The Drive

Archives for 2008
Michael
Bronze Member

The Drive

Post by Michael »

My 10 yer old son told me this dream he had last nite...

There are 3 straight single lane roads all parallel, all headed
in the same direction. We're calmly enjoying an uneventful
drive on the center road which has very limited traffic.
The roads to either side have much heavier traffic but are
moving smoothly.
As we drive the road appears flat when out of no where is a
hill, a very steep hill which allows to see only sky through the windshield.
As we ascend, the drive becomes more difficult and
the road narrows, to the point it feels as though the car will fall over backwards if we keep going.
Something in the road grabs the front end of the car and helps
us to crest the top. Once over the top the backside is as steep
as the front and we actually leave the roads surface and free fall, nose
first toward the bottom, just before impact the car levels out
and we touch down on all 4 wheels and continue along on our straight comfortable drive.
Steven remembers looking from side to side and wondering why the traffic on the other roads had come to a stop when there
were no difficulties on those roads,
they had just come to a stop.

open to any ideas
Michael
eagleswings
Silver Member

Post by eagleswings »

Wow! This is such a profound dream for one so young. I think its awesome that God speaks like this to the little ones.
Has your son accepted Christ in his life?
If he hasn’t, then I believe that God is placing the choice before him.
If he has, then I believe that God is showing him a very vivid picture of a life in Christ.

I will try to explain what I see:
The very first sentence reminds me of something Oprah Winfrey said “All roads (religions) lead to God.” Her statement is steering many people in the wrong direction. As we well know, some roads can lead to hell. There is only one way to God and that is through believing and receiving Jesus Christ (the one true living God).
Jhn 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
The road is symbolic to one’s direction/path in life. Three straight single roads all parallel speak of an even playing field. We all start off the same way for we are all born into sin.
Psa 51:5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
But then we have choices to make.
Jer 21:8 And unto this people thou shalt say, Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I set before you the way of life, and the way of death.
Pro 12:28 In the way of righteousness [is] life; and [in] the pathway [thereof there is] no death.

So we either choose a life with Christ, or a life without Him.

You are on the center road, which has limited traffic. Although God desires that all be saved, not everyone will choose Him.
Jhn 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Mat 18:14 Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.

The outer lanes both have heavier traffic and appear to be moving smoothly. These roads appear to be the more popular choice and things seem to be moving smoothly in their lives.
Psa 73:12 Behold, these [are] the ungodly, who prosper in the world; they increase [in] riches.

The hill represents climbing higher in the Lord. As you move closer to the Lord, there will be challenges and trials.
Psa 24:3 Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place?
Psa 24:4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
Psa 24:5 He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.
Psa 24:6 This [is] the generation of them that seek him, that seek thy face, O Jacob. Selah.

The road narrows – you are on the right path.
Isa 35:8 And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it; but it [shall be] for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err [therein].
Mat 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide [is] the gate, and broad [is] the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Mat 7:14 Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Luk 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Something in the road grabs the car…this is the Holy Spirit, our Helper.
Free-fall…I believe this represents faith and trusting in the Lord.
Jhn 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any [man] pluck them out of my hand.
Jhn 10:29 My Father, which gave [them] me, is greater than all; and no [man] is able to pluck [them] out of my Father's hand.

Traffic on the other roads has come to a stand still…this represents life without Christ…death.
Deu 30:15 See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil;
Jhn 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

I believe that this dream applies to your whole family as your son was not in the car alone.
Act 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Blessings!
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Michael
Bronze Member

Post by Michael »

E...

To answer your question... Yes, he has infact accepted Christ.
I too thought it profound for a child to given such a dream, yet
it was done. I'm inclined to believe the revelation you were given
is highly accurate.

Blessings,
Michael[/i]
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Howdy,

I see this dream as a tough up hill battle just ahead in his walk. The teen years are often like that. However, if he keeps grounded in God and keeps looking to heaven and maintains his relationship with Jesus Christ, then the Lord will keep him grounded and keep him safe throughout it all. Thats the simple version as I see it. Hope it helps.

in Christ,
eagleswings
Silver Member

Post by eagleswings »

May God continue to bless your son.
Jhn 19:18 "Where they crucified him, and two other with him, on either side one, and Jesus in the midst". (I was looking for this scripture earlier to include in the interp and couldn't find it.)
Your son may find that he will have to make decisions that will not always be popular. But tell him to remember to let Jesus always be the center of his joy!
Blessings!
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Michael
Bronze Member

Post by Michael »

BJ said on 12/19...
(I see this dream as a tough up hill battle just ahead in his walk)

eagleswings said on 12/19...
(Your son may find that he will have to make decisions that will not always be popular)

You may never know just how accurate your answers have been...

Yes, he is now engaged in an 'up hill battle' and may well have to make a very 'unpopular decision' due to the actions and rationale of a family member finalized on Dec 19.

Michael