Physician heal thyself?

Archives for 2007
connie
Diamond Member

Physician heal thyself?

Post by connie »

Praise the Lord,

I asked the Lord for a dream to post on our new board. This is what I saw.

I saw a doctor, a man, walking straight ahead in a straight line towards an (unseen to me) goal. I knew as I watched him that he ministered to many people even when he had His own problems and hurts. He ignored his own issues. I silently asked the Lord why didn't the doctor attend to his own issues? Wouldn't his lack of attention to his personal life hinder his work?

Then I saw that as the doctor continued to walk eyes straight ahead going about his ministrations that little things (maybe stones or rocks?) simply fell off of him. I sensed the Lord was telling me, as the doctor took care of the patients the Lord took care of the doctor.

I saw the doctor down on his knees by the side of his bed praying for others and committing his life anew to the Lord. I knew this was a nightly routine and I saw all the troubles of the day slide off him like literal matter and he was as a man renewed, refreshed and washed clean. End

In His Love, connie
talitha

Post by talitha »

Connie, thankyou for posting this...... the meaning seems quite clear to me, and probably to you, but I don't think this is a message for you or me personally, so I will post what I'm seeing for the benefit of others......

I think this dream shows first how the Lord sees the leadership of this ministry (including a certain intercessor who shall go un-named), and second a principle that the Body of Christ needs to learn.

I see the leadership of TehillahDreams as the doctor, and yes, we have our personal issues, but as we minister, often the Lord uses the very words we type to deal with the issues in our own lives - also, just the act of focusing where the Lord wants us to focus and not on the problems and concerns that press in on us causes those problems and concerns to fall away. I say it shows a principle, because this is not only for us here at TehillahDreams, it's something many Christians need to realize - we will always have troubles and needs and issues in our lives as long as we remain on this planet - but this is our time, our opportunity, to make a difference - once we are in Heaven, we will no longer have the opportunity to shine as lights in the dark for those who are lost, and we will no longer have the opportunity to win battles against the devil - he will be in the lake of fire.

....I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus. Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
(Philippians 3:12-14)

blessings
tal
bjcollin
Site Owner

Post by bjcollin »

Amen. Good dream. God is first, others second, and I am third.

In Christ,
songmiracle
Silver Member

Keep going!

Post by songmiracle »

I was greatly ministered through this dream. I know exactly what it feels to be sick (in my case physically) and to keep going to do HIS will. I receive this "healing" every day, as the Lord gives me strength and joy. My doctor tells me that medically speaking I shouldn't be doing the things that I do. I tell him that is in God’s strength.

I believe this dream is also, for those in the Body of Christ that have any type of limitation or trials. Do not drop the ball, believe in God’s promises! Keep going, even if it hurts!

“I can do everything through HIM who gives me strength.”
Philippians 4:13
christianfireman
Silver Member

Re: Physician heal thyself?

Post by christianfireman »

connie wrote:I saw a doctor, a man ... he ministered to many people even when he had His own problems and hurts.

I silently asked the Lord why didn't the doctor attend to his own issues? Wouldn't his lack of attention to his personal life hinder his work?
^Why the doctor "didn't attend" to his own issues ...

Matthew 6:31, 33
  • Therefore do not be anxious, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'
  • But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things shall be yours as well.
[/i][/b][/color]

PEACE
connie
Diamond Member

Post by connie »

Thank you to all of you who responded.

Talitha, yes, the message was as you said. And I agree the Lord is speaking to His Body about this important principle.

Songmiracle, I thank the Lord right along with you for His ministering to you through this dream. I pray the Lord continues the healing process He has begun in you.

Christianfireman, thank you for that confirming scripture. Lord bless you!

Hey, BJ good to see you brother! I pray all is well in your house.

Bless you all in Jesus Name,

connie