Praying Naked

Archives for 2008
bjcollin
Site Owner

Praying Naked

Post by bjcollin »

In this dream I had this morning 11/4/08, I was at my parents house in San Antonio. I was in the living room with Noah and we were relaxing and watching a little TV. I needed to go take a shower, so I left Noah in the living room watching TV and told him that if his friends came to the door that he could answer it, but if it was anybody else to come and get me.

In the next scene I was in the shower enjoying the water when I heard the door bell ring. The next thing I know Noah was telling me that I needed to hurry and see who was at the door. So I came to the living room still naked and dripping wet as fast as I could following him. When I got to the door, I stood behind it and cracked it a little bit so i could stick only my head through and see who was at the door.

To my utter surprise it was 15-20 black people and they were all naked and all holding hands in a circle praying in the middle of my parents front yard. They were wanting me to come out and be prayed for. They were wanting to pray over me some verses which I knew were from Revelation. I did not feel comfortable going outside and I knew being naked in public just was not right for a Christian group. So I opened the door all the way so that there was only the glass storm door between me and them, and I told them that although I was already dressed as they were for the occasion that I would have to decline the offer and I started closing the door on them.

When I closed the door on them, I put on a pair of jogging shorts and ran to the kitchen to pick up the telephone and dial 911. As I was picking up the telephone I started rehersing just what I would say to the operator. I planned on saying "hello this is Brian Collins at 215 east hutchins, there are 15-20 naked black people on my lawn, isn't there some law against public nudity like indecenty or something?" As I was fixing to dial the numbers, my dad came into the kitchen from his bedroom and put his hand on the phone clicker to hang it up. I looked to the window and I saw that the black people had left from our lawn and either scattered in the neighborhood or had moved to the next house. My dad and I then started talking and he told me that his mother had blessed him with the same verses in Revelation when he was a little boy. *dream ended* and I woke up.

After reflection on the dream, I noticed that even for all the nakedness in the dream that it was done in very good taste. I didn't even once in the dream see any body parts that I was not supposed to see. It was like those parts were either masked like when they blur them on TV or that they were not there because I did not notice them at all in the dream. The important part of that was just that they and I was naked. I did pray to the Lord before bedtime about a home fellowship church that I want to open up in a couple weeks. I also received a very powerful prophetic word this past weekend at a church we were visiting at. I did not understand what verses that were being spoken in the dream, but after reflection and prayer this morning I feel that the verses were Revelation 3:20-22. Any help greatly appreciated. Thank you.

in Christ,
eagle
Platinum Member

Post by eagle »

Long story short what I was getting your were in a place of refuge (parent's home and even the name Noah). THe washig made me think of washing with the word. Do you feel that perhaps maybe there is some complacency on your part? The fellowship is good and all but we also need intimate times with the Lord also, are you presently spending that time with Him? (Not necessarily for you to tell me just throwing some thoughts to ponder). Perhaps also a generational thing. God may be opening up an invitation to you but somehow maybe you are caught up with other things.
Many nations will come and say, "Come and let us go up
to the mountain of the LORD And to the house of the God of Jacob, That He may teach us about His ways And that we
may walk in His paths." Mic 4:2
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

BJcolin...I haven't time jsut now to post all that comes to me on this dream...I believe it is a trememndously important one both for you but maybe also on a corporate level.

The one thing I will flag up for now is that Catherine Brown has jsut posted today a word for USA based around "behold I stand at the door and knock"...your verses from Revelation. I copy a potrion below...the rest is available at www.Gatekeepers.org:

“AMERICA – I STAND AT THE DOOR AND KNOCK”

“Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me. To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”” Rev 3:19-22

My dear friends,
On this momentous day for America I exhort you to remember to pray for the US elections.
May this article stir you to prayer on America’s behalf. I had originally intended to publish the article in two parts but because of the Presidential election I have decided to post this rather long article today in its entirety.
God bless America and may America bless God.
Your sister and friend
Catherine Brown

During the fourth watch of the night (Monday 13 into the early hours of Tuesday 14 October 2008) I was awakened to hear the Spirit of the Lord repeat the following phrase on three distinct occasions: “America – I stand at the door and knock.”
When I rose in the morning I recorded what God had spoken, anticipating the fullness of interpretation in God’s perfect timing.

Three days later I was wakened again during the final watch of the night with a burden to pray for America deep within me. I rose at 4.30 a.m. to wait with the Lord. During this period God spoke to me about Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda and the USA. For now, I will share with a focus on the United States, which God brought to me from Revelations 3 and Psalm 37.

Jesus words, “I stand at the door and knock” are spoken to the church at Laodicea, which the Lord said was lukewarm, being neither hot nor cold. Jesus exhorted this church to have eyes to see from His perspective and ears to hear His words. He called the Laeodiceans to respond to His words in a spirit of humility and repentance and to be re-awakened to holy passion and righteousness. It is from this foundation that I have interceded for a spirit of repentance to sweep across the States and for a spiritual awakening to turn the tide for America and the nations of the earth.

I have a reputation for being a woman of compassion and mercy; in writing this article I have not moved from this Christ-centred stance. I would wish to state up front that I love America, both the land and the people. I believe America is a forerunner continent and there is much within her shores that God has blessed. There are righteous men and women of God who are living sacrificial lives for the Gospel’s sake. However, there are also many issues that stand in contention to God’s will. This situation is not unique to the USA as sadly many other nations are in a similar position. As a forerunner nation it is not unreasonable to suggest that America may therefore experience God’s blessing for obedience and also God’s wrath for disobedience before other nations will.

