Visiting my old neighborhood

Archives for 2009
bigbee
Gold Member

Visiting my old neighborhood

Post by bigbee »

I was hoping someone here would be able to provide some insight for me on this dream:

I dreamed I was back in my old neighborhood where I once lived growing up. It was a pleasant neighborhood that I was fond of because it was the first time in my life where I actually lived in a neighborhood near my school and had friends nearby. I was walking down the street admiring the neighborhood when I came to an area which in times past was open street which lead to a park and my school, but now there was a house. In order to get through, I had to go through this house. So I proceeded to open the back door of this house and quietly pass through to get where i wanted to go, hopeffully un-noticed, the door was old and very narrow. Just then an old lady of the house spotted me. She invited me in and said that there was a couple who wanted to see me. (I knew the couple from a previous church I attended).

I really didn't want to see them, but I went into the restroom to get ready before i saw them. while in the restroom, I looked in the mirror and I noticed that all of my hair was now gray! My face in the mirror also now resembled one of the people I was too meet?? This was rather strange. End of dream.

Thoughts anyone?? The gray hair really stood out in the dream, does this mean wisdom??? I appreciate anyone's input!

Thanks

Bb
bigbee
Gold Member

Post by bigbee »

-Bump-

Was hoping someone might be able to help with this one :D

Bb
Joy2dream

Post by Joy2dream »

Bb,
As always consider with prayer:
I dreamed I was back in my old neighborhood where I once lived growing up. It was a pleasant neighborhood that I was fond of because it was the first time in my life where I actually lived in a neighborhood near my school and had friends nearby.
I am seeing this as a place the Lord wants you to be, a pleasant place where there are friends, re-creation and a time to learn of Him.
I was walking down the street admiring the neighborhood when I came to an area which in times past was open street which lead to a park and my school, but now there was a house. In order to get through, I had to go through this house.
I am seeing the house as a place in your heart/soul that you will have to "walk through" in order to get to or possibly even back to where the Lord wants you to be. The path is closed to this place but the Lord has put in your way the place in your heart that you need to deal with before going further.
So I proceeded to open the back door of this house and quietly pass through to get where i wanted to go, hopeffully un-noticed, the door was old and very narrow.
I am seeing this entering throught the back door and wanting to go unnoticed as you wanting to just deal with the issue of having to get there and get this over with thing.
Just then an old lady of the house spotted me. She invited me in and said that there was a couple who wanted to see me. (I knew the couple from a previous church I attended).
I am seeing the old lady of the house as wisdom here. She wants you to meet/have an encounter with the couple from the previous church.
I really didn't want to see them, but I went into the restroom to get ready before i saw them. while in the restroom, I looked in the mirror and I noticed that all of my hair was now gray! My face in the mirror also now resembled one of the people I was too meet?? This was rather strange. End of dream.
I am seeing this couple as something from the previous church that you are going to have to face (looking at in the mirror). I believe the couple can be something you need to reflect upon and see that you have grown in wisdom and can move on.

Hope this helps, if not put it on the shelf.
Hugs,
Joy
bigbee
Gold Member

Post by bigbee »

Joy, I am always amazed how you simplify and explain the dreams. You are truly gifted and continue to be a blessing to me! Your explanation is very clear and I believe very accurate. The Lord has gifted you with such wisdom and grace.

Thank You so much, May our Lord's favor and grace be with you always :D

Bb