Stuck in Dream Slavery

Archives for 2008
visionarydreamer

Stuck in Dream Slavery

Post by visionarydreamer »

I have a reocurring dream that I'm in slavery. It wasn’t back in the day slavery but present day. In my dream I was on a ship surrounded by all of my friends.....it seemed that we all were happy but we were slaves, how could we have been happy with that? Anyway, in my dream I was walking through the ship set up to be killed by a firing squad...the firing squad consisted of men, most of which I had had a relationship with in the past....we all had blank looks. My dream ended by me trying to escape my fate, until I realized it was no way out so I called my parents told them I loved them, I was about to die and I accepted that. I then walked in front the firing squad and right before I was about to face my death I woke up.

I began having this dream in 2001....recently I went on a missions trip to Africa, a pastor there told me that he saw that the people I had entertwined myself with previously were still holding on and heavily connecting thereselves to me...I was sure this was connected with the dream and we prayed together however since the dream is reocurring I wanted to post this to see if anyone could get anything in the spirit concerning it.
eagle
Platinum Member

Post by eagle »

Visionary just a few thoughts that come to my mind:

count it all joy and although we are free we are love/bondslaves to Christ you might say. There was a brief teaching regarding being a love slave in biblical times it was a voluntary act by the person. The other thing is that Jesus told Peter that he would be taken in a sense his destiny would result in death. Not saying yours will but I wonder if the Lord is saying to completely give yourself to His will. Don't resist. I say this because you knew or believed you knew what your fate was and was trying to escape it even though you were happy.

The other thought which just came to me is this that even though it doesn't make sense why some people stay in bondage it is a comfort level for us (Happy). It's not a real happiness it is just something we may accept because it seems like we never are going to get out from it. I know people who say they are not ready to give their lives to the Lord and in their case because they just want to continue to flesh out and delve in sin. That doesn't make sense to us because we have come to the truth but to them it is happiness. So it could be just that you settled for a comfort zone and don't see a way out of it, you want to get out from it but just don't know how. I don't think this is the case but just something to ponder about.
Many nations will come and say, "Come and let us go up
to the mountain of the LORD And to the house of the God of Jacob, That He may teach us about His ways And that we
may walk in His paths." Mic 4:2
talitha

Post by talitha »

I agree that what the man saw was connected to the dream.

What comes to mind is soul ties - here is a very simple article about it:

http://www.greatbiblestudy.com/soulties.php

bless you!
tal