Three Trefoil Crosses

Archives for 2007
starlight

Three Trefoil Crosses

Post by starlight »

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 2007

Awoke around 6:00 a.m.on Monday and saw a dark Trefoil Cross (also known as the Budded Cross) looming above me. From past experience, I immediately recognized and understood that this was a warning of a trial coming my way. The next day, Tuesday, in the early morning hours, I began to experience excruciating abdominal cramps, nausea and pain all over my body. After 6 hours the pain was quite intense and decided it was best to go to the E.R. There I was diagnosed as having contracted food poisoning. (Other people had also been admitted to the hospital with food poisoning after having eaten at the same restaurant where we had eaten dinner on Monday evening.)

I tend to have a little touch of claustrophobia. And while under the CT Scan (even though it was the open model) claustrophobic feelings began to well up. I closed my eyes and turned all my thoughts directly to GOD. Within a few seconds I saw two bright white Trefoil Crosses. One was looming above me again, and the other was laid down in very bright green grass. After the crosses disappeared, a floating green light surrounded my field of consciousness. With that vision, the claustrophic feelings left and before I knew it, the examination was over.

To view a picture of the “Trefoil Cross” please go to the following link (it is displayed as the fifth cross on the page):

http://home.att.net/~wegast/symbols/cro ... osses.html

To Be Continued….
"May the Lord make His face shine upon thee..."
starlight

Three Trefoil Crosses

Post by starlight »

There was no doubt in my mind that the dark Trefoil Cross warned of an upcoming trial. And though I understood that the other two bright Trefoil Crosses were positive signs, it wasn’t until Wednesday afternoon when my mind cleared up again, that the full meaning of the vision in the E.R. became apparent. While I was sitting at my kitchen table overlooking the green field through the glass patio door, verses in Psalm 23 revealingly breezed through my mind like a refreshing spring wind:

”The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures, He leadeth me beside the still waters. he restoreth my soul: He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for thou art with me: thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.” (Psalm 23:1-4)

A Trefoil Cross represents the Holy Trinity which are forces that live within us, and in a sense, the dark cross represented me on a suffering cross. The second looming bright cross, on the other hand, symbolized that I would be victoriously raised from this illness. The third bright cross on the green grass symbolized that it was the good Shepherd who would help me overcome my feelings of claustrophobia and restore me to good health! Green is also a color that is associated with life: as in the greening life force of plants in a pasture….and here I am reminded how the green color in my field of consciousness symbolized a pasture of lively green trefoil plants upon which this third cross rested.

http://www.bartleby.com/61/69/T0336900.html

Thank you Lord for helping me turn this small trial into a triumph! Praying and believing that you will continue to comfort and guide us all through life’s many trials.

Praising your holy name Jesus Christ!
starlight
talitha

Post by talitha »

the Holy Trinity which are forces that live within us
What do you mean by this?
starlight

Post by starlight »

talitha wrote:
the Holy Trinity which are forces that live within us
What do you mean by this?

Paul teaches we are the temple of the Holy Spirit (1 Cor. 3:16). Because the Holy Spirit is part of the Holy Trinity, all three (GOD, Son and the Holy Spirit) reside within us.
starlight

Post by starlight »

Forces: power and strength. might, energy, potency.

(If this does not fit your understanding, maybe I worded it wrong. English is not my first language.)
starlight

Post by starlight »

While searching for more information on trefoils, I found the following excerpt on a website which I thought was interesting. It never ceases to amaze me how the Holy Spirit opens my understanding to things I had no knowledge about through symbols!

“The well known legend of the Shamrock (a trefoil) connects it definitely to St. Patrick and his teaching. Preaching in the open air on the doctrine of the trinity, he is said to have illustrated the existence of the Three in One by plucking a shamrock from the grass growing at his feet and showing it to his congregation. The legend of the shamrock is also connected with that of the banishment of the serpent tribe from Ireland by a tradition that snakes are never seen on trefoil and that it is a remedy against the stings of snakes and scorpions. “

“And the Lord God said unto the serpent….thou art cursed above all cattle and above every beast of the field upon thy belly shalt thou go and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life.” (Gen. 3:14)

“And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent called the Devil, and Satan which deceiveth the whole world, he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.” (Rev. 12:9)

“And he (the Lord) said…I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you: but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven.” (Lk. 10:18-20)
Last edited by starlight on Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.