. The promise will become tainted and you will loose you pants. I am seeing the girl as offering to help "gird" you up but you don't think you will be needing her help.

Interp: I think this dream may be about a circumstance that you have commited to but delayed. It may be that the Lord is letting you know what will happen if you continue. The girl I believe is there to help and I feel like is sent by Him.

Please pray and discard if this doesn't witness to you.

Blessings,
Joy