Lioness biting my left eye

Archives for 2009
cbass
Silver Member

Lioness biting my left eye

Post by cbass »

In my dream I was walking down the street and I saw a little girl, she said,, your dog is real big! I smiled and said Yes he is but not as big as your dog. She had 2 dogs laying on the sidewalk behind her. As I was walking by I affectionatly ran my finger down the fur, between the eyes of the big dog. (this is what I do to my own dogs) When I did this I realized that the dog was a female lion and she was mad that I did it. I started to run and she caught me and chomped down over my left eye. I did not feel any pain because of the adrenaline running thru me. I began screaming " No! Jesus! No! Jesus!" over and over. I had so much adrenaline running thru me that I couldnt even hear my own voice saying screaming for help. I thought to myself,,Im gonna die, then I wondered if I'd go to heaven. Then i woke up...

any thoughts
cindie
Dustin
Bronze Member

Post by Dustin »

Matthew 7:6 comes to mind. "Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces."

Pray for what this means in your particular situation. It could also be a duel message. Opening yourself to closness and sweet affection to someone that, to your surprise, turns to tear you to pieces. Also the term "pet demon" comes to mind. Those things in our life that corrupt or pull us away from God that seem harmless on the outside. Things that we are comfortable with (TV, books, friends, relationships). Looking at your hobbies and relationships is a good place to start. In this dream you have one and this girl has two. Pray the Lord would reveal what yours may be, and who this girl is/which things she has. The enemy tries to be covert as much as they can, but when they're exposed for what they are and the jig is up, they will often attack openly and much more forcefully.

Stuff on the left side of your body generally represents your natural abilities, while the right side usually denotes spiritual gifts or God's abilities/power in general. So an attack on your right eye, for instance may be an attack on your spiritual sight, ie spiritual disernment/prophetic gifting. In this case, being the left side, I think it may be an attack on your physical sight. Pray that God would break off any attacks or assignments, and heal any damage done to your eyes. Another possibility is that this speaks of future events: a warning to be prepared, or avoid this attack by praying for recognition of the enemy, so you wont be taken by surprise and wouded the way you were in the dream. That you would recognise the enemy from a distance so you can stand to defend yourself instead of being pounced on.

Either way I think it would be good to pray for an extra dose of discernment, and keep a lookout for wolves in sheep's clothing (both people and activities)
Dustin
cbass
Silver Member

Post by cbass »

wow! thank you!
Jehu
Diamond Member

Post by Jehu »

I believe that the Holy Spirit is showing me that this is an encouragement to not focus on what is left. That is where the devourer seeks advantage in our lives. Rather than seeing from the "right" eye which is the eye of faith. God is your supply you need not compare and see yourself as less. Have you been comparing yourself to others? "God is encouraging you and saying you do not have to be intimidated." Also He is saying "Do not allow yourself to compare your self to others. He is more that enough."

1Pe 5:7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
1Pe 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because [fn] your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.
1Pe 5:9 Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world.

I hope you are encouraged Cindie
"For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee."
Jehu
Diamond Member

Post by Jehu »

also just found this on someones post.

Psalm 34

9 Fear the LORD, you his saints,
for those who fear him lack nothing.

10 The lions may grow weak and hungry,
but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing.
"For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee."