Lance's Funeral

Archives for 2008
Joy2dream

Lance's Funeral

Post by Joy2dream »

I was attending a funeral for Lance. My mother was with me and some others I am not sure of but they were family members. The funeral was being held in a gymnasium type room and we were looking for bleacher seats. Finally we sat down from a woman I know named Sebrena and we had to move some clothing that had been left there.

I knew Lance had been killed in an accident but it was not work related.

My Pastor came to what was to be the pulpit to begin the service. He was very weak (IRL he has been very ill for some time now). There were men there by his side just in case he needed them.

I could see Lance's family seated near the front. There was a black man with short hair and it was pulled in tight curls close to his head. (mentioning this because he really stood out in the dream) He leaned to and said something to Lance's uncle and then turned back and looked at the crowd, smiling.

Lance's mother got up and was walking toward us. I thought she may be coming to get us to set with the family.

I am now seeing outside and there is a portion of the parking lot partioned off for a marching band. I thought oh the band is coming because Lance was in the band in high school and they are going to honor him by marching.

A man comes in and he is from one of the branches of the Military. He has this pressure hose in his hand. He is supposed to do something in the funeral also. (Lance is not in the military, however his father was) So while waiting the military man see things that need to be cleaned up and he is going to tidy the place a bit with the pressure hose. This didn't seem odd at all in the dream. He is demonstrating the hose for us and telling us how powerful it is. He sprays a painted (whitish I think) paneled door and the paint on it begins to draw up and I know it is just going to peel off. He sprays other things that also begin to draw up and peel off.

My Pastor is on the stage/make shift pulpit and he has this display. The display is like one found in department stores that have cards, jewelry, etc. on it and it spins on a base. On the display are things from Lance's life they are displayed behind plastic. T-shirts, mementos of all the things Lance was in during his life and Pastor is pointing and speaking about them. I know Lance's mom has prepared this.

During this dream I hear the word lichen spoken to me. When I awoke the word lichen was spoken to me just prior to waking.

Blessings,
Joy
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Post by WaitingforHim »

Joy, this is what my book says for the name Lance in case it may help you.

Culteral Origin: German
Inherent Meaning: From the Land
Spiritual Connotation: Witness
Scripture: Acts 13:47
For this is as the Lord commanded us when he said, I have made you a light to the Gentiles, to bring salvation to the farthest corners of the Earth.

Praying for the fullness to come to you as you pray also. Feeling this may be for your church and a time of cleansing that is coming upon this body that will stip away any false coverings or things that aren't of Him. A death to self for the church. I also dreamed of washing walls last night in what seemed to be the church. And as I was doing this the paint was coming off the walls...???? hmm.

Love you sis.
WFH
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

I also dreamed of washing walls last night in what seemed to be the church. And as I was doing this the paint was coming off the walls...???? hmm.
That is interesting.

I was seeing Lance as a spear. As in burry the hatchet type thing.
In an odd way I am seeing the dream as a good thing.

Blessings,
Joy
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

:mrgreen:
naveah
Diamond Member

Post by naveah »

ORIGIN AND HISTORY
The origin of the name Sabrina is a bit complicated. Some sources describe it as being of Celtic origin, in association with an Arthurian-era myth. It is the Latin version of the name of an English river, Severn, originally Habren in the Welsh language. In the myth, Sabrina/Habren is the illegitimate daughter of Locrian, King of England, and she is ordered by the Queen to be drowned in the river. In tribute to this tragedy, the river was to bear the child’s name. The name Sabrina is used in this myth as early as the first century CE. The meaning “boundary line” derives from the strategic importance of the River Severn in Roman and Saxon colonization. [1] The English meaning “royal child” may refer to the mythological Sabrina’s status as the daughter of an English king.

