the wedding

Archives for 2009
Petrarch
Bronze Member

the wedding

Post by Petrarch »

I got this from a girl I know from another forum:

So it starts out with me and this guy standing face to face at the front of my college's chapel. I'm not quite sure what's happening until I realize that he's holding both my hands and we're listening to my uncle preach a marriage sermon. I look behind me and see my sister, tearing up, and behind my to-be-husband is my brother. Those are the only two attendants. I look in the crowd and there's maybe 10-12 people, including both of our immediate families. The organist, my grandma. Suddenly, I 'remember' that my uncle who was supposed to play the organ couldn't make it. I also 'remember' that I have only known the man in front of me for about 3 weeks, it's the beginning of second semester of next year. He's a transfer from a different college, we clicked, and decided to get married right away, wasting no time. I can't take my eyes off of him. There's a gentleness in all of his features that I can't explain. And he can't stop smiling at me, like I'm some sort of priz!
e. Finally, my uncle says, "I now pronounce you husband and wife!" But, I 'remember' at this time that he and I didn't want our first kiss to be in front of everyone, so we skipped that part and my uncle presented us to our families. I hugged my parents and my siblings, his parents and siblings, and we all go our separate ways.
Unfortunately, right then, he has to go to class, so my sister and I go to the grocery store, because now I have to make meals for my husband and I. She helps me pick up a few things that I'll need for marriage [i.e. toilet paper, paper towel, air freshener, chicken, and cool whip. Not sure why. It made sense at the time] and then go back to school. She has to leave for Kentucky again, though, so we part ways while I take care of the groceries. I go into my room and find both my best friends sitting and talking, like normal, and then my friend Rebecca says, "Lisa, you have two rings on your left ring finger. Is this a joke?" And I said, "No, about an hour ago, I got married." To this, both of them scream and jump around, and then Rebecca says, "To whom? And why isn't it on Facebook yet?"
And I forget his name! I'm searching through all my friends on facebook, and nothing's coming up that sounds familiar in the least bit, and then he walks in. I calmly ask him if we're friends on facebook and he comes around the back of me and says, "No, I don't think we are, actually. We should change that." While I'm trying to search in my head for his name, cause I still can't remember it, he leans down and kisses me. It was rather nice, I must say. He then whispers, "We're finding a co-ed room tonight," and then grabs his backpack. "Well, off to class again. I'll see you later, babe" he says. I turn to my friend Rebecca and say, "That was our FIRST kiss, EVER! I'm so glad I waited 3 weeks..." and she rolled her eyes...
and then I woke up.

Any ideas?