Facing a New Year

Archives for 2009
Joy72

Facing a New Year

Post by Joy72 »

I had a dream a few days ago that has weighed heavily on my mind. Please help me know what the Lord is saying to me!

My husband and I (who are pastors) were in a church sanctuary- which looked like it might be a nice storefront. It had a glass front door located to the left of the pulpit when facing it.

The congregation area faced the pulpit and front door. And the congregation area was covered with a thick richly colored canopy, making that area shaded from the bright flourescent lights.

There were several folks present in the dream with my husband and myself. Some of the folks were members of former churches that we have pastored. Some were unknown to me. These former members had been strong workers and supporters of our ministry in the past.

We were all in the process of removing Christmas decorations. In their place, we were placing fish hooks of varied sizes- 4+". There was a real excitement in the air as we decorated. The feeling was that we were decorating with symbols of a message that had been sent of God.

2 ladies, unknown to me, were busy making a kind of shield to be hung behind the pulpit. On the shield they were mounting a large fish hook (maybe 24-30" long). And my husband was busy bringing in things for the next service and preparing for ministry.

I do understand that the fish hooks are symbolizing God's references in the Bible to "fishers of men". And because we have such a heart for souls- I believe this means that God is telling us in this new year to prepare for a harvest of souls. Any other ideas?

On the other hand, the rich colored canopy (deep burgandy and green) over the congregation, the placement of the front door, and the meaning of the shield truly have me puzzled. If you can help........ I would most appreciate your insight.
talitha

Re: Facing a New Year

Post by talitha »

Joy72 wrote:My husband and I (who are pastors) were in a church sanctuary- which looked like it might be a nice storefront. It had a glass front door located to the left of the pulpit when facing it.

The congregation area faced the pulpit and front door.
This part reminds me of a message I heard about a year ago by a pastor who had recently moved to new home facing the ocean. He noticed that his home was not oriented to the street, nor was his living room oriented to a fireplace or an entertainment center - no, it was all about the view. He said that he wanted his church to be like that, so that people would have an outward focus. Seems like that's a direction for you.....
And the congregation area was covered with a thick richly colored canopy, making that area shaded from the bright flourescent lights.
A covering of prayer? of favor and protection from God? The fluorescent lights are harsh - counterfeit light - possibly symbolizing deception - so the covering protects the people from deception? ohhh this scripture just came to mind, a familiar one...
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
Will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
(Ps.91:1 NASB)
Also a canopy is like a tabernacle....
For in the day of trouble He will conceal me in His tabernacle;
In the secret place of His tent He will hide me;
He will lift me up on a rock.
(Psalm 27:5)
There were several folks present in the dream with my husband and myself. Some of the folks were members of former churches that we have pastored. Some were unknown to me. These former members had been strong workers and supporters of our ministry in the past.

I just think this part shows that this is about your ministry, and it's a positive message.... also makes this feel like a really safe place, I'd think....
We were all in the process of removing Christmas decorations.

This puts the time in the present season, wouldn't you say?

In their place, we were placing fish hooks of varied sizes- 4+". There was a real excitement in the air as we decorated. The feeling was that we were decorating with symbols of a message that had been sent of God.
Soooo cool!! I think you are correct about what these fish-hooks symbolize!
2 ladies, unknown to me, were busy making a kind of shield to be hung behind the pulpit.
This reminds me of this scripture:
Behold our shield, O God,
And look upon the face of Your anointed.
(Psalm 84:9)
I personally believe that here the "shield" and the "anointed" were talking about the same thing - the king of Israel - and that the "kings" in the Church are those in leadership positions, such as your husband, which would explain the placement of the shield behind the pulpit.
On the shield they were mounting a large fish hook (maybe 24-30" long).
This is roughy 6-8 times the size of the other ones..... to me the large one behind the pulpit and the small ones elsewhere show that the fisher-of-men anointing that characterizes your husband's ministry also falls upon your church, at least in the coming year - I agree that this is about the coming year in your ministry......

bless you
tal
WaitingforHim
Diamond Member

Re: Facing a New Year

Post by WaitingforHim »

Joy72 wrote:I had a dream a few days ago that has weighed heavily on my mind. Please help me know what the Lord is saying to me!

My husband and I (who are pastors) were in a church sanctuary- which looked like it might be a nice storefront. It had a glass front door located to the left of the pulpit when facing it.
Wondering if this could be the home of your future ministry? In a place that is highly visible to the world? It would be like market place ministry! :mrgreen:

The congregation area faced the pulpit and front door. And the congregation area was covered with a thick richly colored canopy, making that area shaded from the bright flourescent lights.

Wondering if the congregation that the Lord is bringing to you will be ones that don't want the light shining on them...meaning, they are the ones that wouldn't normally go in a church? Seeing that He is preparing the ministry for such a people.
Perhaps the Lord is showing you that you will have some that were previously with you in the past come along side you in the future to aid you in ministry. And some will be ones that He brings to you that you don't know yet.

We were all in the process of removing Christmas decorations. In their place, we were placing fish hooks of varied sizes- 4+". There was a real excitement in the air as we decorated. The feeling was that we were decorating with symbols of a message that had been sent of God.
Oh I loved this! I was seeing that you will remove all things that you would normally see in church. Meaning this ministry will operate only on what is sent from the Lord. Seeing that you will have hooks in place to catch the fish as they come in. But the bait(decorations) that are hanging on them won't be the usual preaching sermons..but will be only the messages that are downloaded to you from the Lord. Seeing a prophetic church here!
2 ladies, unknown to me, were busy making a kind of shield to be hung behind the pulpit. On the shield they were mounting a large fish hook (maybe 24-30" long). And my husband was busy bringing in things for the next service and preparing for ministry.
Could these ladies be angels putting into place the things that your husband will need to protect him and keep him in this ministry?
I do understand that the fish hooks are symbolizing God's references in the Bible to "fishers of men". And because we have such a heart for souls- I believe this means that God is telling us in this new year to prepare for a harvest of souls. Any other ideas?

On the other hand, the rich colored canopy (deep burgandy and green) over the congregation, the placement of the front door, and the meaning of the shield truly have me puzzled. If you can help........ I would most appreciate your insight.
I think this is a beautiful dream of the Lord showing you and your husband the plans that He has for this ministry. If nothing lines up with your spirit please feel free to discard.
Lots of Love.
WFH
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
j4him77
Bronze Member

Post by j4him77 »

Hi Joy! I love this dream! Its very encouraging! Both Talitha and WFH have already given you wonderful interpretations so I'll just add a couple details that I felt to expand on.

The left side usually speaks of what you were born to do so perhaps this means you're pastoring this church is in line with what you're called to do. The glass is revealing and clear, and will speak of the clear vision you have for this church and your congregation will see what you have in 'store' for them.

I felt the burgundy and green canopy/curtain was also a covering but a covering of the blood and communion with Him.

The shield I feel is actually two-fold. Not only is it protecting you and your ministry/church, but since there is a huge hook on it, this speaks of the enormity of your faith and how it will 'hook' or attract the 'big fish'. Perhaps you will be bringing some 'big prophetic fish' into your church soon? Hmmm...this could also mean that your husband IS a big fish! Oooh that's exciting!

Of course, please pray and ask for confirmation about all of this.

Blessings to you and your husband!

Jaimee :)
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

You guys have given Joy much to consider. One thing standing out to me is the canopy over head, seem to be like the Jewish celebrations and also the shield with the big hook, reminds me of a coat of arms that some families have . Your coat of arms speaks first of the plan of salvation and the need to rescue the lost.

Pray and ditch it this doesn't witness to you.

Blessings,
Joy