But there is another story of the name’s origin: it may be said to be a pet form of the name Sabra, which refers to the fruit of a prickly pear cactus (Opuntia ficus-indica). This type of cactus is common in Israel, and the term Sabra is a nickname for native Israelis. The cactus fruit has a tough and thorny outer layer and a soft sweet inner layer; the nickname alludes to characteristics of the Israeli people. [2]

still waiting
Naveah
And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.Isaiah 6:7
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

The lady in the dream Sebrina IRL I do usually set in the row to her left. I set in the first row of seats and she and family set in the second row as you come in the door. Also I went to school with her for 12 years. She's a person I've known for 45 years but I'm not very close to at all. I'm not sure why she was there yet. But won't throw your offering away :wink: Especially the part re:Jews.

Hugs,
Joy
Lily_Rose_Song
Gold Member

Post by Lily_Rose_Song »

Hi Joy,

When I read this dream it immediately "hit" me that Lance was not a guy, he was a "lance," like the weapon. Then I read your comments that you thought it was a like a hatchet, or a "bury the hatchet" kind of thing. Confirmation! :D

Here are my ideas ... take them to Papa in prayer, as always. :wink:

I suspect Sabrina is there - at least in part - because her presence shows that this is about the church you attend.

I suspect that the military guy could be an army angel on assignment who is sent to remove the "white wash" (paint) from the door, so a clear view of the opportunity (or transition) is seen. (what opportunity I know not yet thereof :wink: )

I suspect the marching band is an "honors guard," just as the plastic covered store display is a "display of honor."

Lichen, eh? Don't cha just love it when the HS does that ... hits you with a "mystery word"?! LOLOL :lol: Here's something from a web page that might give you a clue as to its meaning, “What is a Lichen ??” http://www.earthlife.net/lichens/lichen.html at which site you can learn more than you ever cared to about lichen. “A lichen is a symbiosis. That means that it is two or more organisms living together such that both are more successful within the partnership than they would have been if they were living on their own.” They are mutually beneficial, and it is believed that some lichen and/or the fungi they "bed" with, wouldn't survive without the other.

I've got some other "ideas" but I'm still praying about them. I'll post more if Papa gives me revelation or understanding.

More hugs,
Lily
"...All things are possible to him who believes." Mark 9:23b
Lily_Rose_Song
Gold Member

Post by Lily_Rose_Song »

Hey Joy,

Thot I'd resurrect "Lance" for a moment or two. :lol: The Holy Spirit gave me this for you a while back ... sorry it's taken me so long to post. :oops:

This dream is about.... (drummmmmm rollllllllllll)

An end to a time of battling and struggling, and a new time--a new opportunity--being revealed to worship the LORD in simplicity and truth.

And my thots....Great honor will come to those who lay down and bury their weapons of the past--even honor in this life (the plastic display case).

Tha-a-tha-a-that's all for now folks. :mrgreen: Rest in peace.... again....Lance. :wink:
Lily
"...All things are possible to him who believes." Mark 9:23b
Warrior Princess
Diamond Member

Post by Warrior Princess »

Lots of scripture on whitewash, which is what came to mind when you mentioned the white paint peeling off the door. I agree, sounds like cleansing. Someone gave me Ezekiel 13 the other day, hmm...
~Warrior Princess
"Now come the days of the king."
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

Yup. You are correct. It is however a dream for my church.
Send up a prayer for me to have wisdom if/when I have to deliver this to my Pastor.

I really like that secret weapon the power washer.

Lance cannot RIP, sorry............. :mrgreen: Cos in this dream he is representing the sword of the Lord, the Word.

Love you Lily!
Joy
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

Warrior Princess.
It' more like a hidden power that when all the "shindig" of the funeral is over that the Holy Spirit will send this angel in with the power hose. He was only showing me a small bit of the power of the secret weapon.

The door looked more like if you ever strip old paint how it will begin to wrinkle and pull. I knew that it would just fall off. So things that have been keeping the doors closed and off limits because of a bad covering will be opened.

I prophesied over my Pastor Wednesday night and part of it was that a new awareness was coming to him. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
All this while he was getting his feet washed, LOL< LOL!!!
Warrior Princess
Diamond Member

Post by Warrior Princess »

That's what I was thinking, the uncovering thing. :)
~Warrior Princess
"Now come the days of the king."