Playstation Games and Violence

Archives for 2008
Missyjojo88
Platinum Member

Playstation Games and Violence

Post by Missyjojo88 »

My brother has a playstation game where one can interact online with other players. In the game you can get into different color teams and compete to see who can kill the most people from opposite teams. You can drive cars, scooters, motorcycles. You can have all different types of weapons from sniper guns to grenades, and rocket guns. I feel that this game is there to prepare these kids for either the army or gang war. I observe him playing this game sometimes and I told him that these games can contribute to violence in the real world. He told me he wasn't stupid and that he would not go out and shoot anyone that this was just a game.

Not long, I dreamed that I was coming from a store when I saw my brother in a scooter. I caught a ride in the back of him when two scooters came beside us. One had a guy another had a guy with a girl in the back. Once they got near us they partially pulled out their guns towards us. My brother also partially pulled out his gun. I was pretty angry seen this. One of the guys said, " This is not him." They realize my brother wasn't the guy they were looking for. Once they spotted this guy with blue jeans, the two guys and my brother pursue him with their guns.

When we got home I told my parents everything that happened. With the guys having guns including my brother. I was angry with my brother asking him why he would do that. I was telling him even though in the play station games you can die and come back alive again that in the real world when you die you are place in a dark coffin into the ground like this kid who recently died and was on the news whose parents went to my church ( He used to go to church, but got killed delivering something in a store for his job). I was telling my brother he shouldn't ride on Sunday anymore. I felt that the street was dangerous and it was better to drive in a car than a scooter. My father who was still there told my brother who look like he was about to cry if he wanted help with this addiction. It seems like my brother genuine wanted to stop playing this playstation game again.

I understand what the dream is saying mostly. But I wonder what Sunday meant, when I said don't go out on Sundays anymore? I also wonder what God is telling me to do from this dream? is he telling me to talk to my brother again or pray for him? My younger brother is a high school senior and he is very hard headed.