I stand with my American brothers and sisters for God’s kingdom to come and touch every state in the US. Notwithstanding my love for the US, I must be obedient and deliver what I believe in some respects is a strong warning from the Lord for those who will not repent, whilst at the same time being a tremendous word of encouragement and edification for those who revere and honour His name particularly during this time of financial uncertainty. I humbly ask you to open your heart to the Holy Spirit and allow Him to communicate the divine mandate contained herein. My intention is to build you up in love, not knock you down. May the Spirit of wisdom and revelation guide each one of us for the glory of our Lord.

I may be back with more later....

charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Thank you Charlie. I do not want to discount the corporate level intrepretation as that could be part of the dream as well. I had not yet seen that particular word other than in title only in another thread. However, when I awoke from the dream I had a feeling it was of a more personal in nature. Personally when I woke up I felt that it was pertaining to a prophetic call on my life and maybe I have not been embracing it fully and openly as the Lord wants me to. I have been accused of being a bit slow in this area, but I want to be sure it is the Lord pushing me and not me in my own strength. Due to this dream I had to move from our bed to the living room early at 520a this morning to record the dream in my journal and pray about it. Most of the prayers were along the lines of repentance to God for pushing away His call and not recognizing it for what it is. Hope this helps. Thank you for the detailed reply.

in Christ,
Charys
Diamond Member

Post by Charys »

Brian,
As I prayed about this I thought of the phrase "naked and not ashamed" describing Adam and Eve in Gen 2:24 The nakedness you described was not sexual or shameful ("in very good taste") It was just unexpected and outside of your usual experience.

I think as a result of this time of purification many in the church are going through, there will be an increased sense of intimacy with the Lord where we have nothing to hide, nothing to disguise, nothing that is not completely exposed before him. As we accept His covering we can learn to live more transparently with some of our brothers and sisters in Christ as well. Living without shame could change our behaviour enormously!

As for the people in your dream being black, this may be outside of my cultural experience since most of us here in my northern mountain town are vanilla-flavoured, and this may make more sense to a person living in the south, but perhaps it has to do with dropping ethnic and racial separations. Could God be calling you to a black church fellowship? Could he be showing you, like Peter with his vision of the sheet full of non-Kosher food, that there are no barriers anymore?
...that I might know Him...
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Charys,

Interesting, the past 3 churches we have visited to have been churches of color. I am not very picky and I have always been very comfortable with mixed races in a church. God has even showed me in a past dream preaching in a predominantely black church and I thought it came to pass last month when I preached at a church in Lancaster TX, maybe it has yet to come as well and has a further meaning yet to be found. Thank you, I will ponder on that and pray.

in Christ,
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Eagle,

Thank you. I believe you are right on my parents house which is the house I grew up in representing a place of refuge. That house as a symbol in my dreams also often represents spiritual heritage. My 9yo son Noah in my dreams often represents the Holy Spirit within me and I think my dad in this dream is somewhat representative of Father God and of the voice of wisdom. I spend a good amount of time right now with the Lord for my busy schedule, but it could always be more time and I and he always want it to be more time. Maybe that is why he likes to wake me up earlier than I like to get up. Between 40+ hours a week for work, a few hours a week for Cub Scouts and my son's basketball, there is ministry school at CFNI to be studied for almost every night and then if I preach on a Sunday I need study time to prepare for that as well. Definately busy. I desire and could always use more time with the Lord. I did not feel that this dream was about this, but it could have some implications in that area as well. I will consider it in prayer. Thank you.

in Christ,
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

Hi again Brian....what I had wanted to offer earlier but did not have time was this:

I sensed that this was a very positive dream in terms of your calling but that it identified resistance on your part which was based on fear perhaps a fear of what was permissible and a fear of what others may think.

I think that the showering represented a stripping back adn cleansing which you had undergone which may represent your devotional time with the Lord which has laid you bare so to speak in a kind of humility. The group of nude black people at your door was to me a wonderful picture of childlike purity and humble innocence...they were reaching out to bless you but...and here is where you may disagree...YOUR FLESH KICKED IN AND DOUBTED AND BECAME LEGALISTIC (oooooh...I'm expert at that bit myself! :oops: ) but your Father spoke to that legalism and reassured you of His Promise.

In short this dream seems to represent a paradigm shift in your ministry which requires a new level of spirit led understanding, a new level of vulnerability under the cleansing direction of the Lord and a moving away form "safe legalism" (I agree with someone earlier who mentioned Peter's paradigm shifting experience with the "unclean" meat on the rooftop, just before Cornelius the gentile called for him).

Again..as I write I am impressed by how key this dream is to your maturing ministry through Christ in whom there is neither jew nor gentile...

Please discard the clanging gong bits!

Bless you greatly
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
Jehu
Diamond Member

Post by Jehu »

This is a dream about redemption. Nakedness is the restoration of how we started(naked and unashamed). God is doing something special with black people. Barak Obama becoming president makes them feel free to be themselves. You were in the shower wich means God has been preparing you for this time. Your son Noah was your bridge for this experience. Jesus said before his Day it would be as in the day of Noah. You are now in a perfect place to join in, becuase you are naked to. Wich means you have been prepared.
"For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee."