Old, worn out shoes

Archives for 2009
manicmusician
Bronze Member

Old, worn out shoes

Post by manicmusician »

In this dream last night, my ex-fiance had returned to me. IRL, I still love her very deeply, and in this dream that love was strong. There was, naturally, a bit of a coldness and awkwardness about the situation, an unsettledness, perhaps, but she had returned to me nonetheless.

She was sitting in a chair in the dining room putting on a pair of shoes. IRL, this pair of shoes is mine, and is the pair I was wearing when I proposed, but in the dream, I recognized this pair of shoes as a pair I had bought for her. They were worn out, scuffed, the leather on top so worn that it had pretty much sueded. I said "That's the pair of shoes I bought for you." She replied, "Yeah. It's the only pair I have. I threw all of my other shoes away."

My first thought was how bad her other shoes must be to throw them away and keep this beat-up pair, and then I thought "I need to go buy her some new shoes."

Thanks and God bless.
charlie
Diamond Member

Post by charlie »

friend...prayerfully consider whether this dream is a prompt that you need to bless your ex fiance on her onward journey, whether it be with or without you. Shoes are for the journey and the fact that you saw her need for new shoes to me suggests this...but shoes are not for possessing people they are for covering/protecting and even dignifying their feet on the road...letting people go with your blessing and goodwill gives them the freedom to choose to come back...

...only you will know if this and how this may apply. the Lord will show you if you seek Him...

bless you
charlie
Charlie
Jesus said: I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
NOTW
Diamond Member

Post by NOTW »

Yes, I see this too. I read your other dream and I kept getting the feeling of lust in that dream. That you are still lusting after your ex when God has someone else for you. I believe this is a soulish dream and that you need to process your feelings for this woman and to move forward to the new thing that the Lord has planned for you.
Love in Christ,
NOTW (Not of this World)

2 Chronicles 29:11 - "My sons, do not be negligent now, for the Lord has chosen you to stand before him and serve him, to minister before him and to burn incense.”
manicmusician
Bronze Member

Post by manicmusician »

Thanks guys.

I'm not sure what the Lord is telling me in these dreams, and I'll be praying about your insights.

Letting her go, in the physical, natural sense, is to let her fall back into the bondages of some cultic beliefs. "Christian" cult, but cultic nonetheless, and bondage nonetheless. I had been getting her out of such and steering her toward the liberty and freedom that the Spirit of the Lord offers. All of that said, if and when I'm certain that the Lord desires me to move past her, as painful as it would be, I will. It won't be to someone else, though, for some reasons that may be too personal to post. Innocent reasons, but very personal.

I'm not sure the two dreams are related. I tend to think the "Dove Checks" dream was specific to something the Holy Spirit wants to do with me, personally, apart from anything romantic. I may have misrepresented my feelings and emotions in that dream. It wasn't really a lust in the sense of a hunger satisfied as we normally think of lust, but more of a comfort, like coming home for Christmas, smelling brownies fresh out of the oven, having the people you love most all under one roof type of security and comfort. Like a coming home and being needed, loved, and taken care of comfort. I apologize if I described it poorly.

Regarding the above dream about the shoes, I do know that many people have been praying that, if she's God's choice for me, God will make her other life options unattractive to her, because ultimately she'll have to choose to obey God's will for her life. God has a funny way of slanting the playing field to show us His way if we're sensitive to Him, and one person has suggested that perhaps God is showing me that in His time He will show her that no matter how beaten up she sees our relationship, she will discard her other options, put on "our" shoes, and journey back to me. I don't know, and I don't want to latch on to that simply because it's what I'd like to see happen.

Thank you for your insights and prayers. Please pray that God would give full revelation. God bless.